TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR's forsale

Nice car ; I know if I pull trigger ; I will be sleeping on the couch untill the car is paid in full or I buy my wifed a new Lincoln MKS with the Ecoboost. :hysterical:

Scotty

I feel your pain Scotty. My Kr came with the cost of a Nissan Armada Platinum edition for the wifie. Kept me off the couch but it's a war of attrition that you can't win! She took the Armada but still keeps an eye on that KR parked in the garage doing nothing. The hearts and minds campaign is costly!

I feel your pain Scotty. My Kr came with the cost of a Nissan Armada Platinum edition for the wifie. Kept me off the couch but it's a war of attrition that you can't win! She took the Armada but still keeps an eye on that KR parked in the garage doing nothing. The hearts and minds campaign is costly!

Mine cost me a ML550..... Oh well, happy wife, happy life...

• 4 weeks later...

Mine cost me a ML550..... Oh well, happy wife, happy life...

LOL.....that's funny. Mine cost me a ML320 but we were negotiating on a ML55 before we settled on the 320.

Yours wouldn't happen to be Silver, out of Seaside would it?

I offered Carminati Olds (used car lot) $30K OUT THE DOOR and the Sales Manager wouldn't budge on the fees (~$2,000). He kept telling me "I know you want this car and you want it BAD...".

He was wrong and I told him so. He didn't believe me and after almost 4 hours of them trading me off from person to person and me sticking with #30K OTD, I walked....my wife walked about 2 hours before I did because she could see I was having fun beating on the guy. And I DID....I got great pleasure ouf of negotiating with this dummy (he had NO idea what the AMG package was and I did). He told me "we have another buyer coming in tomorrow with cash" and I said "good, then you're wasting your time with me. Sell it to HIM for $32,5K because you will NOT sell it to me for that price (I pulled his bluff).

We saw the sales girl that we originally talked to working in a bank a few months later and we asked her if they ever sold the car (it was a LOW MILEAGE, Silver ML55 AMG, CLEAN) and she told us they wholesaled it and lost their ass! Ahhhh, karma is a wonderful thing.

But in my case, she got the ML and that was *my* opening to get the Shelby...."well YOU got a Mercedes Benz!" (and I had a GMC regular cab/bed!).

I was just wondering if somehow you ended up with the same ML I was beating on them about. Silver w/Black interior with the rear pullback cover missing (the cover that hides stuff in the back). CLEAN car, kind'a wish I bought it but the 320 is SOOOO much better on gas and I can actually take it off road (the head of the MBZ Club of America (oddly enough, headquarters in Co. Springs) told me you can't take the AMG ML's off-road.

Coincidence?

Phill

LOL.....that's funny. Mine cost me a ML320 but we were negotiating on a ML55 before we settled on the 320.

Yours wouldn't happen to be Silver, out of Seaside would it?

I offered Carminati Olds (used car lot) $30K OUT THE DOOR and the Sales Manager wouldn't budge on the fees (~$2,000). He kept telling me "I know you want this car and you want it BAD...".

He was wrong and I told him so. He didn't believe me and after almost 4 hours of them trading me off from person to person and me sticking with #30K OTD, I walked....my wife walked about 2 hours before I did because she could see I was having fun beating on the guy. And I DID....I got great pleasure ouf of negotiating with this dummy (he had NO idea what the AMG package was and I did). He told me "we have another buyer coming in tomorrow with cash" and I said "good, then you're wasting your time with me. Sell it to HIM for $32,5K because you will NOT sell it to me for that price (I pulled his bluff).

We saw the sales girl that we originally talked to working in a bank a few months later and we asked her if they ever sold the car (it was a LOW MILEAGE, Silver ML55 AMG, CLEAN) and she told us they wholesaled it and lost their ass! Ahhhh, karma is a wonderful thing.

But in my case, she got the ML and that was *my* opening to get the Shelby...."well YOU got a Mercedes Benz!" (and I had a GMC regular cab/bed!).

I was just wondering if somehow you ended up with the same ML I was beating on them about. Silver w/Black interior with the rear pullback cover missing (the cover that hides stuff in the back). CLEAN car, kind'a wish I bought it but the 320 is SOOOO much better on gas and I can actually take it off road (the head of the MBZ Club of America (oddly enough, headquarters in Co. Springs) told me you can't take the AMG ML's off-road.

Coincidence?

