TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So you think you have an order???

speco2005

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 4 2006, 03:32 PM) 6971[/snapback]

I don't know how much the tools cost (that's a service issue and I work on the sales side of things). But, I do believe that Ford is charging $1,500 per year to sell GT500's, not just $1,500 total. Not that an extra $1,500 breaks the bank or anything. Actually, none of the expenses will break the bank for the dealer. We just want to make a decent profit on these cars and I offer no excuses or apologies for our pricing. $10K over at our dealership was offered to us by several customers, so that's the market price that we agreed to for all of our 2007 GT500's. We have 5 on order at that price, with 9 more customers willing to pay that if any of the first 5 cancel or more cars become available. I would suspect that by 2008 pricing will be very different as supply and demand line up better. We have 33 more customers on our list willing to wait until they can get one at MSRP and I hope that we can someday accomodate them, too.

To the other dealers here using the $1500 fee and tools as an excuse to charge over MSRP: please get real. The business plan from Ford on GT500's is allowing money to be made at MSRP accounting for these expenses. It may not be a lot of profit at MSRP after deducting those expenses, but it sure beats selling Taurus's and Focus's at a loss all day long.

Five Oh B,

I like you! You have been one of the most honest dealers who puts his money where his mouth is & You tell it like it is! I respect that. You provide actual facts & correct ones that others get wrong(including myself). I don't mind that your charging more than MSRP because you told us when it did happen at your dealership even though you hoped it wouldn't.

Hell, Your even a pretty good Comedian. Keep up the good work!

You CAN order, but dealers do not know pricing yet. Dealers are having to pay $1,500 for ceritification AND buy a tool kit. SO if a dealer is selling at MSRP or less he just moving iron. YOu guys that ordered at MSRP don't realize how good of deal you got. Markup should be around $2,500-$3,000, hold back of another $1,000--dealer pays fees and tools that will add up to $2,000 to $3,000--you do the math. If he gets only one--that leaves him with about $1,000 for his $40+K investment not including him Multi million $$ in his dealership. Pay a saleman and it ain't worth it to sell at msrp or less.

sold one for $,5000 over and taking offers for our only other Shelby.

bud

bud@fishervincentford.com

Texas

So your a dealer and you know you are getting 2. As I understand it the allotments isnt out yet.Then someone somewhere is LYING. Ford? You? The 6 dealers I listed? Sorry you had to be the messenger that gets shot at in all this but it just backs up how many in the American public feel about car dealers and companies.

Even though exact allocations haven't been released, Ford did release information to dealers some time back that laid out some guidelines. I'll not go into detail here because it's been discussed too many times already. It was a e-mail from Darryl Hazel. Based on this letter, dealers can pretty well figure out the minimum number of cars they will receive.

Five Oh,

I was wondering about Ford's allocation process. All things being equal between 2 different dealers (say both non-SVT, President's Award winners), and both dealers have an order for the same vehicle with the same options, the only difference being that one has a customer name on the order and the other does not, which order do you think would get pulled first?

I guess what I'm getting at is, will Ford build vehicles for dealer inventory before those ordered for a specific customer? I realize the GT500 is in much more limited production than the base GT, so assume both dealers are working with their first allotted vehicle.

Also, could a dealer just put some name on the order to make it look like it's ordered for a customer?

Just curious, so if you don't feel comfortable answering, I'll understand.

So your a dealer and you know you are getting 2. As I understand it the allotments isnt out yet.Then someone somewhere is LYING. Ford? You? The 6 dealers I listed? Sorry you had to be the messenger that gets shot at in all this but it just backs up how many in the American public feel about car dealers and companies.

WILL YOU STOP WITH THE "LYING " STUFF AND GROW UP!

Technically, nobody is lying. As much as I hate it, it comes down to semantics.

