TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So you think you have an order???

speco2005

So in the last 16 months I have purchased 2 Mustang GTs. from a dealer here in Vegas. They were very good sales paid a bit less than sticker for both, we seem to have a glut of GTs here in town. I have called that dealer Friendly Ford, also Team Ford, Ford Country and Gaudin Ford. I just called all of them again today and yesterday once pretending to be a new customer and then the other times giving my real name and talking to sales people that I have in the past. All three of them said the same thing, there is no order plcement for the GT500 yet, they have no pricing and will not even try to force an order through. I informed them of this site and the order guide the response again to a dealer was the same. Thats great it is just that a guide we can not order something from a guide that has no prices to us yet. They did all say they have no idea what the allotment would be or if it would go for over MSRP or for how much.

To add to this some cali dealers

Raceway Ford in Riverside--- no idea either or order taking

Fairview Ford San Bernadino No idea or info or order taking

NOW HERE IS THE KICKER from what many of you say is the largest Ford dealer GALPIN, Debra Marin 818-756-5980, She said they are only taking names and numbers and will contact people when they have more info. They have ZERO price info or allotment, she refused an offer for a deposit to make a better place in line for me.

So who is full of crap?? It seems there are a ton of dishonorable dealers out there, if so many of you have ordered them. Several of the dealers I called said they would not consider taking someones deposit because it is unfair to hold someones money when they have no clue as to what when or how to order something.

Do I want one? heck yes but it seems to me many of you have been fed a line of bull and fell for it.

Even more of an update from Danny Brown at Dale Jarrett Ford in Charlotte 704-261-1069.

They have no idea how many they are getting. They have a list of over 400 people. When they get them they are planning on doind a silent auction for them. He said Ford in the last 2 weeks have changed numbers and may be producing over 10 thousand of the cars and that if the case is such then a silent auction may not be needed.

So whats the deal?? Many say they have an order but dont list the dealer, these dealers all say you cant order, so who is lying??

Those of us who have placed orders have a copy of the Dealer Order Confirmation from Fords system. Ford has not and will not finalize the order until prices are released and that dealer's allottment has been put in whatever order Ford decides.

So technically no car has actually been processed fully. That being said it does mean that anyone who's order is in the system will def get one when that dealer gets the "go-ahead from Ford.

Did you notice that mostly all who posted were either #1 or #2 at that dealer, not #25 ? In my case my dealer already knows he will be getting at least (2) he has only placed (1) order though.He also agreed to MSRP, whatever that is.

So in conclusion no one is lying. It is just that some dealers are waiting for the prices to be released and final allottments decided (could be increased) before making any deals. That seems to be the case in your area. Hope this helps.

I sat with my dealer and watched him put the order in and the system accepted the order. However, as I understand it, he will probably get only one car since he is not a SVT dealer. Whats interesting it that this was second car he ordered. He had the option of changing the first car he ordered or ordering another. When he placed the order for my car he told me he was entering it a a "retail" car, meaning it was a sold unit and therefore it would go ahead of the first. I still have doubts if I will ever get the car or if I will get it as MSRP as he promised. I am not sure he understand the allocation process and what he will have to do to qualify.

Those of us who have placed orders have a copy of the Dealer Order Confirmation from Fords system. Ford has not and will not finalize the order until prices are released and that dealer's allottment has been put in whatever order Ford decides.

So technically no car has actually been processed fully. That being said it does mean that anyone who's order is in the system will def get one when that dealer gets the "go-ahead from Ford.

Did you notice that mostly all who posted were either #1 or #2 at that dealer, not #25 ? In my case my dealer already knows he will be getting at least (2) he has only placed (1) order though.He also agreed to MSRP, whatever that is.

So in conclusion no one is lying. It is just that some dealers are waiting for the prices to be released and final allottments decided (could be increased) before making any deals. That seems to be the case in your area. Hope this helps.

