TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone installed a nav system in 07 ?

Does your car have Shaker 500 or 1000?

Installing in a S500 car is plug n play except programming the nav unit. Installing in a S1000 car requires some custom wiring to get the sub amps to work.

I have a job one car that was dealer upgraded to nav after my s1000 order was cancelled by the factory due to lack of parts at the time.

Please post back when you finalize your installation. I too have an 07, and I was able to add the shaker 1000 without issue. I was told that there was a change mid stream that allowed for the NAV to work, but it would depend on build date.

I have an 2008 GT500 build date 11/07 I have NAV but also want shaker 1000. Can someone tell me the part numbers I would need to order to make my car one . Also want to kep my NAV what would i need to do ?

thank you superhero.gif

Does your car have Shaker 500 or 1000?

Installing in a S500 car is plug n play except programming the nav unit. Installing in a S1000 car requires some custom wiring to get the sub amps to work.

I have a job one car that was dealer upgraded to nav after my s1000 order was cancelled by the factory due to lack of parts at the time.

I've put Pioneer Navs in both my past GT's (05 and 07). They were a piece of cake to install. Mounted the new antenna under the trunk lid between the top and the inside cross member. You can't even tell it's there and I've never had any reception issues. My XM antenna is in there too... no issues with that either.

Currently have the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT and I love it. It has Pandora, XM, HD radio, Bluetooth, Iphone, DVD, SD Card, USB... you name it. The 7" screen is right about the same size at the OEM one I think. And it made the Shaker 500 sound MANY times better! I think the Z120's can be had fro around $800 new now if you shop around. Plus some install accessories and whatnot. Try 6ave.com if you're interested.

What would that $1,609 cost be for a non employee +20%

I'm Not a dealer, just have a VERY good relationship with my local guy. 20% is probably what they give. I just wanted to stay with factory unit even knowing there is a pretty hefty price diff. You might try" Five O Brien" here on TS, he is well known to give good pricing on parts and cars. He is in the northwest I believe.

Aren't you the same guy that did my 2010 shifter ? let me know the part numbers as I want to add the shaker 1000 to my car two. I think there is some wire harness as well. I looked in my trunk and it doesn't have the ones it shows in the ford assembly book I have . ok let me know might need your help if i order the same setup.

Jason superhero.gif

I have a factory system on order, will let you know on install. Car is in storage , might be a few weeks yet.

Doing good my friend! Awesome! nice to hear from you again. The shifter is good no problems at all. I put lock tight and its perfect. Even after I had the TSB done ford fixed it for me. So please let me know all the part numbers I need. I really want to add all factory parts to my GT500. I hope I can get the NAV to work with the Shaker 1000. I am sure it can be done.

please keep me posted my friend happy%20feet.gif

Hey Jason, how is it out there in sunny Ca..........Winter S____!:banghead::rant2:. I should have it next week.

I'm Not a dealer, just have a VERY good relationship with my local guy. 20% is probably what they give. I just wanted to stay with factory unit even knowing there is a pretty hefty price diff. You might try" Five O Brien" here on TS, he is well known to give good pricing on parts and cars. He is in the northwest I believe.

I agree I want to stay with factory unit regardless of price as well. I am in Southern California

I just added a factory NAV system to my '09. The unit fits 07-09 models and was plug and play. I purchased it off eBay for $549 from Saleen, a new take off.

I had the Shaker 500 setup, the NAV setup sounds weak compared to the Shaker.

I just added a factory NAV system to my '09. The unit fits 07-09 models and was plug and play. I purchased it off eBay for $549 from Saleen, a new take off.

Sounds pretty easy, where did you mount your antenna? Did you have to remove console ?

Thx.

I have an 2008 GT500 build date 11/07 I have NAV but also want shaker 1000. Can someone tell me the part numbers I would need to order to make my car one . Also want to kep my NAV what would i need to do ?

thank you superhero.gif

FYI The NAV system doesn't not support the shaker 1000 and will not turn on the rear amps. It's one or the other.

Sounds like the connections to drive the FRONT sub amps are not working for you. The Nav unit may be incorrectly configured for your car. When I replaced the S500 unit with nav, the sound was MUCH improved.

The nav will not drive the rear s1000 amps directly using the factory wiring harness but it is possible to use the front sub outputs to drive both with a bit of wiring.

I picked up the same deal from Saleen as jcthorne but got lucky and paid a little less for mine.

Install on the 08 was a breeze. It hooked right up with the Shaker 500 and actually sounds much better than the original stock unit. If you are not aware the NAV units are made by Pioneer. I put the NAV antenna on the duct work just ahead of the glove box and reception is fine. Everything else was plug and play.

Mine did require programming at the dealer to work properly but that only took their technician about 15 minutes. No issues at all and perfect factory match.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed my Nav unit today. Here are a few thoughts on it. Total install including reading the shop manual took about 2 hours. My unit came already programmed for my 07 job 2 car, and included the map DVD and antenna. It was completely straightforward. remove the stock unit and replace with the Nav. I placed the antenna to the left of the center stack behind a large wire harness that runs along just below the dash pad. i simply put it under the harness and put a piece of duct tape to insure it stays. The most "Difficult" part of the install was figuring out how to unhook the various wire harness, other than that no problem. The sound volume and quality is clearly superior to the stock Shaker 500 . Just a note if you are following a shop manual you DO NOT need to remove console, only the top part of the console unit . In addition I removed my shifter at the bolts just for more access. All in all a very satisfying mod ! My thanks also to some of the suggestions in this thread......This is great club !happy%20feet.gif

Archived