Any dealership owner who cares about their busness knows the minimum number of GT500s they will be alloted. Five Oh knows that the dealership he works at will be getting at least 3, possibly 4 (1 for being a Ford Dealer, 2 for being a full line SVT Dealer, the fourth if they are - and I assume they are - a President's Award Winner). They could get more, but don't know yet. As he said, it depends on the number of dealers who elect to get qualified to sell and service GT500s. Once the announced allotment number is established, the remainder get alloted based on the national share of sales, or whatever it's called.

So, here is where technically nobody is lying. Someone at the dealerships you've contacted knows the minimum number of GT500s they expect, but they don't know the maximum. So they can honestly say that the final allotment numbers aren't out yet. Some dealers appear to be placing orders for the minimum allotment they will receive, while others are waiting to find out exactly how many they will be getting.

The sales people can only go by what their boss told them. Don't expect them to know the whole story. Heck, I'm only going by what has been released on this site (and some others), so I don't "know" that I'm right. All I have to go by is my own situation, and the information seems to mesh well with what I've seen.

Now I have an order placed (actually two, but that's been covered), but someone could argue that I don't. I chose my options at the dealership, and that info was put into the CONCEP program (or whatever the program is called). I received copies of a document that shows Ford received that order(s). However, no price, build date, or VIN has been determined. You could argue either way as to whether I have an official order in yet, or not.

That's what I meant about semantics. I seriously doubt that anyone is lying. At least not intentionally.

I suggest you print out the DORAs I posted and take them to one of those dealerships. One even shows an order placed that is over the dealer's allotment. Print out this thread, too, and highlight the pertinent parts for the Sales Manager to read. They might say these aren't real orders, but at least you'll get their true perspective.

Oh, and to paraphrase what svtbird said, take a deep breath and lighten up a little. The world isn't out to get you. Maybe trying not to sound so confrontational might be a good start.

Five Oh,

I was wondering about Ford's allocation process. All things being equal between 2 different dealers (say both non-SVT, President's Award winners), and both dealers have an order for the same vehicle with the same options, the only difference being that one has a customer name on the order and the other does not, which order do you think would get pulled first?

I guess what I'm getting at is, will Ford build vehicles for dealer inventory before those ordered for a specific customer? I realize the GT500 is in much more limited production than the base GT, so assume both dealers are working with their first allotted vehicle.

Also, could a dealer just put some name on the order to make it look like it's ordered for a customer?

I will answer this if you don't mind.

Allocation works like this.

Assume that Ford can build 100 Cars this week.

They will distribute the cars between the regions based on that regions particular sales. Select Dealers (smaller dealerships) are grouped together as are all Fleet Sales.

For this example Lets assume that there are Four regions. If each region sold the same number of cars thru a certain time period then they will all get an equal number of cars. However lets assume that region 1 sells 50% of the Mustangs built. Then their allocation would be 50 of the hundred Mustangs built.

Now lets focus on that region. Each region has Zones in them. If we assume that region 1 has five zones (a,b,c,d,e) then the cars will be distributed to the zones based on each zones portion of the sales. So lets assume that zone "a" sells 20% of the Mustangs sold in the Zone. That zone will get ten of the Mustangs allocated for that region. If you are the top selling dealer in that zone then you will get a car first. Lets say that "XYZ" Ford is the top Mustang selling dealer by selling 50% of the Zones Mustangs. Then given the Ten cars the Zone gets he will be allocated 5 of the cars built that week.

Now since the GT500 will likely have a hand built engine (versus mass produced) the limiting factor is how many Engines are available in any given week. So lets say that of the 100 cars to be built that week there are enough engines to build five GT500. Run the numbers thru the allocation program and you will find the top Mustang selling dealer is likely to get at least one of the Five.

The allocation numbers will be affected by:

How many GT500 the dealership has already recieved.

The priority code assigned by the dealer.

any limitations due to supplier shortages, or plant limitations that are on the order.