100 % correct in your explanation. I'm in the same boat :beerchug:

Well put, bird.

I have the same order in at 2 different dealerships. I have copies of what I'm calling a DORA from both. I'm calling them DORAs because they say "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment" across the top. Call me crazy, because some people here have said that these aren't DORAs because Ford hasn't issued any yet. Whatever the case, I have them, and my name shows up in the Customer Name field.

I will be adding the info from both to the Registry Thread when I get back in the office, most likely Tuesday.

Another explanation, speco, might be that these dealers have a good idea how many they will get, and know that those are sold. Instead of getting your hopes up, they are politely giving you the brush-off. I don't mean that in a bad way, either.

Well put, bird.

I have the same order in at 2 different dealerships. I have copies of what I'm calling a DORA from both. I'm calling them DORAs because they say "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment" across the top. Call me crazy, because some people here have said that these aren't DORAs because Ford hasn't issued any yet. Whatever the case, I have them, and my name shows up in the Customer Name field.

I will be adding the info from both to the Registry Thread when I get back in the office, most likely Tuesday.

Another explanation, speco, might be that these dealers have a good idea how many they will get, and know that those are sold. Instead of getting your hopes up, they are politely giving you the brush-off. I don't mean that in a bad way, either.

agree. sounds like a polite way to try and get rid of you... there are either people in the front of the line with bigger bucks, or the dealer/managers want to get their hands on the allotment themselves. I have been told by a local dealer in no uncertain terms that they will be placing the first car in "archives" ... meaning that the owner of the dealership will be buying it for themselves.

I do not trust much that comes from the mouths of the dealers (except five-oh). you get a different line of crap from each one you talk to. bottom line is they are saying what they need to say to keep there interest in the forefront.

i have my DORA acknowledgement form. I believe it is authentic.

I do not trust much that comes from the mouths of the dealers (except five-oh). you get a different line of crap from each one you talk to.

One thing to keep in mind. Those of us who keep up with these forums are much more knowledgeable about this car than probably 90% of the sales guys out there. Of course, those same sales guys are probably more knowledgeable about this car than 90% of the average car buying public. The BS they float works so often, they don't consider someone might have a better handle on it than they do.

An informed buyer is a salesman's worst nightmare. (Note: half of my job duties cosist of acting as a salesman - so it isn't a slam)

The orders can be submitted. You can even get a Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement (DORA) The DORA is not a committment to build the vehicle it is only a confirmation of what was ordered on the vehicle. Any dealership could order countless GT500 and get DORA for every order. They could even put a different customer name on each order. However what really matters is that the region will get their numbers and allocate them to the dealers based on sales.

If a dealer has a high ADM on a car and fails to sell the car (move the car quickly) it will affect the number of cars allocated to that dealer. So in a sense the dealership is penalized for failing to sell the car. The allocation process is designed to move cars to dealers that sell them. Unfortunately the allocation process does take some time to affect the poor performing dealers, but if they stockpile the cars then they will get less cars in the future.

Yeah, i have to agree with SPECO2005. I live right here in the Motorcity area and i also checked with three high volume Ford dealerships and i get the same thing.

"WE DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATION"

"WE CANT ORDER ANY YET"

"THERE IS NO LIST"

"WE'RE NOT ACCEPTING ANY MONEY DOWN"

"WE DONT KNOW WHAT THE MSRP IS"

"WE SUSPECT THAT THEY WILL BE 10K-20K over MSRP"

What gives here guys??? Is this some sort of geographical predjudism going on here ???

For crying out loud, i live here where they make the darn things, and i cant get one freakin iota of information out of these guys one way or another. I mean i hear what some of you guys are saying, but everytime i tell these guys at the dealership that people are ordering them... The salemsmen just look at you like a freakin germ and say im crazy or rebutt one of the comments above and walk away. But it sure seems like some people are getting some sort of special treatment in certain areas while others are being left out of having even a chance to order one in other areas. Just doesnt sound right to me. And my wife works at our local Ford dealer, She Has been there for 16 years, and she hasnt seen any information come to her dealer at all.

