TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynojet Benchmark Pulls

Madlock

Having jailbroken my GT500 from winter storage to take advantage of this (relative) warm spell we're having, after running a tank of 99 through to bring her back to life, I headed to a Dynojet shop my nearest Ford Racing dealer recommended for some baseline benchmarking now that driven enough for a good breaking-in.

Granted, today was about as perfect as conditions could be. It was a tad under 60 degrees and out in the boonies with plenty of trees pumping fresh O2 in to the atmosphere - but I almost soiled myself when the results came in - a consistent 530 hp and 505 ft/lbs at the wheel - bone stock. Frankly, I'd been expecting something closer to 490 hp - MAYBE 500 due to the ideal conditions. Is this consistent with what others have seen?

As pleased as I am with the numbers, I have to admit that being able to hear the full roar and whine while standing 10 feet away was probably the best part of the experience. Good God, it's an incredible-sounding machine.

Madlock_Pulls.jpg?psid=1

Nice numbers, and those are the highest Ive seen so far. There a few members here have pulled 520's and a few more then that the 510's. These 2011 computers are A LOT more powerful and can make instant timing and tuning adjustment's in real time utilizing both of it wideband O2's and knock sensors, and the Ford GT cam's also help to make peak power at redline. I also agree with you about the best part was being hearing your own car go WOT from 10 feet away, it was better then putting down 520's stock. 2011 5.0's have been making 460 at the crank and I think they underrated the 2011 5.4L a little bit also as I don't see with all the improvements would only be worth 10 hp.

Nope. Exxon 93.

I have don't have the luxury of any octane greater than 91. Does even a 2 point increase make much of a difference? And, anybody know what the max octane is before it really doesn't make a difference anymore? For example, my little back and forth work car requires 87 but putting anything more in it won't make a difference.

I'm curious because of the results Madlock got on 93 with a noticable 2 lbs extra boost. Granted the 2 lbs would be the greater of the two performance wise. Just speculating, is it possible the computer allowed more boost because of the octane and detonation was reduced?

Still awesome numbers, my '10 is not even close at being advertised with equal torque and only 10 hp less. The hidden capability of these power plants, '07-'11, is staggering.

Having jailbroken my GT500 from winter storage to take advantage of this (relative) warm spell we're having, after running a tank of 99 through to bring her back to life, I headed to a Dynojet shop my nearest Ford Racing dealer recommended for some baseline benchmarking now that driven enough for a good breaking-in.

Granted, today was about as perfect as conditions could be. It was a tad under 60 degrees and out in the boonies with plenty of trees pumping fresh O2 in to the atmosphere - but I almost soiled myself when the results came in - a consistent 530 hp and 505 ft/lbs at the wheel - bone stock. Frankly, I'd been expecting something closer to 490 hp - MAYBE 500 due to the ideal conditions. Is this consistent with what others have seen?

As pleased as I am with the numbers, I have to admit that being able to hear the full roar and whine while standing 10 feet away was probably the best part of the experience. Good God, it's an incredible-sounding machine.

Madlock_Pulls.jpg?psid=1

As a fellow 2011 owner from N.J., & getting ready to have my car dyno'd, I'd be curious as to what shop you went to ? I have a local shop picked out for the dyno already, but the tuner shop I will be going to for the motor mods has a Dynojet..

Those are pretty big numbers for " bone " stock. Also, how about a pic of the build tag off your motor, you ought to send those people a thank you note !!

As a fellow 2011 owner from N.J., & getting ready to have my car dyno'd, I'd be curious as to what shop you went to ? I have a local shop picked out for the dyno already, but the tuner shop I will be going to for the motor mods has a Dynojet..

Those are pretty big numbers for " bone " stock. Also, how about a pic of the build tag off your motor, you ought to send those people a thank you note !!

You'd be looking about a 90-mile drive. It's where the nearest Ford Racing dealer to me sends its folks for pulls and aftermarket work - If you've found a Dynojet nearby, you might as well take advantage. The list on Dynojet's website is worthless - about half are out of business.

Not that I don't think the niche line probably didn't do a particularly good job making my motor, but 11 lbs of boost is probably all that's behind the numbers. Maybe I shouldn't be hankering for a convertible instead after all - and just keep the one I have without needing to futz with pulleys or tunes.

Why is that?

Given what I've seen so far for 2011 GT500 owner dynos, yours is on the very high side. I'm thinking that dyno reads high and that other cars with lower numbers might post similar results on that same dyno. I doubt there is that large of a variance between stock 2011 GT500s.

Perhaps so, but not very likely given the atypically-high degree of boost, which corresponds so well to both the horsepower and torque results - as they're independent measurements and neither is simply a computation derived from the other.

Either way, I'm perfectly content.

That's all that matters. :)

However don't be disappointed if you go to another Dyno and it reads lower. That's just the nature of dynos. Hence why they say you should pick a dyno and then use the same one to see what kind of gains you are getting when doing different mods.

:D

Perhaps so, but not very likely given the atypically-high degree of boost, which corresponds so well to both the horsepower and torque results - as they're independent measurements and neither is simply a computation derived from the other.

Is the dyno you used anywhere near the central NJ (Princeton/New Brunswick) area? I work in Princeton and have a stone stock 2011 GT500 SVTPP, original air in the tires and all :D.

I'd like to put mine on the rollers and see how it comes out. If we can get a few other stock cars on the same dyno, we'd have a good representative sample to consider.....

:D

Is the dyno you used anywhere near the central NJ (Princeton/New Brunswick) area? I work in Princeton and have a stone stock 2011 GT500 SVTPP, original air in the tires and all :D.

I'd like to put mine on the rollers and see how it comes out. If we can get a few other stock cars on the same dyno, we'd have a good representative sample to consider.....

It's an hour or so south. Consider? We? unsure.gif

Archived