TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/NOS

Before I ask for your help, I want to thank all of you for the information I have gathered in the last 10 months. I have a huge collection of all your suggestions and ideas for our 07 Shelby GT. I needed to sit back and learn. I'm from the old days when I could tune a car with a wrench and my ear. Now you need something that looks like a game boy with a cord.

Yes this car is TECHNICALLY my wife's car " MS SHELB ". No - she never has been on this web site.

She drives it to work in heavy traffic when weather permits. It needs to be a TRUE daily driver in Ohio weather. I want to bring it up to around 500 hp on demand only. I had a phase 2 nos system on the 69 Mach 1 that was plumbed in to the runners for show. 225 hp on demand for the car's total of 625 hp.

Thanks to the tip from ' Fordrocks1' on the new shop in Florida -Torc, I got a great deal on a ZEX system. I called ZEX to ask these questions and got somebody that his answer was always " Ya that should work "

I know I need cold plugs. I have seen prices from $6 to $17. This car will not be used for racing and the system used only in short spurts. What plugs would you suggest? What other changes do I need to make ? What tune should I use after the install. The system is rated for max 175 hp, how do I get to 200 hp. What do you ACTUALLY gain in HP with a 175 system.

I would welcome any and all suggestions.

My wife says she will never turn the system on. SHE lies like sheep.

You need to have a custom dyno tune written for the NOS, no question.

As for plugs, any of the colder plugs available will work just fine for your application - FRPP, Autolite, Brisk, etc. The 'zero degree' plugs would be your safest bet. Good luck.

I would give Erik or Meister at Torq a buzz and they will set you up with what you need tune, tuner, and parts. However, K summed it up pretty well. Spraying for sure is fun, did you get a electronic bottle opener, heating blanket, and gauges? I know it's overkill to have them but it makes things easier when spraying.

I've been running that Zex kit on my SGT for a couple years. Sounds like you are unsure of your horsepower goals, but if you keep it under a 150 shot you'll be good with the stock pump. Actually you'll want to keep it under 150 with the stock internals anyway. I've had HT0's in my car for the same amount of time with no issues. Remember Zex rates it's horsepower at the crank, not the wheels. So, 125 jets will get yyould get you 100 horsepower to the wheels. HTH.

Thanks 'Thekurgan' that was important information. Even thou the system won't ever be on more then a few seconds I don't want to turn this in to " lets fix the engine ". I figured the hp rating might be flywheel. My goal is to put it above the new GT. 150 shot should be just fine.

Thanks 'Thekurgan' that was important information. Even thou the system won't ever be on more then a few seconds I don't want to turn this in to " lets fix the engine ". I figured the hp rating might be flywheel. My goal is to put it above the new GT. 150 shot should be just fine.

A 150 shot is too much imo. The stock rods will not handle that kind of torque. Get yourself the window switch too. It's an absolute must with that big of a shot. Seriously you will spank the new GT with just a 100 shot.

Archived