TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby gt 500 KR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it true that this car is going to happen.Is it just a rebadged gt 500? I hear its going to be at the auto show in april. Are all shelby gt 500s going to be KRs?? Whats the truth

Yes(quite possibly),no(not just rebadged),yes(at the show),no (not all). Sorry I can't give anymore info than that. :shades:

Why do you need a KR? It's just a name that Shelby used to keep GM from using it on a Camaro. The 'regular' GT500's were no different. When I get mine I'm going to install some mods then change the stripe to read "GT500KR." There you go. :rockon:

For your info --The K.R was brought out in mid 68` & was a basic 428 with a different cam & low riser 427 heads. It was claimed to have had more h.p but as Carroll put it I ran tests on both & found no difference, I just really wanted to upset Mr. Knudson of G.M

Why do you need a KR? It's just a name that Shelby used to keep GM from using it on a Camaro. The 'regular' GT500's were no different. When I get mine I'm going to install some mods then change the stripe to read "GT500KR." There you go. :rockon:

To me, putting "GT500KR" on a non KR Shelby, would be the very same as putting it on a V6 Mustang. Just my opinion. It's still a fake.

For your info --The K.R was brought out in mid 68` & was a basic 428 with a different cam & low riser 427 heads. It was claimed to have had more h.p but as Carroll put it I ran tests on both & found no difference, I just really wanted to upset Mr. Knudson of G.M

That's what I said

To me, putting "GT500KR" on a non KR Shelby, would be the very same as putting it on a V6 Mustang. Just my opinion. It's still a fake.

My point is this: What is everyone expecting from Ford when asking for a KR?

Like I said, Shelby added the name back in '68 so GM couldn't use it for a Camaro. The motor wasn't any faster than the previous version. Why would Ford produce a new KR version? The 'regular' GT500 is extremely popular and powerful just as it is.

Ford is not going to do better brakes,or anything from the factory. If there is a KR, its probally going to be a couple of stickers and a more aggresive tune if that. Ford is not going to take a 500 hp mustang which already sells way better than any previous model and rework it. It cost too much $$ for testing and engineering . We should be happy we have what we have. As far as the brakes go, they are not going to get better than this on a production mustang IMO.If you want a race car you are gonna have to buid it yourself.

The MSRP is probally going to be approching $50k without any upgrades fully opyionerd, watch........................

Is it true that this car is going to happen.Is it just a rebadged gt 500? I hear its going to be at the auto show in april. Are all shelby gt 500s going to be KRs?? Whats the truth

My guess is that any Shelby GT500 we have now can or will be a GT500KR upgrade from SAI (like the 40th pkg) for way more $$$ then you or I care to spend at this time. I think the show in New York is in April so hold tight & wait it out.

My guess is that any Shelby GT500 we have now can or will be a GT500KR upgrade from SAI (like the 40th pkg) for way more $$$ then you or I care to spend at this time. I think the show in New York is in April so hold tight & wait it out.

Coldy,

Shhhhh!

:headspin:

Uh-huhhhhh. pssssssst.......I have a secret, too....listen very closely...

Listen..... :mellow:

Listen........ -_-

Listennn........... :boring:

:devil:

:stirpot:

:stirpot:

This thread is in the wrong forum...:rant::rant: ....so I'm moving it! :hysterical:

There, the cat's out of the bag! ;)

Ford is not going to take a 500 hp mustang which already sells way better than any previous model and rework it.

2 reasons for Ford to do this:

1. To raise the price and make more money (taking advantage of the hot market).

2. Make the "upgrades" available from FRPP and sell them to all us lowly "regular" GT500 owners. Pulley, CAI, Tune, exhaust and Suspension upgrades would sell very well and the KR would be the car to showcase them.

+1

It would make sense for them to do that I'm sure everyone would agree making more power with the present version is not a problem. SA can do the required work, also gives the more desired exclusivity to people who want it. The price is going to be off the chain, I'm glad SA is doing mustangs again hopefully it means I can make some headway in my car search endeavors.

The "why the hell doesn't the 40th Anniversary package have any performance mods?" question now has an anwser.

Stay tuned.....big fun for everyone is on the way.....

640 to 660 with a 36 / 36,000 behind it. :rockon::rockon:

The "why the hell doesn't the 40th Anniversary package have any performance mods?" question now has an anwser.

Stay tuned.....big fun for everyone is on the way.....

640 to 660 with a 36 / 36,000 behind it. :rockon::rockon:

I'm sure that what it will have is something like the new tvs sc, but with the locked tune. Unlock the tune to do anything at all, and there goes the warranty. But it is certainly a step in the right direction. For those with the inclination, go ahead and just put tune, jlt, pulley, and frpp suspension on your shelby, and you more or less have the same thing without the badge. And will have a whole lot more money in your pocket.

There is something attractive about getting an official kr version of the shelby though, and I am like you, looking forward to seeing what all the pieces are, and more importantly, how expensive they will be. If the price is not too bad, I may have to have a serious talk with my wife about our priorities. :censored:

then the question would be- What price is acceptable for such a package, and what would be included?

..base your guesses on the SA 40th anniversary package. And maybe throw in an upgraded SC. I will be following the new york auto show closely

Ford is not going to do better brakes,or anything from the factory. If there is a KR, its probally going to be a couple of stickers and a more aggresive tune if that. Ford is not going to take a 500 hp mustang which already sells way better than any previous model and rework it. It cost too much $$ for testing and engineering . We should be happy we have what we have. As far as the brakes go, they are not going to get better than this on a production mustang IMO.If you want a race car you are gonna have to buid it yourself.

The MSRP is probally going to be approching $50k without any upgrades fully opyionerd, watch........................

I agree!! We should be happy with what we have! It really is over the top! No competition at all at this time! 500HP!! 200HP more than the GT!! The car has only recently been available and already people are asking for a KR version :doh:

Ford should just have said this car is a KR because it is truly the King of the Road. :bowdown:

Hey is that devil shouting "Kneel suckers" suppose to represent a Ford dealer ruling all who paid an adm?

..Chuck, just go out and buy a shelby. Sell the farm, cash in the retirement, promise your soul; you will never regret it :happy feet:

Sorry man, just couldn't resist. Getting ready to order my mods, the excitment is building!!!!

I think your life would be so much happier if you didn't focus on those who have a shelby, and figure out a way to get one.

Believe it or not, many of us read your posts on other boards, and have to use all of our patience to not say nasty things back to you. Quite frankly, adm, and who paid it, and how much, is really not your business or concern, and is starting to sound like the primary thing you have to say on the shelby boards. I know you can contribute more than just that.

John

2 reasons for Ford to do this:

1. To raise the price and make more money (taking advantage of the hot market).

2. Make the "upgrades" available from FRPP and sell them to all us lowly "regular" GT500 owners. Pulley, CAI, Tune, exhaust and Suspension upgrades would sell very well and the KR would be the car to showcase them.

That's why they make cars in the fiirst place, to make money

the next model will (uh should) always be better than the last one

the hook is set deep and I can't spit it out

Archived