So you see despite the fact that many people feel that the allocation process is arbitrary or is biased against certain dealers Ford feels that the allocation process increases the availability of cars to dealerships that not only sell GT500, but also pull thier weight by selling V6, and GT Mustangs. So which dealership will get the first car? Most likely Galpin (in CA) or one of the larger dealers. Now assume that a dealerhip in MI gets a car built later than the first car. Since the car is traveling a shorter distance he may get the car first. But the Allocation woud assign the first car the the number 1 Mustang dealer in the country.

Note: I do not know if that would be Galpin, but I know they will be in the Running since CA accounts for so many car sales, as well as Mustang sales. One more thing. The allocation is based on model sales. So it counts to sell Mustangs, if you sell a lot of Rangers it will not affect how many of the GT500 you will get.

Also Fleets are not alllowed to order the GT500, so that is one region that you do not need to worry about.

Since the select Dealerships (Smaller dealerships) are grouped together then some of the smaller guys will get some of the early cars also. So if you ordered from a select dealer. Drop in and buy another 10 or so Mustangs to increases his odds in the allocation pool (Just kidding)

Retail (pre sold) orders will be pulled ahead of inventory as long as allocation and priority codes correspond.

So the question about one dealers inventory versus another dealers order depends on how the dealerships fall into allocation versus the priority code. However the prioroty code will matter for that particular dealership, but it does not translate into something you can compare between the two.

Thanks. I think I get it. You answered my next questiond already, which was how did the small dealership, in rural PA, that I ordered a GT500 through wind up with the second 2005 GT off the line? I guess they were part of the Select Dealership.

They said they didn't realize what they had until after it was sold. Some collector tracked the VIN and called them a few days later.

Thanks. I think I get it. You answered my next questiond already, which was how did the small dealership, in rural PA, that I ordered a GT500 through wind up with the second 2005 GT off the line? I guess they were part of the Select Dealership.

They said they didn't realize what they had until after it was sold. Some collector tracked the VIN and called them a few days later.

I have placed my order (#1 on list) with a small dealer, he stated he is a "SELECT" dealer. Could you help clarify what is a "select" dealer, and should that help him get at least one shelby (mine)

I think PlatinumLion explained it best here:

Since the select Dealerships (Smaller dealerships) are grouped together then some of the smaller guys will get some of the early cars also. So if you ordered from a select dealer. Drop in and buy another 10 or so Mustangs to increases his odds in the allocation pool (Just kidding)

I have placed my order (#1 on list) with a small dealer, he stated he is a "SELECT" dealer. Could you help clarify what is a "select" dealer, and should that help him get at least one shelby (mine)

The real distinction is whether or not a Ford Sales Rep. calls on him. Select dealers do not sell enough cars to warrant sending a sales rep to call on the dealership. (typically the Ford representative will visit the dealer to 'sell the cars' - allocate the vehicles.) These are referred to as contact dealers, since they have contact from the company. Select dealers do not have contact, so they will be classified as non contact or select. I am sure that the number of vehciles sold, as well as the location of the dealership comes into play, however I could not tell you what the true basis for contact and select are.

A dealership status of being select does not mean he is priveleged, or unique (that is what the Presidents Award is) only that he is not directly sold cars by a factory sales rep. Picture it like this. You can shop at a Sears store in large cities, but if you live in a smalll city you will most likely need to order the car from a catalog (the internet). The select dealer can order what ever he needs, while the brick and mortar store will stock an inventory. Most select stores do stock an inventory, but they are not under the pressure to carry large volumes of vehicles.

If your select dealer sells a lot of Mustangs (compared to other select dealers) then it will help him get your car due to the fact that he is closer to the front of the line (of select dealers). See earlier lengthy post on Allocation.

Hope that helps.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 4 2006, 03:17 PM) 6978[/snapback]

There's dealers out there with indoor plumbing? We're in a sleepy little farming community and there's this stream that runs past out behind the showroom..........

Five oh B-Do you by chance have the email address of the salesman from Currie Ford in Florida? His name was Kevin and I have been unable to find his reply on the website. I read it a couple of days ago and now I can't find it. Thanks for you help. Howard.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 4 2006, 03:17 PM) 6978[/snapback]

There's dealers out there with indoor plumbing? We're in a sleepy little farming community and there's this stream that runs past out behind the showroom..........