But it sure seems like some people are getting some sort of special treatment in certain areas while others are being left out of having even a chance to order one in other areas.

I dont think many here are getting special treatment, it has more to do with dishonest dealers who will take a deposit on something they cant sell. Or in some cases no deposit place an order that only leads to you coming into the dealership and when u cant get a GT500 then they sell you something else.I see alot of threads with the words my dealer or a dealer in such ansuch area but never the actual dealer name.There was one guy who did post the Ford dealer he worked at and that he said he ordered from, I called said I have 10K to put down and he dealer said they cant take any money yet or orders. Its people getting scammed at this point. Everything we hear about this car is pure speculation right now, anybody ever ask the question why Ford isnt giving us any real time or numbers yet?

For crying out loud, i live here where they make the darn things, and i cant get one freakin iota of information out of these guys one way or another.

I wonder if the hardest place to get a GT500 wouldn't be in metro DTW? Think of how many Ford managers and execs. are going to want one of these puppies.

I dont think many here are getting special treatment, it has more to do with dishonest dealers who will take a deposit on something they cant sell. Or in some cases no deposit place an order that only leads to you coming into the dealership and when u cant get a GT500 then they sell you something else.I see alot of threads with the words my dealer or a dealer in such ansuch area but never the actual dealer name.There was one guy who did post the Ford dealer he worked at and that he said he ordered from, I called said I have 10K to put down and he dealer said they cant take any money yet or orders. Its people getting scammed at this point. Everything we hear about this car is pure speculation right now, anybody ever ask the question why Ford isnt giving us any real time or numbers yet?

My bet is that Ford is waiting for the NY Auto Show to announce the final specs...

I can give you 3 high volume dealerships in my area that told me they couldnt order any right now or give me any information about the Shelby. I invite anyone to call them for yourself and see what they tell you. I would agree with you that maybe what people are getting is a fancy piece of paper that doesnt garuntee "DICK", just so they can keep you interested when it gets "closer" to ordering time. Becuase it really doesnt make any sence that some dealers have options of ordering right now while others dont. Thats just my opinion as to the way some of us have been treated so far at the dealers concerning the ordering process of Shelbys that "SOME" of us can order.

Varsity Ford / Ann Arbor, Michigan (734) 996-2300

Briarwood Ford / Saline, Michigan (800) 317-5478

Gene Butman Ford / Ypsilanti, Michigan (734) 482-8581

The orders can be submitted. You can even get a Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement (DORA) The DORA is not a committment to build the vehicle it is only a confirmation of what was ordered on the vehicle. Any dealership could order countless GT500 and get DORA for every order. They could even put a different customer name on each order. However what really matters is that the region will get their numbers and allocate them to the dealers based on sales.

If a dealer has a high ADM on a car and fails to sell the car (move the car quickly) it will affect the number of cars allocated to that dealer. So in a sense the dealership is penalized for failing to sell the car. The allocation process is designed to move cars to dealers that sell them. Unfortunately the allocation process does take some time to affect the poor performing dealers, but if they stockpile the cars then they will get less cars in the future.

Uhhh...How can we get the DORA if salesmen wont even acknowledge the exsistance of something that they have no information on?

I cant even get the salesmen to sit down and talk about purchasing a Shelby let alone getting the DORA.

Sorry, been there, done that. Try telling that to the 3 dealerships i inquired at. In a nut shell, this is what all 3 told me..... "No such vehicle exsists for ordering yet"

Then you need to find a better informed dealer or one that will listen to information from you that they may be unaware of. I contacted over 400 dealerships by email before finding 2 that were willing to work with me. Both had no idea of the dealer order guides or allotments until I sent the information available here on this site to them. They checked it out and figured I was shooting straight with them. One took my order, placed it and gave me the DORA with my name shown, wrote an MSRP+ based contract and accepted my cashiers check deposit.

