TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, I've read the TSB on the two piece plugs in the 4.6 engine...mine unfortunately has the early style as I have the Black COPs, so Which Plugs should I replace the originals with? Is there a replacement stock heat range plug that is one piece that will fit these cars? Or are we stuck with the two piece design? Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated...I'd like to stay with stock type plug, Autolite or Motorcraft...I haven't pulled any of mine to see what it came with....kinda scared to tackle this, but the Dealer wants $298.00 to change plugs! Geezzzz...are the new ones Gold Plated? Only 31K on my car and coming up on being 3 years old...Car was built in September of 2007.

OK, I've read the TSB on the two piece plugs in the 4.6 engine...mine unfortunately has the early style as I have the Black COPs, so Which Plugs should I replace the originals with? Is there a replacement stock heat range plug that is one piece that will fit these cars? Or are we stuck with the two piece design? Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated...I'd like to stay with stock type plug, Autolite or Motorcraft...I haven't pulled any of mine to see what it came with....kinda scared to tackle this, but the Dealer wants $298.00 to change plugs! Geezzzz...are the new ones Gold Plated? Only 31K on my car and coming up on being 3 years old...Car was built in September of 2007.

One piece design, stock heat range.

http://championsparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?AAIA=1433389

One piece design, stock heat range.

http://championsparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?AAIA=1433389

+1 on the Champions

I used a torque wrench to take them off and spray (Kano - Aerokroil Penetrating Oi), let sit, 1/4 spray, let sit

Take your time and you will be fine.

Andrew

Did you say you have a black cop plugged in your car ???? :hysterical: sorry to my meds early wifes decision

Archived