Five oh B-Do you by chance have the email address of the salesman from Currie Ford in Florida? His name was Kevin and I have been unable to find his reply on the website. I read it a couple of days ago and now I can't find it. Thanks for you help. Howard.

Hello All,

New to the "GT500 Gathering Place" and am loving every minute of it. Thanks to all of you with the insight on the '07 Shelby.

I live in San Diego, CA and wanted to report that many dealers in this area are being as vague as in other parts of the nation. Many reporting "waiting lists" as long as 130 people...for four GT500s.

After paying a premium, I have ordered my '07 :D . I have recieved a vehicle order number, with the dealer stating that they are awaiting a "acknowledgement from the factory". Is this the DORA form that everyone has been discussing or is the order number that the dealer mentioned the DORA number?

Also, the dealer is located in Michigan. Trying to find someone willing deliver the vehicle to San Diego...only if they agree not to drive it over 55mph. LOL

Also, the dealer is located in Michigan. Trying to find someone willing deliver the vehicle to San Diego...only if they agree not to drive it over 55mph. LOL

I would try to have them drop ship it to a dealer near you. Others on this site will know more about it, but from what I understand it isn't that uncommon. I think you would have to do the financial transaction beforehand with the selling dealer, though.

First off my fiancee is a manager for our local Ford dealer's used lot. We got the first Mustang GT lin '04 about three weeks before Thanksgiving. The new car manager(who we are both friends with) met with his Ford rep last Monday, and placed our order on 4/10. He said he's getting 5.

Our Alloy w/tungsten coupe

(I don't know coupe or vert on these.)

Red w/ white

Black w/ white

White w/ blue

and one more...

I mentioned the hugger orange, but he said he didn't want to stock such an off color. It's awesome in my opinion, but I'm not the one making the big $'s.

He's an SVT dealer with a specific SVT showroom thats 5.000 sq ft. Although it's pretty empty these days they don't even use it very much, but its goin' to be a Mazda showroom soon because the town's Mazda dealer is crap."Uh, no you can't test drive that Miata because it doesn't have any oil in it or a battery." Yeah the pushed it out of the factory and pushed on and off the transport truck. Give me a break.

(Sorry just a little dead-beat venting.)

Any way he said he has to pay "around" $700 and train two people. Don't know how that gets divided, or what if he pays seperate to get them "trained". Don't know, doesn't matter, don't really care to be honest.

They are going to be about $5k over he guessed. We talked about ebay and up to 15k but he said he doesn't need to go that high.

He told us probable delivery of Oct. which sounds about right based on the '05 GT experience. They've also sold four GT's...don't think that matters but just puttin' it all out there.

Also before any a**hole tries to shoot it all down with pessimism, and "I just want to know all the facts

NOW!".

I know I said "about" and "around". BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW!!!!

Christ! Grab a hold of that concept squeeze the hell out of it, until your arms cramp, and then freakin' relax in knowing nobody has one yet, we are all in the same boat, we all want it. and we can get one.

One day at a time. One day at time....

I do love this site. :D

First off my fiancee is a manager for our local Ford dealer's used lot. We got the first Mustang GT lin '04 about three weeks before Thanksgiving. The new car manager(who we are both friends with) met with his Ford rep last Monday, and placed our order on 4/10. He said he's getting 5.

Our Alloy w/tungsten coupe

(I don't know coupe or vert on these.)

Red w/ white

Black w/ white

White w/ blue

and one more...

I mentioned the hugger orange, but he said he didn't want to stock such an off color. It's awesome in my opinion, but I'm not the one making the big $'s.

He's an SVT dealer with a specific SVT showroom thats 5.000 sq ft. Although it's pretty empty these days they don't even use it very much, but its goin' to be a Mazda showroom soon because the town's Mazda dealer is crap."Uh, no you can't test drive that Miata because it doesn't have any oil in it or a battery." Yeah the pushed it out of the factory and pushed on and off the transport truck. Give me a break.