It seems the smaller dealerships were the better ones to work with. With the demand the way it is and the supply spread out to every small town dealership, these cars are going to end up in some very out of the way places. It just makes the supply problem in larger cities worse.

It may just be me, but it seems that most of the dealers that are placing these orders are of the small town would only get one anyway variety. Because a DORA at this point doesnt actually represent much and because no firm price and therefore no firm ADMU it would only make sense that the dealers looking to score big wait until they have concrete numbers before engaging in this discussion. From the outside it would look like a better idea to head straight to a small town dealer, but in reality they may never see the vehicle they order.

I can give you 3 high volume dealerships in my area that told me they couldnt order any right now or give me any information about the Shelby. I invite anyone to call them for yourself and see what they tell you. I would agree with you that maybe what people are getting is a fancy piece of paper that doesnt garuntee "DICK", just so they can keep you interested when it gets "closer" to ordering time. Becuase it really doesnt make any sence that some dealers have options of ordering right now while others dont. Thats just my opinion as to the way some of us have been treated so far at the dealers concerning the ordering process of Shelbys that "SOME" of us can order.

Varsity Ford / Ann Arbor, Michigan (734) 996-2300

Briarwood Ford / Saline, Michigan (800) 317-5478

Gene Butman Ford / Ypsilanti, Michigan (734) 482-8581

Thanks that just goes along with my post where I listed large dealers here on the west coast that said the same thing.

Then you need to find a better informed dealer or one that will listen to information from you that they may be unaware of. I contacted over 400 dealerships by email before finding 2 that were willing to work with me. Both had no idea of the dealer order guides or allotments until I sent the information available here on this site to them. They checked it out and figured I was shooting straight with them. One took my order, placed it and gave me the DORA with my name shown, wrote an MSRP+ based contract and accepted my cashiers check deposit.

It seems the smaller dealerships were the better ones to work with. With the demand the way it is and the supply spread out to every small town dealership, these cars are going to end up in some very out of the way places. It just makes the supply problem in larger cities worse.

Again who are these magic dealers? Post some names of them. So far 2 of us have posted names of dealers who have ZERO info in large markets.

Thanks that just goes along with my post where I listed large dealers here on the west coast that said the same thing.

Again who are these magic dealers? Post some names of them. So far 2 of us have posted names of dealers who have ZERO info in large markets.

I am not about to post the name of the dealer where I have a deal so that every TD&H on this board can call and drive up the apparent demand. It;s a small dealer in an adjacent state. Dealing directly with the GM. I have a DORA, a receipt for deposit, and a written contract. I'm happy for the moment. Yes the dealer is only allocated one car but its MINE. If you don't believe me, fine. When others are driving Shelby's and you are wishing you had one, you will wish you had made the effort to find one. I could really care less if you believe me or not, I was just trying to help you get the car you claim you wanted.

I've already explained it to you and you still don't get it do you? :read:

Or choose not to believe.

Orf has good scans of the DORA. Since Ford has opened the order bank you can order a car. Most salesmen are not involved in the order process, so it is logical that a request to place an order would be met by a blank stare. They would not know how to order a car if you gave them the computer with the ordering screen pulled up. It is interesting to note that the second dora has the code for 'schedule over allocation' on it. This dealer is really trying to get this car. Well done. However until Ford really begins the allocation all that the DORA proves is that the dealer put your name on a car that was placed in the order bank. Once allocation begins, then the scheduling will begin. Like the GT most dealers will be told when they have an allocation for an order. Only then will the priority code matter. In the case of the GT and the GT500 'schedule over allocation' would do little to speed up the order. But it was a good attempt to speed it up. If he were to be ordering a commodity that was not controlled then the code would pull that order to the front.

I think what has to be remembered is that, a DORA is Not a Guarantee in any way that You'll be getting a Shelby.

