TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 which one?

This is a very hard decision but if you were buying a 2012 Shelby GT350 would you buy the Coupe or Convertible? In my case I have to get it with the Automatic so that means NO supercharger (FORD is a wuss) and that makes my decision even harder!

Its simple, got 2 days to decide and no clue...

This is a very hard decision but if you were buying a 2012 Shelby GT350 would you buy the Coupe or Convertible? In my case I have to get it with the Automatic so that means NO supercharger (FORD is a wuss) and that makes my decision even harder!

Depends on what you plan to do with it IMHO. If you plan on mostly cruising and shows I'd get the vert. I you want to mix in a few tracks days and your ok with the performance decreases of the weight and chasis of the vert the vert may still be a good choice.

If your really want to drive it hard at 10/10 and are a type A competitive person on the track and plan on many track days, the coupe is the way to go.

Even the baddest of machines are "softened" a bit as a vert. No just suspension softening but an overall aesthetically less mean look.

Just my .02 but I do not envy your decision processing pain.

In the end you will be happy with whatever you choose as they are tremendous cars to drive.

Depends on what you plan to do with it IMHO. If you plan on mostly cruising and shows I'd get the vert. I you want to mix in a few tracks days and your ok with the performance decreases of the weight and chasis of the vert the vert may still be a good choice.

If your really want to drive it hard at 10/10 and are a type A competitive person on the track and plan on many track days, the coupe is the way to go.

Even the baddest of machines are "softened" a bit as a vert. No just suspension softening but an overall aesthetically less mean look.

Just my .02 but I do not envy your decision processing pain.

In the end you will be happy with whatever you choose as they are tremendous cars to drive.

I still have my 08 Shelby GT/SC which I run at the track and no plans to get rid of so that makes the Conv. more intriguing but I understand the Coupe is 1,000 times better if doing any kind of racing so right now its like :banghead:

If you're keeping your GT/SC for fun and track, then for me it would be no question at all. Get the convert for awsome cruising with the top down and listening to the exhaust rumble. Would never need the radio turned on! To me, that would be worth it all. Dude, you live in FL for goodness sake...... You're thinking about this???? I guess that's coming from a Colorado boy who does not have near that many days for top down cruising. Of course you already have your other verts also, but looks like you need a late model one.

I still have my 08 Shelby GT/SC which I run at the track and no plans to get rid of so that makes the Conv. more intriguing but I understand the Coupe is 1,000 times better if doing any kind of racing so right now its like :banghead:

If I had the SGT/SC I think I would go with the vert for cruising and shows.

If you're keeping your GT/SC for fun and track, then for me it would be no question at all. Get the convert for awsome cruising with the top down and listening to the exhaust rumble. Would never need the radio turned on! To me, that would be worth it all. Dude, you live in FL for goodness sake...... You're thinking about this???? I guess that's coming from a Colorado boy who does not have near that many days for top down cruising. Of course you already have your other verts also, but looks like you need a late model one.

i did not even notice the florida thing. vert!!

I personally like VERY FEW convertibles, as they don't all look good either top up, or top down, or both?

Agreed with the other dudes...if you are keeping the SGT...Vert for sure. And when you're old and your kids have one of each..........................................Ohhooohhooo!! Yeah baby! :happy feet:

Pretty much agree with everyone, if you're going to track the car then go for the coupe. Since you say you're going to keep your SGT coupe then I say go with the vert. You already have a coupe so a vert makes sense for a sister car. You live in Florida so a vert makes even more sense. And the verts are currently the rarest of the GT350 cars with a good chance they will remain that way.

Your tougher decision may be choosing the color.

Steve

Pretty much agree with everyone, if you're going to track the car then go for the coupe. Since you say you're going to keep your SGT coupe then I say go with the vert. You already have a coupe so a vert makes sense for a sister car. You live in Florida so a vert makes even more sense. And the verts are currently the rarest of the GT350 cars with a good chance they will remain that way.

