TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded in my SGT for a Roush....

mikewheels

I couldn't seem to ever come up with the money to SC my car the way it should be done correctly and I couldn't find a GT500 to buy that I wanted locally so when Tasca got in this 2010 Roush 540RH last week I traded in my 'vert for it. It's got the drivetrain a SGT should have come with imho. Not a Shelby but I'm more than happy with it. #33 of 58 built, one of 6 in blue. Runs 11.8@ 122 out of the box. :shift: Anybody looking for a 'vert go check out mine at Tasca. They can mod it for you and and off you go.happy%20feet.gif

roush540rh001.jpg

I couldn't seem to ever come up with the money to SC my car the way it should be done correctly and I couldn't find a GT500 to buy that I wanted locally so when Tasca got in this 2010 Roush 540RH last week I traded in my 'vert for it. It's got the drivetrain a SGT should have come with imho. Not a Shelby but I'm more than happy with it. #33 of 58 built, one of 6 in blue. Runs 11.8@ 122 out of the box. :shift: Anybody looking for a 'vert go check out mine at Tasca. They can mod it for you and and off you go.happy%20feet.gif

roush540rh001.jpg

As it would be said at the dinner table at vinnys down on mulberry st .As you get up from a nice meal you are greeted with a plastic bag over the head and a warm blanket :hysterical: I yell at you your dead to me !!! now die !! Thats my usual easter dinner with the family

roush540rh001.jpg

Do what the heart wants and saying that believe me I would love to get my hands on a kona blue GT500 with a nice fat black stripe down the middle.

Could have been worst.......................he could have traded for a Camaro......................congrats on the Roush!

I also thought about this too, however I decided to get my SC Package from SA. The SGT/SC is too nice of a car all around to give up, period. The SGT/SC is world renowned as a winner with very limited production for the SGT/SC.

Here is why I did it:

1) Under $15K for the SC package and other mods.

2) If I bought the Laguna Seca BOSS or high end Rousch or SMS or anything like that, here is what I figured; after my trade-in equity and an extra $5-8K down I was still financing around $30-$35K including tax and license. Almost 10% tax alone here where I live!!!

3) Finally I did not get the feeling I got when I first looked at the SGT on either the Rousch or Laguna Seca BOSS, nothing emotional.

4) Rousch, SMS Mustang and LC BOSS are all extremely awesome cars.

Good Luck!

Swede

Congrats on a nice new Roush. My friend is an engineer there and he desigend the bigger style coolant tank that VMP and others are selling. I believe your cars comes with the bigger stock tank ; does it not ? Anyway, I have always liked the Roush cars and being 1 of 6 is a nice stat also to have.

Enjoy your new ride and more pictures please !!! :camera:

Scotty :peelout::peelout::peelout:

:drop: Wow! Not sure why I felt like I got kicked it the nuts :shrug: But to eaches own I guess. I would never trade my vert for a stang that is not (trying to be nice) as visually appealing :club: . Good luck with your new car any hoo and make sure they find your ex vert a nice warm garage.

1999 called.. they want their rims back.

:hysterical:

I'm sorry.. car looks great, and I understand some of your reasoning, but those rims look like they're from an old V6 Mustang. :doh:

Other than that, nice color!

I like the wheels honestly

I have nothing but praise for the 540RH- to bad you couldn't keep both-

The suspension and tires work great together for a very comfortable ride while being track worthy.

It was a blast to jump out of my SGT (w/Griggs & Track tires) then into the hammer to compare the suspensions and tire grip. Keep in mind the RH is under rated, most dyno out in the range of 506hp/508hp.

Here is my Hammer expierance- MCA Track Day_ Pacific Raceway

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/road-course-racing-track-days-drag-meets/54627-mca-roush-road-crew-track-day_-pacific-raceway.html

Enjoy the new ride, maybe Diane and I will catch up with you in Sturgis this coming September for the Roush Road Crew event.

=-===-=-=-=-=-=--

Very nice, I think Roush did a much better job on the 2010+ stangs, prior to that they had to many spoilers and plastic parts IMO.

+1, I remember at last summer's Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup, The Roush Club of America or something like that, sponsored it and had bunch of their '10's there running in between classes for the auto-cross. When I saw them lining up I was like, big deal... those Roush's never impressed me... then they ran. EVERYONE'S heads turned when they realized how much better the '10 Roush's were. It was a pleasure to watch em run all day. I was very impressed. I still prefer the Shelby designs and Heritage, but those Roush's are something else!

Very nice car man! I bet it rides a hell of a lot nicer than the SGT too, huh?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived