TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Top Nationals becomes a Official Team Shelby Event!!

frydguy79

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife and I may be interested in going with our 2008 SGT. It would be Friday late afternoon, and Saturday. The 7:00 Saturday cruise looks fun. The car show appears to be 10:00 a.m. to 10:00p.m . Seems like a long time to hang around the car. Did anyone go last year? Did you show your cars? Did you stay the whole time frame, or was it more like a show and shine? It would be nice to hear from all that are thinking about going. That is a nice time of the year. Thanks for organizing frydguy53.

I plan on going this year, and I attended last year. It is a work in progress, but I think it will be a great event. I am taking my 2011 GT 500 and the 2009 Terlingua as well as my 1970 GT350. The organizers are interested in showcasing the Shelby's if there is enough of us interested in bringing them to the event.

I plan on arriving on Wednesday evening, as they are starting to arrange vehicles on Thursday morning.

Let's show them what Shelby looks like in MASS!

See ya there!

Hey 1970shelbygt350, you have some really nice cars. I can't wait to see a new 2011 GT350 on the road. And your 70' is actually what I think is the best looking of all the Shelby's. How you getting all three cars to the show? Will they let you leave the show for the Friday night cruise? Do they set the cars up by first come first serve, or do they have a set area for the Shelby's? Will they let you do just Saturdays show? We are going to plan on going , but can only spend Friday evening, and Saturday. . It would be great to be a part of it, and meet some Regional Team Shelby members.

Hey 1970shelbygt350, you have some really nice cars. I can't wait to see a new 2011 GT350 on the road. And your 70' is actually what I think is the best looking of all the Shelby's. How you getting all three cars to the show? Will they let you leave the show for the Friday night cruise? Do they set the cars up by first come first serve, or do they have a set area for the Shelby's? Will they let you do just Saturdays show? We are going to plan on going , but can only spend Friday evening, and Saturday. . It would be great to be a part of it, and meet some Regional Team Shelby members.

I will trailer the '70 and the Terlingua and have someone drive the GT500., or for grins I might see if I can just drive all three!

Their format is pretty loose. They do let you take the cars out at night, cruising or just trailering them in the area. I was saddened to hear that the City of Wichita was not allowing for burnouts on the cruise, so i guess they decided to not have a true Douglas cruise this year. But I won't be surprised to see all of the fabulous cars down in Old Town cruising anyway. But the Park City cruise will have over 300 cars.

Bring chairs and PLENTY of water. It gets HOT down at Century II sitting in the sun.

If we can get everyone to start committing they will give the Shelby's premium parking...and it's partially SHADED! Right in front of Century II!

Park City will be host to the Cruise Night and Burnout held on Saturday, August 27th beginning at 7pm. The cruise will take place at the intersection of 61st & Hydraulic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure can understand why the city would not want cars to burn out during a cruise.

I am starting to plan on being there for all day Saturday. I will let you know when committed.. Hope to park with other Northern Plains TSM if possible. Keep us updated.

Thinking of going, but alot going on this time of year. Have already committed to two shows earlier in August. However, my sister and BIL live in Wichita so it is a little hard to pass up.

Will there be a separate area for Shelby's to park? Would I have a place to set up my sunshade? That time of year in Wichita can be a cooker!

Would like to know more before I commit.

Regards,

Rick T

Thinking of going, but alot going on this time of year. Have already committed to two shows earlier in August. However, my sister and BIL live in Wichita so it is a little hard to pass up.

Will there be a separate area for Shelby's to park? Would I have a place to set up my sunshade? That time of year in Wichita can be a cooker!

Would like to know more before I commit.

Regards,

Rick T

they are supposed to have a mustang and shelby area for us,, i will be visiting with them more as to the location,, yes there will be room for sunshades

last year was hot but it was not too bad

Archived