TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs Torque Arm

shane42

Has anyone tried the GR40SS package?

Looking for better traction and handling, for street use

Thanks, Shane

Hi Shane,

I think i take the honour of having completed the first Super Snake with a full Griggs GR40 ST package, (a little more than the SS).

On top of that its converted left to right hand drive haha !!

There are now quite a few of us who have added the Griggs kit to the cars.

The griggs balances out the power nicely and allows you to get the power to the road and keeps the car nicely balanced.

On the track the car is magnificent (well with a half decent driver involved, maybe not me !!!).

On the street where i spend 95% of my time, the car has much better manners and drives great.

One thing i would add to your upgrade is a Torsen Diff. After installing that even my wife likes driving the car (if she can find the keys !!!).

I have done over 15,000 miles with the griggs on my SS and dont regret the decision to install it for a minute.

My car is in the shop this week installing the new Griggs Aluminium front spindles, new spec r clutch and upgraded exhaust.

I guess you can never stop playing with Mustangs, isnt that the fun of ownership hahaha.

Good luck with your decision.

I suggest you give Van Collier a call at Revan Racing and discuss this with him, or just give the boys at Griggs a call.

Cheers

Jason.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shane,

I think i take the honour of having completed the first Super Snake with a full Griggs GR40 ST package, (a little more than the SS).

On top of that its converted left to right hand drive haha !!

There are now quite a few of us who have added the Griggs kit to the cars.

The griggs balances out the power nicely and allows you to get the power to the road and keeps the car nicely balanced.

On the track the car is magnificent (well with a half decent driver involved, maybe not me !!!).

On the street where i spend 95% of my time, the car has much better manners and drives great.

One thing i would add to your upgrade is a Torsen Diff. After installing that even my wife likes driving the car (if she can find the keys !!!).

I have done over 15,000 miles with the griggs on my SS and dont regret the decision to install it for a minute.

My car is in the shop this week installing the new Griggs Aluminium front spindles, new spec r clutch and upgraded exhaust.

I guess you can never stop playing with Mustangs, isnt that the fun of ownership hahaha.

Good luck with your decision.

I suggest you give Van Collier a call at Revan Racing and discuss this with him, or just give the boys at Griggs a call.

Cheers

Jason.

Are you running the 285 rear tire? or did you widen the rim and put a bigger tire on, if so what what are the sizes

Thanks, Shane

Archived