TEAM SHELBY FORUM

antilock question

1badsho

I am about to get the NITTO R 305/45/18 but the tire is exactly 1.84 inches higher than the stock Goodyear rubber.

I had planned on going with a set of used Nitto 305/35/18s but changed my mind ... biggest reason is NITTO s web page says the 305/45 will fit a 9.5 inch rim .. the 305/35 is designed for a 10 inch rim. That and I like the way Dac's car look and how the tire fills in the wheel well space.

So the question is ... will there be any issues going to 1.84 higher ride height on the tire specifically related to antilock issues ?

I am not concerned about fit for I know they fit already

Just want to resolved this last issue before I order the NITTO Rs

I am about to get the NITTO R 305/45/18 but the tire is exactly 1.84 inches higher than the stock Goodyear rubber.

I had planned on going with a set of used Nitto 305/35/18s but changed my mind ... biggest reason is NITTO s web page says the 305/45 will fit a 9.5 inch rim .. the 305/35 is designed for a 10 inch rim. That and I like the way Dac's car look and how the tire fills in the wheel well space.

So the question is ... will there be any issues going to 1.84 higher ride height on the tire specifically related to antilock issues ?

I am not concerned about fit for I know they fit already

Just want to resolved this last issue before I order the NITTO Rs

There shouldn't be. The ABS system input is generated from the wheel speed sensor and exciter ring located behind the rotor of each wheel. The ABS engages when a predetermined deceleration rate is reached (or exceeded in a butt-puckering event). Ride height of the car does not affect the curve. Actual speed, however, should be checked anytime the tire circumference is altered. Hope this makes sense.

There shouldn't be. The ABS system input is generated from the wheel speed sensor and exciter ring located behind the rotor of each wheel. The ABS engages when a predetermined deceleration rate is reached (or exceeded in a butt-puckering event). Ride height of the car does not affect the curve. Actual speed, however, should be checked anytime the tire circumference is altered. Hope this makes sense.

Sounds like the concern here is that the tires will be turning at a different rate, front to rear, and whether or not it will trigger an ABS event :shrug:

Archived