TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Suspension or Eibach pro system plus

car dude

I have the Eibach Pro Street S coil-over kit on my GT 500 and could not be happier. I chose this kit over others because it is an option offered on the Super Snake and I have some flexibility on the ride hight. I was concerned that I might not be satisfied with the outcome if I went with fixed lowering springs.

I have the Eibach Pro Street S coil-over kit on my GT 500 and could not be happier. I chose this kit over others because it is an option offered on the Super Snake and I have some flexibility on the ride hight. I was concerned that I might not be satisfied with the outcome if I went with fixed lowering springs.

i have been thinking about Eibach coil-over kit. But i tend to over complcate things.i buy bigger then i need or way more complex then i need.Have you had any issues with adjusting the ride hight ,or haveing to readjust the hight.and how hard is it to adjust the ride hight? I drive my car every day and i think by keeping it simple is the best way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been thinking about Eibach coil-over kit. But i tend to over complcate things.i buy bigger then i need or way more complex then i need.Have you had any issues with adjusting the ride hight ,or haveing to readjust the hight.and how hard is it to adjust the ride hight? I drive my car every day and i think by keeping it simple is the best way to go.

I have the Eibach. Adjusting the height is no problem, but, you might have to worry about pinion angle, and that means even more mods...LOL. It never ends...

I have the Eibach. Adjusting the height is no problem, but, you might have to worry about pinion angle, and that means even more mods...LOL. It never ends...

I know what you mean right now i have BMR lower and BMR adjustable panhard bar.I have not installed them i am just going to wate until i have all my suspension mod's.

Does the ride hight ever need to be readjusted? Thanks

I recently installed Steeda/Tokico's D-Spec coil over system. The front struts are true coilovers with dampening and rebound adjustment as well as height. The rear Steeda shocks are ,modified to give the same coil-over functionality. I also went with a bumpsteer and balljoint kit to ensure i would have no lowering issues. I had a professional install my system, and it has an awesome ride height, and it is as low as i can go and still retain my desired performance on the drag strip or road course. The rebound and dampening have an adjustment range from 1 to 7.5, with the 7.5 being the softer setting. I run 6 on the street now, and can tighten it up in about 3 minutes, front and rear. Once you have a ride height that appeals to you, and more importantly is correct for functionality i don't think you would want to change it, but what i was thinking if i decide to go to 20's or something for wheels then i have a way to compensate for it quite easily (raise it). The height is altered with a spanner wrench and is a little more detailed to change than the other adjustments, and would probably require checking other settings and alignments afterwards. I also have all the other rear end suspension mods (except watts link), and am amazed how little NVR the car has with all the changes. I also just put 1 3/4" Kooks longtubes with a 3" collector, into a 3" X-pipe, that reduces to a Magnaflow cat-back (15881), and the car also sounds amazing, without being overly loud, and no drone. Just this morning i added the FRPP 63.5mm throttle body which looks as nice as it performs. I reckon i need the twin fan HE, and tires now, and i'm ready for a track day! If you want simple, however, something like the Steeda GT-500 handling pack (555-2373) may be an option to throw in your mix. No adjustability, but less to worry about, and it will enhance handling and look good as well. I'd look at all the options, price them out, as we have a lot of really awesome products on the market for our cars.

• 1 month later...

I recently installed Steeda/Tokico's D-Spec coil over system. The front struts are true coilovers with dampening and rebound adjustment as well as height. The rear Steeda shocks are ,modified to give the same coil-over functionality. I also went with a bumpsteer and balljoint kit to ensure i would have no lowering issues. I had a professional install my system, and it has an awesome ride height, and it is as low as i can go and still retain my desired performance on the drag strip or road course. The rebound and dampening have an adjustment range from 1 to 7.5, with the 7.5 being the softer setting. I run 6 on the street now, and can tighten it up in about 3 minutes, front and rear. Once you have a ride height that appeals to you, and more importantly is correct for functionality i don't think you would want to change it, but what i was thinking if i decide to go to 20's or something for wheels then i have a way to compensate for it quite easily (raise it). The height is altered with a spanner wrench and is a little more detailed to change than the other adjustments, and would probably require checking other settings and alignments afterwards. I also have all the other rear end suspension mods (except watts link), and am amazed how little NVR the car has with all the changes. I also just put 1 3/4" Kooks longtubes with a 3" collector, into a 3" X-pipe, that reduces to a Magnaflow cat-back (15881), and the car also sounds amazing, without being overly loud, and no drone. Just this morning i added the FRPP 63.5mm throttle body which looks as nice as it performs. I reckon i need the twin fan HE, and tires now, and i'm ready for a track day! If you want simple, however, something like the Steeda GT-500 handling pack (555-2373) may be an option to throw in your mix. No adjustability, but less to worry about, and it will enhance handling and look good as well. I'd look at all the options, price them out, as we have a lot of really awesome products on the market for our cars.

Thanks for the info i still have not decided what to buy.I am leaning to the coilovers.I drive my car every day and i drive in to the city at lest three times a week to pick up my daughter and her cousin from school.The streets in New Orleans are the worst i have rubed the front spoiler with the stock

ride hight several times.And if i dont pull in or back out of my drive way just right it will rub.Thanks again for the info :peelout::peelout:

Archived