TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Bunny in Beaumont

cobrafan

Well, the rumors are true. CSM 08TRT0427 has a new home. The previous owner of this early and very special Terlingua decided to sell. We happened to be at the right place at the right time and both the seller and buyer walked away happy. That always makes for a good deal.

I've been looking for a donor car for some time to calm down the natives on Terlingua Island. I talked with the seller on Saturday and cut the deal on the phone when I heard about the car, history, and mileage 12,750 of which less than 2,000 are Terlingua miles. We spent Monday making arrangements to go to Dallas today and close the deal. We are back in Beaumont after dropping the car off at Quantum for a few modifications, Faze 2 Watts Link, Sub Frame Connectors, new tune and a couple more minor things.

Nedless to say, we are thrilled!

th_QuantumPU2.jpg

th_QuantumPU1.jpg

th_GOBQuantum.jpg

th_DonQuantumPU.jpg

08 Vapor with Flat Black Hood 12,750 Miles

Shelby Performance Package with 8.8/373 gears rest of the package standard Paxton, brakes, etc

Some of the extras :happy feet:

Shelby Custom Interior Special Parchment with Black inserts with Black Bunnies (matches original decor)

Shelby Extreme Rear 6 piston brakes

Polished Supercharger

Shelby Terlingua Car Cover

Shelby Terlingua Car Cover (yes, there are two)

Shelby Intercooler Cover

Shelby Front Brake Duct Assembly

Kooks V6 Long Tube Headers

Kooks X-Pipe w/cats

Centerforce Dual Friction II Clutch/Pressure Plate

Billet Interior Trim

Hi-Output Coil

Yellow Plug Wires

Alloy/Yellow Intake Manifold Cover

Other stuff that I have forgotten

Shelby/Kicker Sound System on Shaker 500

It should be killer on the track at Hallet.

Congrats Don! happy%20feet.gif

You must be selling the crap out of the double cheeseburgers! :hysterical:

White car going to be show only from now on?

Actually Sean, we stopped selling them last Wednesday. In 5 days I've made enought to buy a new car. :shift:

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifCongrats happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Now you have to do what we do - choose between which car to take to each event.

Or... There's a guy in the Tulsa area that has a big black trailer

It will be a blast

DeWayne, this is an easy one. She gets to drive to the track. I get to drive on the track. We are planning on bringing the 40th in the trailer and Gladys will drive the Bunny to Tulsa. Fun times to come.

Thanks Sheri. This is Gladys' mostly.

I see Don has been to the Mike Stacy school of relationship building! :hysterical:

So will Gladys be getting a new motor or a tranny next Christmas?

Doc Scott

I see Don has been to the Mike Stacy school of relationship building! :hysterical:

So will Gladys be getting a new motor or a tranny next Christmas?

Doc Scott

Absolutely not. I'm sure she wants a certain set of wheels and tires first. Then the matching steering wheel for the interior, then the single piece drive shaft, butmost of all she whats a new detailing kit so she can get it nice, clean, and shinny. Why would she want a new engine and tranny on a car with only 12,750 miles? Now, if pressed, she might really like a racing seat and roll bar, I'll have to wait for her Christmas list.

Absolutely not. I'm sure she wants a certain set of wheels and tires first. Then the matching steering wheel for the interior, then the single piece drive shaft, butmost of all she whats a new detailing kit so she can get it nice, clean, and shinny. Why would she want a new engine and tranny on a car with only 12,750 miles? Now, if pressed, she might really like a racing seat and roll bar, I'll have to wait for her Christmas list.

Sounds Like you Have a Excellent grip on the Situation!!!!!

Congrats!!!

Doc Scott

Hey Don and Gladys,

Congratulations!!! Beautiful Terlingua you have there. :happy feet:

Quieting the natives on the island though is a tall order for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you both and the new car at Terlingua this year - another bunny to fear in the area! Awesome.

Enjoy,

David

Sounds Like you Have a Excellent grip on the Situation!!!!!

Congrats!!!

Doc Scott

Well, I try. The early birthday present of the watts link, cooling tanks, and custom tune are only because I'm just a caring, loving, hubby. We may need to get matching driving suits for Mothers day.

Hey Don and Gladys,

Congratulations!!! Beautiful Terlingua you have there. :happy feet:

Quieting the natives on the island though is a tall order for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you both and the new car at Terlingua this year - another bunny to fear in the area! Awesome.

Enjoy,

David

Thanks David. Terlingua 1, 2, and 3 have all been special. Terlingua 4 will be super special. You are right on the natives, not much will keep them quite, save for extraordinary amounts of Don Julio.

Congrats!!! Glad to see another female in the bunch!!!!

See y'all soon. :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

badhare, Gladys is looking at GOBUNY. (Gladys O'Brien, i.e., GO) another choice is (wabbit) I ignored Stacy's suggestion of "bone stock"

Sounds like Gladys got bit pretty hard by the "bug" LOL....

Congrats Don and Gladys!!!

Alex

Alex,

Kinda of sorta. Lots of encouragement and salesmanship involved. Over the long haul she will really enjoy the car, which means that I am forgiven. August we will celebrate 42 years. I've been here before.

Congrats Don...........the new Terlingua will fit in really nice with your 40th.

Thanks. Not quite a SS and 40th, but at Hallet, for sure, it will be killer and keep up with the big boys.

Archived