TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rolled 40th

Scott, can you please post the CSM or VIN number for this?

Chris

VEHICLE DETAILS

Inventory #: 1102174076

Vehicle: 2007 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 [?]

VIN:

1ZVHT88S275290198

Odometer: 7,218 MILES - ACTUAL

Title: CA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE

Auction Verification: NOT SPECIFIED [?]

Doc Scott

That sux.

Wonder if it was one of these low mileage, saving for a big payoff one day, garage queens. Maybe the best reason I've seen to drive 'em if you got 'em.

Seems like you need to drive these cars some significant amount of time to get a real feel for what it can and can't do. I'm still getting used to my 2011 with 3600 miles and how it can be safely pushed. I find that even though the blind spots, etc. are the same as my 2006 GT, the car is a very different animal and requires some time behind the wheel to get comfortable with.

my .02

Ouch...thanks for posting Doc Scott....I missed you and Clarissa at the BASH this year!!!

This is the 9th wrecked 40th that I have seen now....the other 8 were run through IAA and Copart..don't know if the buyers parted them out or fixed them...

Alex

Ouch...thanks for posting Doc Scott....I missed you and Clarissa at the BASH this year!!!

This is the 9th wrecked 40th that I have seen now....the other 8 were run through IAA and Copart..don't know if the buyers parted them out or fixed them...

Alex

NINE...............wow, that's more then I would've thought.

Wonder if it was one of these low mileage, saving for a big payoff one day, garage queens. Maybe the best reason I've seen to drive 'em if you got 'em.

Seems like you need to drive these cars some significant amount of time to get a real feel for what it can and can't do.

Spot on. This is a huge problem with these cars. If you are an occasional driver and get on it in the wrong way, you are in trouble immediately. Sad day in Mudville today.

Alex

Make it 10. I just saw one at Quantum in Dallas today. The owner is trying to save her, but it might be tough. Insurance company may want to total. Couldn't get pictures as I didn't want to invade any space since the owner is trying to put her back together.

It happened a couple weeks ago right after the ice melted with fine dust on the road and went out of control and smashed into something that wouldn't move. Both the driver and passenger walked away. Passenger side airbag was deployed.

Make it 10. I just saw one at Quantum in Dallas today. The owner is trying to save her, but it might be tough. Insurance company may want to total. Couldn't get pictures as I didn't want to invade any space since the owner is trying to put her back together.

It happened a couple weeks ago right after the ice melted with fine dust on the road and went out of control and smashed into something that wouldn't move. Both the driver and passenger walked away. Passenger side airbag was deployed.

Thank goodness they walked away...................Hate to see another 40th bite the dust.

Wow Don, can't imagine someone wanting to drive their 40th (or any GT500 for that matter) right after the ice melted!! What a shame...glad no one was hurt like Dan already said....

Alex

:rip:

Hope the owner is okay.

I can't help agreeing with the posts about driving these cars. They are beasts and can bite even the most skilled driver, let alone someone who's skills are limited.

I have 18k on my 2009 that spends 4 to 5 months a year in the garage. Looking forward to putting another 9k on this season. :shift:

Safe motoring everyone. :salute:

Archived