Now with that out of the way, if you are high on Your Dealer's List and you have a DORA you'll most likely get one.

Right now, as has been previously stated on this Site, any Ford Dealer in the US could DORA 10, 100 or 1000 Shelby's. The order system will allow it. If there are are indeed Dealers doing this, there could be a LOT of dissapointed people, because, as we all know Allocation is going to be Very Low per Dealer.

I recently returned from a family vacation in Florida where I visited two Ford Dealers. One was an SVT, Roush Dealer. Both of those Dealers had Not DORA'ed yet. Yes, they had a Waiting List, however no Dora'ing. The SVT Sales Manager explained to me what I described above. She was very adament that they would not DORA until Ford announced their Allotment numbers. This wasn't a Salesperson that I was talking to and she was very aware of the 'orders' being placed and the DORA's issued. Oh, and by the way, their Customer's at the Top of the List are paying 10k over MSRP.

It would be Very interesting to know how many Dora's have actually been Issued?

I sat with my dealer and watched him put the order in and the system accepted the order. However, as I understand it, he will probably get only one car since he is not a SVT dealer. Whats interesting it that this was second car he ordered. He had the option of changing the first car he ordered or ordering another. When he placed the order for my car he told me he was entering it a a "retail" car, meaning it was a sold unit and therefore it would go ahead of the first. I still have doubts if I will ever get the car or if I will get it as MSRP as he promised. I am not sure he understand the allocation process and what he will have to do to qualify.

You CAN order, but dealers do not know pricing yet. Dealers are having to pay $1,500 for ceritification AND buy a tool kit. SO if a dealer is selling at MSRP or less he just moving iron. YOu guys that ordered at MSRP don't realize how good of deal you got. Markup should be around $2,500-$3,000, hold back of another $1,000--dealer pays fees and tools that will add up to $2,000 to $3,000--you do the math. If he gets only one--that leaves him with about $1,000 for his $40+K investment not including him Multi million $$ in his dealership. Pay a saleman and it ain't worth it to sell at msrp or less.

sold one for $,5000 over and taking offers for our only other Shelby.

bud

bud@fishervincentford.com

Texas

You CAN order, but dealers do not know pricing yet. Dealers are having to pay $1,500 for ceritification AND buy a tool kit. SO if a dealer is selling at MSRP or less he just moving iron. YOu guys that ordered at MSRP don't realize how good of deal you got. Markup should be around $2,500-$3,000, hold back of another $1,000--dealer pays fees and tools that will add up to $2,000 to $3,000--you do the math. If he gets only one--that leaves him with about $1,000 for his $40+K investment not including him Multi million $$ in his dealership. Pay a saleman and it ain't worth it to sell at msrp or less.

sold one for $,5000 over and taking offers for our only other Shelby.

bud

bud@fishervincentford.com

Texas

Then your only other Shelby nets you $4-5k. That is an average of $2500-3000. Do that both years and you now have up to $16k from your 4 cars. You have 4 happy customers bringing it in for service and parts, buying other family vehicles both new and used. Those same happy customers are telling their buddies about how well they were treated at your dealership and bringing more business in. Several of them lifelong customers. Doesn't sound like a losing situation to me at all.

If dealers aren't making any money, how do they stay in business?

Ok let me take a stab at what Budford has listed.

(Five Oh B this IS NOT DIRECTED at you just Budford but you can add actual facts if you like)

$1,500 for Dealer certification – A 1 time charge & mandated by Ford if you want a Shelby to sell this year or next

Example 1: If a dealer only gets 1 car per year he pays $1,500 divided that by 2 years = $750 average cost per year for each car received

Example 2: If a dealer gets 2 cars per year take the average cost of $750 divided by 2 cars = $325 per car for the 1st year for each car received

Example 3: If a dealer gets 3 cars per year $750 divided by 3 cars = $250 per car for the 1st year for each car received

Example 4: If a dealer gets 4 cars per year $750 divided by 4 cars = $187.50 per car for the 1st year for each car received

Mark-up should be around $2,500 - $3,000 (this is Budford’s personal opinion & doesn’t hold any weight right now because they haven’t released any information on MSRP or the Dealer price level codes which includes Dealer price, Dealer invoice WITH holdback amounts & suggested retail for each vehicle base price & options)

Dealer Fees – What Fees? Be more specific. Are they the fees that are on the RD108 paperwork when you sell the car? Or are you talking about Tax, title, plates, and a processing paperwork charge?

