TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Map Light Accent Trim

most have left them off. DO NOT push to hard, if you do, you will break the tabs that hold the buttons. Then its time to buy a new map light assy.

Grabber posted a nice thread on how to install them. I will see if I can find it.

Chris

Why do the map light buttons seem not to be big enough?

What is the trick to make them fit????

When I installed mine, I removed the map light assembly (IIRC it's held in with spring clips) popped out the plastic buttons and laid them on the bench and tapped the metal covers on with a plastic hammer

I pushed too hard and busted my buttons into the housing. Once I got the nerve to remove the whole thing, however, I found that it was not really broken and was easily fixed. I second removing the whole thing to do the assembly. On the downside, though, the main piece was so poorly made that I had to massage it a bit to get it to fit. Then a bit more, and a bit more... The more I messed with it, the more I realized that it was just a crappy fit to begin with. After hours and much adult language, I returned it to where I purchased it. I would still really like to have the part in my car, but it wasn't worth the trouble of the part that I had. That was a few years ago. Maybe they're better now? Maybe they've got that new fit perfected? If so, post it! Maybe I'll try again?

Archived