TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tru Carbon or Hydrocarbon front splitter ?

I am looking to get the front splitter the super snake has i have seen them in tru caron and hydrocarbon, anyone know which looks and fits the best

thanks

i have the tru-carbon one for the gt 500 its a perfect fit , real carbon fiber, not that hydrocarbon what ever that product is i am not sure, if you look at it close the pattern on the hydrocarbon imo looks fake

Just be aware, and believe me I go back and forth on this daily...

If your car is a DRIVER, a daily driver, no matter what piece you put on there its gonna get the SH!T kicked out of it by "road crap", stones, etc...

So not too sure how long you can keep it looking "new".

The black plastic one that is stock costs about $125, bang it up and go get a new one. Not so with the $600-700 ones.

Just my .02

That said, I REALLY REALLY want that Trufiber "real" carbon fiber one...

i have the tru-carbon one for the gt 500 its a perfect fit , real carbon fiber, not that hydrocarbon what ever that product is i am not sure, if you look at it close the pattern on the hydrocarbon imo looks fake

I HAVE MY 2010 GT 500 IN HYDROCARBON OUTSIDE AND INSIDE. YOU LEY ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

post-28618-0-65223100-1299106875_thumb.jpg

post-28618-0-14787500-1299106951_thumb.jpg

post-28618-0-65223100-1299106875_thumb.jpg

post-28618-0-14787500-1299106951_thumb.jpg

i am not saying the hydro-carbon is not a good product , not really sure if it is a real carbon fiber , but if you compare the price of each {tru-carbon and hydro} the true carbon is less expensive at least on the side skirts if you going to spend the money like i did why not get the real thing

i am not saying the hydro-carbon is not a good product , not really sure if it is a real carbon fiber

It's not.

Carbon Fiber is a material, similar to Fiberglass.

Hydrocarbon is coating painted on, to make your plasitc part LOOK like carbon fiber.

Apples and oranges....

Phill

If you do install real CF then have it covered with a clear bra product. I have mine covered with Venture Shield (now a 3M product as well) and it really keeps the CF from getting rock chips.

I HAVE MY 2010 GT 500 IN HYDROCARBON OUTSIDE AND INSIDE. YOU LEY ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Super,

You have an AWESOME looking car! Love the grabber blue on white, also the wheels.

HAWKBARR

Another option is 3m di-noc. You can wrap just about anything with it and looks real good in person. Once I get my hands on enough I will post up pics of what it looks like.

• 3 years later...

Hi, Super GT500.

Can I ask you where did you get the calipers color done? Did you buy as that color from the SPP?

Or did you refinish the color? That's beautiful colors.

Jason C.

Archived