TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Phil Long Ford Fest June 26th 2011

JeffJ

Our first official Mountain Region event will be held June 26th at Bandimere Speedway, Denver, CO. This will be held in conjunction with the Phil Long Ford Fest. We will have a Shelby Only Drag class and much more space for show vehicles. We will have show classes for both Shelby GT's and GT500's. There wil also be classes for early Shelbys. This will be a great time for racing, showing, and just having a great time hanging out. You of course do not have to race to show. I'm working to have some Mountain Region gear (shirts, hats, etc.) available also. Please mark the date!

More info here:

http://bandimere.com/events/day_detail.php?dayID=426&dTargetDate=06/01/2011

TS-M-Rsmall.jpg

Also, if anybody who wants to go and drag race, that hasn't before, feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help out in any way. Basic instruction or what ever. Also, the Denver Mustang Club, which I've been a member of for over 20 years, is a club that participates in the Bandimere Club Clash Series. These are held on Friday nights with the below dates. I believe that I'll be at all of them this year. No need to be a member, you can come on up and run with us any time if you want practice or just a great time.

May 6th

May 27th

June 10th

July 29th

August 12th

September 9th

September 23rd

Bandimere Club Clash

• 1 month later...

Big news coming from Ford here soon on this event. Great that we are getting in on the action this year as this event is about to become something much more................. :happy feet:

Well that was a nice little tease Jeff! What's the scoop bruther? Will we be seeing some CJ's or something?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I now have the news! I've been on the phone with Bandimere Speedway a few times this morning. I will be starting another topic once the announcements are official by the organizations involved. However for now I'll say that this event this year will only be one day, but next year this will be a two day+ event. This event now will carry big sponsor ship from Ford, Roush Yates, JE Pistons and others. There will be big money classes for the fastest Shelby, Lightning, etc. We are working on how this will work rules wise. More news in the next couple days once the lead company makes the announcement on what this is all about. This big nation wide news involving tracks across the country. The June 26 event will be the first of nation wide events. I'm guessing that it's going to be tough for some, with the short notice, but there will be quite a few cars from many other states. The winnings will be pretty large. I'm excited, but can only say so much for now.

Archived