TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whipple Lethal intercooler tank

I seen one where you can place it where the battery is.

I've got a battery box mounted tank and really like it, but for guys that don't want the hassle of moving the battery to the trunk, the Lethal tank is a great option.

Sorry I don't have measurements, but I do know it more than doubles capacity over the stock Whipple tank. Good luck man

I've got one of the oversized tanks, but my car is in the shop right now getting a trans cooler installed. I should be able to get the measurements in a day or two for you.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks, I have a Moroso coolant tank that replaced the stock one, and I am currently running a Canton intercooler tank for a GT500 but it doesn't fit quite right so i am either going to have a custom unit made like I want it or go with the Lethal unit. I would prefer the lethal unit as I can order it and be done with it.

Todd

Dan,

Thanks, I have a Moroso coolant tank that replaced the stock one, and I am currently running a Canton intercooler tank for a GT500 but it doesn't fit quite right so i am either going to have a custom unit made like I want it or go with the Lethal unit. I would prefer the lethal unit as I can order it and be done with it.

Todd

Todd,

The Lethal tank fits perfectly and best of all no hoses need to be changed. I'll get the measurements to you no later than Tuesday.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch...banghead.gif 08 whipples come with a stock type air cleaner. I have called whipple before and asked about a cold air intake and they told me I don't really need it and it will not effect my performance. Well the reason I'm posting all this is if you look at the last line of the description of the whipple tank, it says only for 05-07. The tank will not fit with the 08 air filter. I have the tank now. It's really nice. But I'm guessing the only way it's going to fit is if I get the CAI kit. Any one else with an 08 run into this? Will the CAI for the 08 allow the lethal tank to fit?

I've got a battery box mounted tank and really like it, but for guys that don't want the hassle of moving the battery to the trunk, the Lethal tank is a great option.

Sorry I don't have measurements, but I do know it more than doubles capacity over the stock Whipple tank. Good luck man

The hassle should be worth a it bigger tank means more ice and coolant means cooler runs. I have a habit of supersizing everything my truck needed a radiator so from a 1 core. I went to a 4 core that one time wasn't a smart move the truck ran to cool in the cold and had completely cover my radiator to get some heat and still only hit 160 temp. Live and learn.

The hassle should be worth a it bigger tank means more ice and coolant means cooler runs. I have a habit of supersizing everything my truck needed a radiator so from a 1 core. I went to a 4 core that one time wasn't a smart move the truck ran to cool in the cold and had completely cover my radiator to get some heat and still only hit 160 temp. Live and learn.

I won't post this 3 times racer (just kidding), BUT, it's more likely a thermostat issue than a too large radiator issue if it won't get warm enough for you... the radiator does nothing till the thermostat lets the water circulate.

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is quite a few years old but can someone post a picture of the Lethal tank installed or if anyone has a line on a used one as I have the deep draw hood and I am looking for a direct replacement for the plastic tank in the stock location,

Thanks in advance.

It's hard to see in my sig pick, but I have what you described above. The lethal tank had to be modified a bit by removing the mounting flange for the fender. When I added the hood struts for the deep draw hood, the two parts hit. When you add a mod to a mod, sometimes you have to mod one of the mods. Makes sense???lol

I'll see if I can find a better pic when I get home.

Dan

It's hard to see in my sig pick, but I have what you described above. The lethal tank had to be modified a bit by removing the mounting flange for the fender. When I added the hood struts for the deep draw hood, the two parts hit. When you add a mod to a mod, sometimes you have to mod one of the mods. Makes sense???lol

I'll see if I can find a better pic when I get home.

Dan

Hello Dan, thank you I see it now ... I thought the lethal tank was a direct replacement for the tank in the stock location and at the stock size, thank you for the clarification, I have the other tank but couldnt seem to make it work as you have ... do you have any tips? Also I may just look at having a custom replacement made if one is not available but I would like to have a stock plastic one to use as an example, do you have the stock one I can buy or borrow?

Archived