TEAM SHELBY FORUM

need help

BILL TEC

hello im new here . my brother in law is going to buy a 2011 gt 500 our local dealer has one and i was woundering if u guys could tell me a little about how many solid white ones were built and the production #s like what # it is overall of the solid white ones and of the total run the vin is VIN:1ZVBP8JS2B5146583 and the sticker is 55,355 any help is appeciated

hello im new here . my brother in law is going to buy a 2011 gt 500 our local dealer has one and i was woundering if u guys could tell me a little about how many solid white ones were built and the production #s like what # it is overall of the solid white ones and of the total run the vin is VIN:1ZVBP8JS2B5146583 and the sticker is 55,355 any help is appeciated

im pretty sure Fords total wont be out for a while--you might search for the 2010 numbers--Id think the mix would be close. From your question,it looks like youre considering rarity--they just make too many of these cars for collectibilty,and unlike many of the 60s muscle cars, most of the current cars will still be around in 20 years.Only buy these cars to enjoy them, dont buy for collectibilty.Mine is 1 of 24 red verts/silver stripe mad, but wouldnt sell for whta i paid for it right now--someone may have the 2010 make-up and can answer your question.BTW, dont pay MSRP---you should get it for alot less,maybe 1000 above invoice,theres just too many being sold right nw

thanks i just need somthing to give him a lil push , he is a undertaker and it wont b driven much but he was wanting to know the numbers , they have came to 51,000 because he buys from them alot

found the link to 2010 numbers http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62900-2010-gt500-production-figures/

get your frined to drive the car--unless it scares the heck out of him, he'll love it

If you search "Production Numbers" you will find a thread where a member was posting build numbers. I took the below quote from that thread. If its "rare" or not....its a BLAST to drive! :shift: :happy feet:

For 2011, if you're talking about all varieties of Non-SVTPP in Performance White, there are 170 in all - 10 in CA, 86 also with Grabber Blue stripes - 6 in CA.

Hey SVT NAJA,

Where did you find that window sticker and what do you mean by a "late job #2?" :headscratch:

dont mean to hijack the response,but he meant that the car was late in the 2nd revision to the 2011 GT500 production. The 1st run is called Job 1, then all revsions to the car based on both production and customer input, is put into cars made into Job 2. I was in maufacturing for a while, and rather than real time changes to prodtcion assembly, engineers will accumulate them into a batch production change assembly spec on a periodic basis

At least within the U.S., there are 16. But there are 46 if you want to include identical cars that were sold with the cover.

Unusually high concentrations are found in CA (5), FL (7) and TX (6). MO has 3, and NY, NV, LA and MT each have 2. The rest are unique examples within their states - WA, OH, IN, MI, TN, MN, NM, WV, IL, AL, OK, AZ, CT, NC, MD, NE and MS.

But I'm just guessing....headscratch.gif

dont mean to hijack the response,but he meant that the car was late in the 2nd revision to the 2011 GT500 production. The 1st run is called Job 1, then all revsions to the car based on both production and customer input, is put into cars made into Job 2. I was in maufacturing for a while, and rather than real time changes to prodtcion assembly, engineers will accumulate them into a batch production change assembly spec on a periodic basis

Thanks, that's pretty interesting I never knew that.

Also thanks for the link 10Shelby

• 3 weeks later...

thanks i just need somthing to give him a lil push , he is a undertaker and it wont b driven much but he was wanting to know the numbers , they have came to 51,000 because he buys from them alot

Hey i am a undertaker as well:) 2010 Torch Red GT500. Tell him welcome to the club!!! :shift:

Archived