TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Grabber Orange Mustang Pony Spy Photos

robertlane

Robert. You are the man. I've had those two spy photos of the Grabber Orange Pony for days now. Absolutely awesome. I ordered my GT on 3/13, blind of course. I have no doubt now that I'm really going to enjoy this color. I'm 48, so I remember the 1970 Boss only too well. This is not that color (from what I've seen) but it's close enough for rock and roll. I was thinking about Charcoal Metallic LeMans stripes, but the wife said white would look better. After some crude photochops, the ol' gal may have something.

So I'm looking at 'off white' or Wimbledon White. 3M has an 'antique white'. I think this will look like the '69 Shelby GT500 (which only had the white stripes on the sides, I know) but give it it's own 'look'.

Thank you for all your efforts, and remember. Grabber :yup: range forever!!!

Pup

• 2 weeks later...

CelticNut... where u been, bro? My car is scheduled AND... I gotta VIN, baby. Decided to go with 18" polished bullets and drop the fanblades. After seeing the Parnelli Jones Tribute, have decided to not do any striping at all for at least 1-2 years 'cause I'm diggin' on that black now. Lordy, when you don't know what to do, DO NOTHING!

Say it with me now, "Pup's gotta VIN!"

Say it with me now, "Pup's gotta VIN!"

Pup's gotta VIN! Life is good. :victory:

I've been lurking. I make the rounds on Mustang forums, but I'm starting to spend less time on some and more on others. It's cyclical.

Dude, you're getting THE car! That is awesome. You are so close. Man, what I would do to be in your shoes. I've gotta wait a little while longer. I'm trying to get my finances in order before taking the plunge. A crisis caused me to part with my '05 and I don't want to repeat that with the '07. But I tell you this, I am committed to getting one more than ever now. I can't get enough of that car or the color! You're wise to wait on the striping. It's good to keep your options open for a while. However, I like the fanblades. I had the 17" painted Bullitts on my '05 and I loved them, but I want something different.

If you've got a VIN, I believe that means the work order has been cut and your car is in production. Be sure and post pix of it as soon as you take delivery. Any idea when the new baby arrives? I've got the cigars handy...

Robert. You are the man. I've had those two spy photos of the Grabber Orange Pony for days now. Absolutely awesome. I ordered my GT on 3/13, blind of course. I have no doubt now that I'm really going to enjoy this color. I'm 48, so I remember the 1970 Boss only too well. This is not that color (from what I've seen) but it's close enough for rock and roll. I was thinking about Charcoal Metallic LeMans stripes, but the wife said white would look better. After some crude photochops, the ol' gal may have something.

So I'm looking at 'off white' or Wimbledon White. 3M has an 'antique white'. I think this will look like the '69 Shelby GT500 (which only had the white stripes on the sides, I know) but give it it's own 'look'.

Thank you for all your efforts, and remember. Grabber :yup: range forever!!!

Pup

hey- 3M still makes black reflective scotchcal tape :) black reflective boss302 stripes on grabber orange...oh yeah...gotta have a shaker too :)

I had to special order, but it came in this week. Heres what I'm gonna try with it on mine, but I widened the rear to almost 4" (yes, it kinda resembles a yenko camaro, but who's seen one of them lately...)

heres the original idea photochopped on someone elses car, and pics of pinstripe layout I did to pull a tracing from- next to measure it all up, plot off fullscale, then its gonna be scary cutting that tape...

med_gallery_1452_5_46138.jpg

gallery_1452_5_5823.jpg

gallery_1452_5_7184.jpg

Archived