TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT's for sale on Craigslist today around our nation!

07SGT5687

and yes... I'm bored. :banghead:

UPDATED:

08SGT0462

07SGT2355

08SGT1043

07SGT1510

07SGT????

07SGT4830

07SGT????

07SGT????

08SGT1847 VERT WITH NAV

07SGT???? BLOWN

07SGT4481

08SGT????

07H???? "HURST" CONVERTIBLE

07SGT???? Needs a bath....

07SGT3418

07SGT????

07SGT????

07SGT5639 "GT350"

08SGT0685

07SGT????

07SGT????

07SGT1931

07SGT2025

07SGT0408

08SGT2047

07SGT????

07SGT1389 "exwife car"

07SGT????

08SGT2264 BARRETT JACKSON CONVERTIBLE!!

08SGT1952

07SGT4902

08SGT???? "GT350", "A COLLECTORS ITEM THERE WERE ONLY 2000 MADE IT IS ABOUT 350 HP", "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION YOU CAN GO SLOW OR FAST!! YOUR CHOICE!!!"

07SGT4798 Saw this one before... probably a rebuild...

MISC.

06-07 GT-H FRONT BUMPERS... ???

Mustang GT with "Shelby Racing Cams" and "Shelby Stripes".... I did not know Shelby made "racing cams"

SHELBY GT... ??? SURE IT IS! Is says so right there on the wheels!! :hysterical:

66 Hertz RED!!

RARE FIND - GT F-150 KR :redcard:

OLD... but still listed...

07SGT1136

07SGT2868??

07SGT0408

ENJOY

besides the stripes not being correct........it is not the correct CAI on 4798 either ...and I am not referring to the CF elbow..............the open box around the filter isnt right........

I know most of the car is correct......but my guess would be either front end damage leading to CAI replacment or maybe the badges were moved from a real car

and this one got all dressed up.

besides the stripes not being correct........it is not the correct CAI on 4798 either ...and I am not referring to the CF elbow..............the open box around the filter isnt right........

I know most of the car is correct......but my guess would be either front end damage leading to CAI replacment or maybe the badges were moved from a real car

Hard to tell for sure, unless we can get a VIN for this car???

My guess would be the prior. I bet it got a bunch of front end damage of some kind and they just redid the stripes. Seems odd that they would go through the trouble of ordering ALL those Shelby parts (shifter, wheels, side stripes, letters, suspension, side scoops, hood scoop, front and rear fascia)... But NOT the top stripes, if they were making a fake. And judging by the looks of the lot it's on and the price they have it for, 10:1 it's got a salvage title.

I also thought it was funny how they showed the mileage... wait... no... that says 23 miles to empty... :doh:

THANKS! That ought to keep Steven a little busy adding these listing into the Registry...

That brings up a question... I hear many comments of documenting certain "events" in these cars life... I'm just curious, what types of things ARE actually documented in the registry and, frankly, why? Pardon my ignorance.

Hard to tell for sure, unless we can get a VIN for this car???

Workin' on it! ;) ... I said I was bored!

That brings up a question... I hear many comments of documenting certain "events" in these cars life... I'm just curious, what types of things ARE actually documented in the registry and, frankly, why? Pardon my ignorance.

Workin' on it! ;) ... I said I was bored!

For example, there might already be a previous registry listing under a certain CSM # already showing that a particular car was "totaled" in 2008 or 2009. Now if that same CSM # (with tags and dash plaques) shows up again as a "whole" car in 2010 or 2011, then someone is trying to re-badge a standard Mustang GT into a Shelby GT...

The registry will also show that a particular CSM # was listed for sale, with some general info (date, location, asking price, etc) just to show where the car has been during its "lifetime"...

Just a couple of examples, but to someone 20-30 years down the road, this type of information could mean the difference to someone looking to buy an "original" Shelby GT or KR or SS or 40th or Terlingua or 350/500...

For example, there might already be a previous registry listing under a certain CSM # already showing that a particular car was "totaled" in 2008 or 2009. Now if that same CSM # (with tags and dash plaques) shows up again as a "whole" car in 2010 or 2011, then someone is trying to re-badge a standard Mustang GT into a Shelby GT...

The registry will also show that a particular CSM # was listed for sale, with some general info (date, location, asking price, etc) just to show where the car has been during its "lifetime"...

Just a couple of examples, but to someone 20-30 years down the road, this type of information could mean the difference to someone looking to buy an "original" Shelby GT or KR or SS or 40th or Terlingua or 350/500...

I see, so id the registry data open to the public then? So we CAN reference it in purchasing Shelby Vehicles? Or do you have to coordinate that through a Registrar or something like that?

I see, so id the registry data open to the public then? So we CAN reference it in purchasing Shelby Vehicles? Or do you have to coordinate that through a Registrar or something like that?

Right now, the Registry information is NOT available for public, on-line viewing... It is something that is currently being worked on...

But if you have a question about a particular car, then there is a group of Registrars assigned to a specific Shelby model or version...

However, you are always welcome to give SA a call directly, and someone there will be more than happy to help you shift.gif

:headscratch: yes there is... in the 1st picture. 4902?

EDIT - oh, the first BLACK 07SGT! ;) Good point... I didn't see that.

shelby trunk letters on that one arent correct either.....Id say someone tried putting this together from a wrecked one (also)

no scoop, trunk letters wrong.....tell tale signs of bad news......

shelby trunk letters on that one arent correct either.....Id say someone tried putting this together from a wrecked one (also)

I bet they are the right letters, just not the right spacing. My guess would be when the front got wrecked, they just opted out of replacing the scoop and when they had to redo all the stripes, they spaced the rear letters as they saw fit. Probably not Shelby stripes either which is likely why they redid them all the way down. Otherwise, why wouldn't you just order the stripes form Shelby and replace as necessary? Local shop probably said, "eh, I can do those for a QUARTER of what Shelby charges", but they would have had to replace them all the way back... which again, explains the letter mis-spacing.

I think it's real... probably redone though.

At first I was thinking the owner gave up on having a warped scoop, but then I realized that there are no obvious holes from the original scoop. I'd love to see the inside of that hood, or a close-up of the vinyl to see why/how it's missing.

It is quite amazing to see how many changes have been made to these cars - just in a few years. I can't wait until 20 or 30 years from now to see some SGTs - gonna be fun figuring out if they're real or not.

Wow... that's quite a price range for our cars.

Still, the best deals can be found right here on TS For Sale forums. Found

mine there from one of us nuts who pampers these cars 18 months ago.

Price was cheaper than most listed above.

-Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Archived