TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford approved new trany

2011 P8J

Sorry to bring up such a tired topic but thought I would share with everyone my trans story.

So like everyone else (not everyone but you get the idea) the 1-2 shift in my 2011 was no bueno. Took it into local dealer with 2959 miles. The tech ordered the parts (new sycros gears etc) without tearing into the trans. He then descided to quit leaving my car to sit for 2 weeks while the dealer hired a new tech. The new tech tears down the trans to see what is up. This is what the bottom line was from Ford and what is on my service invoice: "Was told to tear down trans for inspection of gears and syncros, upon tear down found to have metal in syncros, damage to 1,2, gears, input and counter shaft and all bearings, reverse and sixth gear, called hot line with diagnosis, was told to perform electronic cost CAP, exceed CAP and reply was replacement of unit."

I took them 4 quarts of Mobile1 ATF, a MGW shifter and DDS aluminum DS which they installed. Its hard to know how much this helped but all I can say is how much better it is! It shifts like it should have from the factory. Sucks that they had the car for a month but getting a shifter and DS installed for free helps make up for it.

I know many 2010-2011 owners out there are having similar trany problems and knowing your car could be at the dealer getting fixed for several weeks sucks but take it in. Im sure Ford will start to get the picture when they start replacing these 6060's right and left!

Hope this helps anyone else going through a similar situation,

Dan

"Sucks that they had the car for a month..." - 2011 P8J

"Glad your situation was resolved swiftly!" - JWG223

I don't follow...

Read a few more posts. One month is lightning fast for fixing this failure in the GT500 based on the other member's experiences here.

Sorry to bring up such a tired topic but thought I would share with everyone my trans story.

So like everyone else (not everyone but you get the idea) the 1-2 shift in my 2011 was no bueno. Took it into local dealer with 2959 miles. The tech ordered the parts (new sycros gears etc) without tearing into the trans. He then descided to quit leaving my car to sit for 2 weeks while the dealer hired a new tech. The new tech tears down the trans to see what is up. This is what the bottom line was from Ford and what is on my service invoice: "Was told to tear down trans for inspection of gears and syncros, upon tear down found to have metal in syncros, damage to 1,2, gears, input and counter shaft and all bearings, reverse and sixth gear, called hot line with diagnosis, was told to perform electronic cost CAP, exceed CAP and reply was replacement of unit."

I took them 4 quarts of Mobile1 ATF, a MGW shifter and DDS aluminum DS which they installed. Its hard to know how much this helped but all I can say is how much better it is! It shifts like it should have from the factory. Sucks that they had the car for a month but getting a shifter and DS installed for free helps make up for it.

I know many 2010-2011 owners out there are having similar trany problems and knowing your car could be at the dealer getting fixed for several weeks sucks but take it in. Im sure Ford will start to get the picture when they start replacing these 6060's right and left!

Dan

Where did you take it?

Sucks that this is an issue for some of us but it is not a perfect world. In the grand scheme its not that big a deal. This car is so awesome in just about every aspect (I know this opens up a whole other can of worms but can anyone really think of another automobile with a back seat and for the cost that performs as good?) and I am very satisfied even though I had to get the trans replaced. Give Ford a chance to do the right thing and I think they will.

Now that I have this issue fixed, let the mods begin!!!!!

Dan

Glad to hear your problem was taken care of sad they had your car for a month for something that should never happen. At least you had yor problem fixed the dealer I bought my Shelby from tells me I don't have a problem with my 1-2 shift. Of course when I go above 3k and try to speed shift it won't go in gear and just rakes the gears which really upsets me. My dealer (Dunn/Bension ford in Dunn NC) tells me it is my problem and they can't find anything wrong. I have email Ford customer service, no reply. I don't know what to do at this point except keep my rpm down and granny shift, not what a Shelby was designed to do. :rant2:

GF

Archived