Phill

Phill,

we got ours (my 2010) on Dec 31 from Mercedes of Monterey...but close nonetheless. The 2010 was the third one we looked at there. It is called Palladium, a new color for 2010. The one that drew me in was a 2007 ML63 with only 7000 miles on the odo, but the new 550 has 382hp, plenty, and so what did I need a big rockin' AMG for (along with the spendy service.....= AMG) . As cool as the ML63 was, it was excessive...

we got ours (my 2010) on Dec 31 from Mercedes of Monterey...but close nonetheless. The 2010 was the third one we looked at there. It is called Palladium, a new color for 2010. The one that drew me in was a 2007 ML63 with only 7000 miles on the odo, but the new 550 has 382hp, plenty, and so what did I need a big rockin' AMG for (along with the spendy service.....= AMG) . As cool as the ML63 was, it was excessive...

We got hers from Stahl too. We were working between them and the one in SJ (can't rememeber the name......)

And I forgot.. When we were looking at that AMG it was a 5.5L (AMG55). I forgot they went up to a 6.3L.

Heck, back then you could get a ML350 (V-6) or a ML500 (V-8). The AMG55 engine was handbuilt and was STRONG (can't remember the HP rating, but it was UP there). I was thinking yours was a AMG because I forgot they raised the displacement on the later AMG's.

I gotta tell ya though....I *really* liked the "sporty" look of the ML AMG. I think the one we looked at was a 2002 or 2004. The "double hump" hood, the wheels, the body side panels...they are SWEET looking.

But then I've also seen a V-6 ML320 with all of the same body pieces the AMG55 had on it. I don't know if it was a special edition or what but when I first saw it, I thought it was a AMG until I walked up to look at it and saw the ML badge on the rear hatch.

Anyway, I'm gettin' way OT here so I'll shut up!

Later,

Phill

OMG..you guys are a bunch of P.W. girls.....

I built my CS6, bought my GT-500 and everything else I have with the sweat of my brow and a clear conscience...

Everything I want I get because I'm the King of this castle...

For the record....I just don't think about the $300,000.00 it cost me to become the King of this castle....it makes me cry....lol...

Interesting how many guys ended up buying Mercedes for their wives, My GT 500 cost me a G 500; both got 500s nice. The G

is from Valencia, absolutely love it!

Hertz cost me a 007 T-Bird.

She gets a new car first this time! LOL

Doc Scott

Now I don't feel so bad about the mods I did to my GT500 and trying to sell. IMO there is no way to sell for half of what he wants. I do wish him luck. I think the best thing to do is put it back to stock, sell for market value and chalk it up to a learning experiance.

It really is a nice car. Pity he has to sell. I'd venture its for monetary reasons. A car built like that with such TLC must be wrenching to see the sharks circling. No way in this economy he'll get that price. Hopefully half, as was stated. Taking the car so far out of stock, only to have to sell, he must have blindsided himself...ignoring the warnings of the economy and pressing on. To take that car back to stock would cost thousands in labor. Unless he does it himself. And I do think that right now, in this economy with brand new KR's still on dealer lots, its better to return it to stock and sell the upgrades. I think overall...whatever you do to the KR....its probably better in resale to return it to stock. But go too far down the road of mods, and its really tough to get back!

I wish him well and hope all of us are able to hold onto our cars in the coming years. The economy is going to get worse before it gets better. The price of oil alone, is going to destroy the global economy as we are held hostage to the mideast and their tribal whims.

Good luck with the sale of that KR! Hope it works out for you!

I'm glad to see the car is doing well. It's a spectacular car. I'd customize some sort of strut tower brace on it though. I hope it goes for in the 80's or 90's even. If it goes for half, someone got a HUGE deal. It might in this economy. I'm gonna watch it and see how it goes. Super nice car.

• 1 month later...

It will be interesting to see what the market does for the modified KR's like these. This is a great looking car but I wonder if most will be somewhat hesitant to buy a modified one? Or will they fare about the same? Good luck with the sale.

It will be interesting to see what the market does for the modified KR's like these. This is a great looking car but I wonder if most will be somewhat hesitant to buy a modified one? Or will they fare about the same? Good luck with the sale.

Not sure if some would be hesitant to buy a modified one or not. But If so someone wanted putting it back to stock it would really just be a matter of putting the factory stripes and wheels on. But we will soon see how the market responds.

Archived