Your tougher decision may be choosing the color.Steve

You know.....Steve's right about that.

Simple solution to that one............grab your best Shelby ball cap, write red, white, blue on three seperate pieces of paper, toss 'em in and have either one of your kids or the wife draw 'one' out!!

Be true to yourself to stay with whichever one gets drawn! :yup:

You know.....Steve's right about that.

Simple solution to that one............grab your best Shelby ball cap, write red, white, blue on three seperate pieces of paper, toss 'em in and have either one of your kids or the wife draw 'one' out!!

Be true to yourself to stay with whichever one gets drawn! :yup:

Works for me...................as long as all three pieces of paper say red. happy%20feet.gif

Works for me...................as long as all three pieces of paper say red. happy%20feet.gif

Awww, ya see....that's cheatin' the system!! :hysterical:

It's all good...you know what they say?????? "What happens at home, stays at home." !!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

EDIT- No-one would ever have to know! B)

Awww, ya see....that's cheatin' the system!! :hysterical:

It's all good...you know what they say?????? "What happens at home, stays at home." !!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

EDIT- No-one would ever have to know! B)

Very true.

For me it would be like best 2 out of 3........3 out of 5.......4 out of 7.....................

Your tougher decision may be choosing the color.

Steve

Well, yes I live in FL but moving to Hawaii for awhile so I guess the Conv. it is and man it will be hard driving a hot rod Conv. around Oahu :shift: ... choosing color is easy as even though I like the Kona Blue my GT/SC Vista Blue is way better and I hate Red anything so White it has to be. Already have 3 White Mustangs so I guess it'll be 4

Hey, when its summer time in CO you got some of the best driving in the world as far as scenery goes! I tried buying some property in CO a few years back in Franktown near Parker and those views between Pikes Peak, the Frontrange, up to Denver are pretty good but yea you can keep that snow

Since I’m in Ft Lauderdale and waiting for my 45th anniversary, I would say get the vert!

This is a very hard decision but if you were buying a 2012 Shelby GT350 would you buy the Coupe or Convertible?

This is a no brainer...the coupe. For a couple of reasons. First, even with the normally aspired 5.0, the convertible will shake you to death at anything over 50 miles per hour. Second, the GT350 SHOULD be a coupe/fastback. Period! And I am a traditionalist...in white livery with blue strips ONLY.

Regardless, most folks should have such 'problems.' Ciao and God bless :happy feet:

OK, I can totally empathize with your "problem". I just got back from the Chicago Auto Show 15 minutes ago. I looked at every car closely. I sat in the red convertible and in the white coupe. They were all amazing cars. I love the openness of the convertible, and the roll bar in the red one was totally cool. I also liked the coupe though. It felt roomy and just had a "different" feel than the convertible. I'm placing my order tomorrow, and still haven't decided which one I am buying. :headscratch:

Coupe has much nicer lines compared to the vert, look at the roof line slope to the trunk much nicer style then a vert plus less weight and less noise. My 2 cents also less rear seating area and smaller trunk!

Looked at the trunks 2 days ago and basically same size but trunk space is not an issue

OK, I can totally empathize with your "problem". I just got back from the Chicago Auto Show 15 minutes ago. I looked at every car closely. I sat in the red convertible and in the white coupe. They were all amazing cars. I love the openness of the convertible, and the roll bar in the red one was totally cool. I also liked the coupe though. It felt roomy and just had a "different" feel than the convertible. I'm placing my order tomorrow, and still haven't decided which one I am buying. :headscratch:

I guess you better go with BB's pieces of paper and hat idea.

Good Luck...............and please keep us posted.

Really Tony......what Shelby owner freekin' golfs anyway?!!! :hysterical:

I did drive a Shelby to a round of Golf once.............After the round, at the 19th, it was fun to listen to the all guys talk about the really cool Shelby in the parking lot.

Archived