TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purchasing a second Mustang....what to do....

I have ordered a GT350 Kona Blue Coupe 525 supercharged, and want a convertible to complement it. I see that many here have more than one mustang (some lucky guys have more than two :shift: ). I am considering ordering a convertible now that I ordered the coupe.

Big decisions, and in the end, its my decision, but I'm curious to know where people fall on this.

The GT350 Kona Blue is a done deal (ordered). Now I want a vert. These are my convertible considerations: A Roush 5XR, a GT500 in Grabber Blue (concerns though that the Kona and Grabber may clash sitting next to each other. What do you think?), or another GT350 in a convertible, white, with blue stripe. I find all three attractive, but to be honest I do like the GT350 the best of the three. What would you guys do if you had the choice (maybe someone else is planning the same thing down the road???). Two GT350's, a GT350 and a GT500, or a GT 350 and a Roush 5XR. The Roush 5XR convertible also looks really sharp. Cost wise there is not a huge difference when all is said and done. The GT500 is probably the most expensive once you get into Nav and SVT and the recaro seats.

+1 350's all the way.....try to get sequential csm's for the smooth move and NEVER sell them....50 years from now someone will think you were very cool...happy%20feet.gif

Hell I'll be 97 in 50 years. If I can get behind a mustang at that age It'll be one hell of a feet. Look at the old snake him self.... never know, LOL.

Sounds like everyone is on the same page here. I'm definitely leaning in the direction of two 350's.

I would ask what you plan to do with them. Are you going to drive both of them? Track one or both?

GT350 coupe makes a GREAT track car and the GT500 makes a great drag car.

I see you live in WI. How many top down days do you get a year? There are problems with verts and tracks. If I had your money (:hysterical: ), I'd do a GT350 coupe, a GT500 coupe AND a V6 vert for cruising/daily driver - but thats just me.

I think your good no matter which you choose. Its like choosing between Megan Fox, Kate Beckinsale and Angelina Jolie. You really can't go wrong.

I would ask what you plan to do with them. Are you going to drive both of them? Track one or both?

GT350 coupe makes a GREAT track car and the GT500 makes a great drag car.

I see you live in WI. How many top down days do you get a year? There are problems with verts and tracks. If I had your money (:hysterical: ), I'd do a GT350 coupe, a GT500 coupe AND a V6 vert for cruising/daily driver - but thats just me.

I think your good no matter which you choose. Its like choosing between Megan Fox, Kate Beckinsale and Angelina Jolie. You really can't go wrong.

LOL. Well put.

The 350 vert is great, but it really comes down to two choices-

If you get a 2012 GT500 vert, you could have a better spectrum of Shelbys, and have some fun with that.

If you are in the mindset of a collector, getting an opposite color vert 350 with the very next CSM number to your coupe would be the way to go.

If you want to talk performance of the 350 vs the 500, I have to say the 350 really stands out 0-100, and on the track it is untouchable, but you have that covered in your coupe. If you compare prices, you can get in the 500 for about 57-60k, and if you go naturally aspirated on the 350 vert, you can look at about the same price, so there is no clear way to go, but I CAN tell you that the GT350 is going to be one rare build out there in the real world, and maybe I am biased for having a 350, but I had a 500 too, and still would get the 350.

The wait times are long, but worth every second of it.happy%20feet.gif

If you get a 2012 GT500 vert, you could have a better spectrum of Shelbys, and have some fun with that.

If you are in the mindset of a collector, getting an opposite color vert 350 with the very next CSM number to your coupe would be the way to go.

If you want to talk performance of the 350 vs the 500, I have to say the 350 really stands out 0-100, and on the track it is untouchable, but you have that covered in your coupe. If you compare prices, you can get in the 500 for about 57-60k, and if you go naturally aspirated on the 350 vert, you can look at about the same price, so there is no clear way to go, but I CAN tell you that the GT350 is going to be one rare build out there in the real world, and maybe I am biased for having a 350, but I had a 500 too, and still would get the 350.

The wait times are long, but worth every second of it.[img]http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/happy%20feet.gif[/img]

:banghead::rant2::shrug::baby:

:ninja:

The wait times are long, but worth every second of it.happy%20feet.gif

Well reasoned response. I am going to "enjoy" these cars, but they will be well kept, garaged, avoid inclement weather. I am thinking investment as well, so I think you are right that the 350 is the better way to go. I now need to decide if I really want to drop this much coin. I'll probably give in to my wants though. :shift:

This is a great problem to have! I had a boss 302 on order and let it go for the gt350 as I could not get them both. I look at the gt350 as a car I will never sell (unless I would have to for unforseen reasons) and it is a car I always wanted (1965 is the favorite). You are in a unique situation (at least I think so) to be able to obtain another mustang of your choosing. I am guessing many of us wish we could pull off what you are doing and the real answer I think is what do you really want? If you are able (and if you already have not done so) try and see if you can drive the other cars and that may help you decide. I had. 2010 roush hammer and these cars can be lethal if you are not really careful. The gt350 That I have now is just as quick (or close to it) but much more controlled in putting the power to the ground. In my case I had to choose between the boss which I already ordered or the opportunity to obtain a gt350 that was available. I thought of the scenario if both cars were in front of me and I had to choose which would it be? The gt350 was the answer for me and I have not looked back as this is what j really wanted and in my gut I knew the answer and followed that feeling. Good luck ith what ever you decide and remember these are good problems to have l.o.l

Archived