TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'10 - '12 H.I.D. Headlamp Question

BIKEBOY

Can anyone say with certainty that you could replace the HID's with 'regular' lamps on one of the new cars? If I get a chance to do a donor that's already floating out there...HID's are a deal breaker for me. Unless.............? I know the wiring to do it the other way is troublesome. Just wonder if the relays and such for the HID's could handle regular lamps? I'm quite certain I could sell the HID's on Ebay to some younger individual.

Any help on this techy question would be very helpful right about now. Thanks!

BB

Lol!!!!

OK, right. You know, I am old, don't forget. I was drawn to the S197 cars from the very beginning when they were introduced, and was a very big believer that the 6 cylinder car's grille (05) should have been the GT's grille. I also was very perplexed why they did not paint the headlamp surround 'behind' the clear lens, body color? Next time you see an '05 - 09 sixer without the pony pkg. grille coming at you down the road, (especially the black) or a dark color, (headlamps then blend in) ask yourself if that doesn't really look like a '67-'68 car coming down the road?...if not for just a split second?

I think Ford had the right idea with the retro look on the early cars, then they strayed in '08 with that car's version of HID. :headscratch: Reminds me of a candle standing up in front of the headlamp? IMHO, looks so out of place on those cars. Once again ruined the 'look' of the retro attempt from the get.

Now....the 'regular' non-HID lamps look like 1970 again! :drool: Then they come up with this latest HID conversion. ???????????????????Looks like a tuner, if you ask me. It does not belong on the Mustang. If you think I'm crazy, then why is it that ALL of the media cars from SAI have regular lamps on them for show?

Sorry , but you asked.

Chris

Lol!!!!

OK, right. You know, I am old, don't forget. I was drawn to the S197 cars from the very beginning when they were introduced, and was a very big believer that the 6 cylinder car's grille (05) should have been the GT's grille. I also was very perplexed why they did not paint the headlamp surround 'behind' the clear lens, body color? Next time you see an '05 - 09 sixer without the pony pkg. grille coming at you down the road, (especially the black) or a dark color, (headlamps then blend in) ask yourself if that doesn't really look like a '67-'68 car coming down the road?...if not for just a split second?

I think Ford had the right idea with the retro look on the early cars, then they strayed in '08 with that car's version of HID. :headscratch: Reminds me of a candle standing up in front of the headlamp? IMHO, looks so out of place on those cars. Once again ruined the 'look' of the retro attempt from the get.

Now....the 'regular' non-HID lamps look like 1970 again! :drool: Then they come up with this latest HID conversion. ???????????????????Looks like a tuner, if you ask me. It does not belong on the Mustang. If you think I'm crazy, then why is it that ALL of the media cars from SAI have regular lamps on them for show?

Sorry , but you asked.

Chris

That's cool... and I meant I needed coffee... my posts rarely make sense before my second mug-a-joe.

To each his own. I know the new HID's are different, but I like em ok. But I hear what you're saying.

The HID's may not look the best, but the difference in night driving more than makes up for the looks in my opinion.

Think of it this way; The old '67 wood Shelby steering wheel looks pretty good, but I wouldn't trade out my airbag wheel for one. Its a safety issue.

The HID's may not look the best, but the difference in night driving more than makes up for the looks in my opinion.

Think of it this way; The old '67 wood Shelby steering wheel looks pretty good, but I wouldn't trade out my airbag wheel for one. Its a safety issue.

I'd rather drive down the road with ten flashlights duct taped to my front bumper cover than have those HID-eous lamps!!! :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha +1

Archived