TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Cobra grill emblem

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the advice! Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you by wanting to personalize my car, just as by the pictures you have done to yours.

The last time I checked, MY name was still on the title! Wait until you see the 2008 Cobra Jet hood scoop!

MB

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the advice! Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you by wanting to personalize my car, just as by the pictures you have done to yours.

The last time I checked, MY name was still on the title! Wait until you see the 2008 Cobra Jet hood scoop!

MB

I installed the 69-70 Shelby Snake kemblem on my grille to replace the running pony...It is a little more retro I think...I like it, and I'm the only one that I have to please...

post-19184-0-26282300-1297946330_thumb.jpg

Yeah I did the 500 Cobra on my grill. It's not too difficult to do. I took off the grill (four bolts) and used a heat gun to slightly warm up the plastic surrounding the snake. This allowed me gentle press the snake to the SGT grill. The snake does not sit perfectly flat against the SGT grill. Warming it up just a little helped with a flush fit. You don't need to do this but I did. I used a little 3M double sided tape and then strapped it down to the grill in the back. I also installed the front splitter and the rear wing from the GT500.

I respect the Shelby purest view but not to the point where it dictates my preferences. I love the look of the GT500 snake and hate the look of the distorted over-bite looking SGT snake. I thought the S snake would grow on me... but it hasn't.

Here are a few pics. At one point I also had the same badge that motorjock205 has.

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC00579-1.jpg

I installed the 69-70 Shelby Snake kemblem on my grille to replace the running pony...It is a little more retro I think...I like it, and I'm the only one that I have to please...

Where can this emblem be bought? Branda's? Was it outrageous expensive?

As many have said, as long as it can be changed back to original, then have fun with it. Casey

"I love the look of the GT500 snake and hate the look of the distorted over-bite looking SGT snake. I thought the S snake would grow on me... but it hasn't."

I am with you on the overbite snake. I have never understood that rendition of the snake.

And, guys, I meant no disrespect to anyone. What you do with your own car is your business. We exchange opinions on this Forum all the time and, goodness knows, we all have different tastes in everything from functional modifications to bling modifications. The truth of the matter is that we all have viewed certain modifications presented on the Forum and found they did not appeal to us. Perhaps I should have worded my original reply differently.

My only defense is that I am an old guy (61) and strongly attached to the 60's.

Jim

Hey Jim... you old fart!...hey I'm 57. I didn't mean to come down on you so hard! We're cool man!

I love your car by the way!! That looks like a lot of HP for a guy your age!

I was behind a new Camaro the other day and thought it would be Bad A** for him to look in his rear view mirror and see the big Cobra emblem on his bumper... before I passed him....!!

Thanks to all who replied!!

Mark

Yeah I did the 500 Cobra on my grill. It's not too difficult to do. I took off the grill (four bolts) and used a heat gun to slightly warm up the plastic surrounding the snake. This allowed me gentle press the snake to the SGT grill. The snake does not sit perfectly flat against the SGT grill. Warming it up just a little helped with a flush fit. You don't need to do this but I did. I used a little 3M double sided tape and then strapped it down to the grill in the back. I also installed the front splitter and the rear wing from the GT500.

I respect the Shelby purest view but not to the point where it dictates my preferences. I love the look of the GT500 snake and hate the look of the distorted over-bite looking SGT snake. I thought the S snake would grow on me... but it hasn't.

Here are a few pics. At one point I also had the same badge that motorjock205 has.

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC00579-1.jpg

Thanks for the Pics!! I like it... looks good!

Mark

• 4 months later...

In MY opinion that emblem has no business on the car. The SGT is aligned by Shelby with the "S" snake emblems from the 60's that appeared on the GT500 wheels and steering wheel.

Yes you are free to do what you will but Please save the parts so a future owner can restore the car if desired.

P.S. If you're going to post here about "personalizing" the car you have expect some are not going to agree and comment. That should be understood that people here at times disagree which is fine as long as we're not disagreeable. In my experience here you're better off just doing what you want to do to YOUR car and ignore everyone else. Just understand it doesn't mean other people are going to like it...that's what makes it "personalized"!

Enjoy your car!

Archived