Dealer Tools – What I have been told & maybe Five Oh B can clear this up but I was under the impression from the 2 dealerships I talked to this was covered in the $1,500 certification fee because not many tools have changed since the last SVT Cobra was made & they can be re-used?

Dealer Holdback of another $1,000 – this is above dealer invoice (see PDF file at the bottom for more info on dealer cost for a GT Mustang as of 8/1/05)

$40k investment – Theirs NO WAY your dealership is paying MSRP for a car that you purchased from FORD at a discount, so don’t’ claim it’s a $40k investment when you buy them cheaper than MSRP! Usually around 13% lower than MSRP

Multi-million Dollar Dealerships – Others & me included could give a ratsass about how much you spend on your NEW or Remodeled dealership building. How well your building looks doesn’t matter to 99% of us blue-collar workers & provides no added value to the customer, how we are treated & the quality of the service DOES. Most Dealerships make just as much money if not more from the parts/service work then they do with car sales (just look at your hourly rates & your dealer mark-ups on all parts of at least 30%)

Last but not least Pay the salesperson – Salespersons are usually given several pay scale options when they applied & accepted the job for employment.

1.) A percentage of what the car sold for

2.) Maybe a flat base rate regardless of how many you sold that week or month.

3.) Or a combination of both 1 & 2 depending on how good you are.

$1,000 for a $40k investment? Yeah…. Right, a 10% to 15% profit is already added into the MSRP for the dealer & NOW you want more? GREEDY aren’t we. Go ahead & kill the Goose that lays the golden egg & your done as a reputable dealership. If you sell below MSRP that's your fault! If your not happy making making a living at what your doing, then switch professions.

Ok, I'm stepping down & off the soapbox for a little while...

mustang06.pricelist.pdf

mustang06.pricelist.pdf

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 4 2006, 02:32 PM) 6971[/snapback]

I don't know how much the tools cost (that's a service issue and I work on the sales side of things). But, I do believe that Ford is charging $1,500 per year to sell GT500's, not just $1,500 total. Not that an extra $1,500 breaks the bank or anything. Actually, none of the expenses will break the bank for the dealer. We just want to make a decent profit on these cars and I offer no excuses or apologies for our pricing. $10K over at our dealership was offered to us by several customers, so that's the market price that we agreed to for all of our 2007 GT500's. We have 5 on order at that price, with 9 more customers willing to pay that if any of the first 5 cancel or more cars become available. I would suspect that by 2008 pricing will be very different as supply and demand line up better. We have 33 more customers on our list willing to wait until they can get one at MSRP and I hope that we can someday accomodate them, too.

To the other dealers here using the $1500 fee and tools as an excuse to charge over MSRP: please get real. The business plan from Ford on GT500's is allowing money to be made at MSRP accounting for these expenses. It may not be a lot of profit at MSRP after deducting those expenses, but it sure beats selling Taurus's and Focus's at a loss all day long.

Right on Five Oh. If a dealer is up front with their pricing, and have customers willing to pay it - everyone is happy. I don't like it, you don't like it, but then we're not going to pay the ADM if we don't feel like it. I'll wait, and hopefully get one later in 07 or a 08. That's my decision.

$1500 doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help either. I guess you could say the same thing about most expenses a dealer has... what's next, saying "we have indoor plumbing, we need to have a adder to defay that cost!" :hysterical:

Archived