(Sorry just a little dead-beat venting.)

Any way he said he has to pay "around" $700 and train two people. Don't know how that gets divided, or what if he pays seperate to get them "trained". Don't know, doesn't matter, don't really care to be honest.

They are going to be about $5k over he guessed. We talked about ebay and up to 15k but he said he doesn't need to go that high.

He told us probable delivery of Oct. which sounds about right based on the '05 GT experience. They've also sold four GT's...don't think that matters but just puttin' it all out there.

Also before any a**hole tries to shoot it all down with pessimism, and "I just want to know all the facts

NOW!".

I know I said "about" and "around". BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW!!!!

Christ! Grab a hold of that concept squeeze the hell out of it, until your arms cramp, and then freakin' relax in knowing nobody has one yet, we are all in the same boat, we all want it. and we can get one.

One day at a time. One day at time....

Grabber Orange an Off Colour? Probably be the first Sold!

I do love this site. :D

Hey! Okay!! Welcome to the Site. What's with the Training Two people if he's already a Certified SVT Dealer with a 5000sq/ft Showroom? Five Shelbys'. Must be a pretty Big Dealer! Throw us a Bone, what is the Name of the Dealer?

Hey! Okay!! Welcome to the Site. What's with the Training Two people if he's already a Certified SVT Dealer with a 5000sq/ft Showroom? Five Shelbys'. Must be a pretty Big Dealer! Throw us a Bone, what is the Name of the Dealer?

Don't know why he has to have two trained, my guess is so he doesn't have to rely on one guy, and pull him off something else when one of these rolls in.

I don't really know what a big dealer is. I know the owner is really into performance stuff, I should note he just bought the last GT, so they didn't really sell all of them. He just got rid of a really sweet Kenny Brown Cobra Convertable, Navy w/tan top. He also has a wicked lightning.

Don't really want to get in any heat w/ them since he is a friend of ours, as well as her boss, so please try and respect the hold out. As soon as he gets real answers, and I will hear when he does, I WILL tell everyone.

I don't think that anybody is really going to 'miss the boat', I think we should all just like them, and then worry about ordering one, when they get an MSRP. But I know I have a different perspective from the masses, and I have dealt with REALLY bad dealers in the past, so I really can understand the frustration, event hough I may not agree.

Didn't mean to "vent-hog" the thread, it was just all getting a little too cynical.

Don't know why he has to have two trained, my guess is so he doesn't have to rely on one guy, and pull him off something else when one of these rolls in.

I don't really know what a big dealer is. I know the owner is really into performance stuff, I should note he just bought the last GT, so they didn't really sell all of them. He just got rid of a really sweet Kenny Brown Cobra Convertable, Navy w/tan top. He also has a wicked lightning.

Don't really want to get in any heat w/ them since he is a friend of ours, as well as her boss, so please try and respect the hold out. As soon as he gets real answers, and I will hear when he does, I WILL tell everyone.

I don't think that anybody is really going to 'miss the boat', I think we should all just like them, and then worry about ordering one, when they get an MSRP. But I know I have a different perspective from the masses, and I have dealt with REALLY bad dealers in the past, so I really can understand the frustration, event hough I may not agree.

Didn't mean to "vent-hog" the thread, it was just all getting a little too cynical.

welcome to the board Niswonger! Post all you want because they give away free stuff to those who post a lot. we welcome the discussions & new topics to help pass the time. Hope you enjoy the info that has been posted.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I really came here becauuse I was searching for clips of the sound and video.

I have a good sound clip on saved on my computer now, and I may have gotten it @stangs unleashed a while ago. It is now the ringer on my phone, and I also have the best background at work on my computer.

I appreciate the warm welcome, I snooped around here for the past month or so, just reading these and it seems like some really good knowledgeable people.

BTW Robert is King.

And free stuff is good too. ;)

Archived