TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-500KR hood for sale on E-bay

SHELBYCS6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That particular hood is on its 3rd relisting that I know of (I've been watching it in my "watch list").

As an interesting side note, the hood is nude which means that it came straight out of Plasan, not from Shelby or from the paint shop before Shelby gets it.

From what I've been told, Plasan sends them to a paint shop then Shelby gets them pre-painted, color matched to the car they are putting it on.

That means that one snuck out the back door of Plasan, which means it's very likely "stolen" (i.e. taken without permission).

Just my honest opinion, of course;

Phill

That particular hood is on its 3rd relisting that I know of (I've been watching it in my "watch list").

As an interesting side note, the hood is nude which means that it came straight out of Plasan, not from Shelby or from the paint shop before Shelby gets it.

From what I've been told, Plasan sends them to a paint shop then Shelby gets them pre-painted, color matched to the car they are putting it on.

That means that one snuck out the back door of Plasan, which means it's very likely "stolen" (i.e. taken without permission).

Phill

Phill, could it be that the 'third' run on Ebay means that people are on to that very thing...and either have some ethics, or are scared to get caught with *said* back door special? Hmmm.

the seller has been around longer then some of you on this forum and has sold these hoods before :shift:

Many MANY times.

This is just the only one that has been up for auction that is unpainted, which like I said, means it came STRAIGHT from Plasan, NOT from Shelby like he "claimed" the others came from.

Phill

Could be rejected pieces...........

That's possible...I hadn't thought of that.

Regardless, it *still* came straight out of Plasan and NOT Shelby.

Kind'a hard for Shelby to guarantee "exclusivity" when hoods are coming straight out of the Manufacturing source.....don'cha think?

Phill

$18,000?? And you still have to send back the original one right? I love all things Shelby and would be the last one to bad mouth them but that is BS. $18,000 from a KR owner who sends back their ORIGINAL hood. That ain't right.

But......it is to insure exclusivity!

Phill

I thought the exclusivity part was handled by shipping the original back to SA. Sorry KR owners, not nocking your stuff at all.

I can only repeat what I read....

Phill

And who from Shelby American gave you a $18,000 price?

That was the price Shelby originally quoted the guy in the "infamous" KR vs. Deer article that raised so much ire on the Internet forums.

Then apparently (according to the article) Shelby "negotiated" the price of a KR hood down to $11,000, which as far as I know is the *current* price for a KR hood from Shelby, unless something has changed since the article was written.

Iike I said to the other poster, I can only repeat what I read. And yes, I know...just because "I read it on the Internet" does NOT mean it's true!

Phill

That was the price Shelby originally quoted the guy in the "infamous" KR vs. Deer article that raised so much ire on the Internet forums.

Then apparently (according to the article) Shelby "negotiated" the price of a KR hood down to $11,000, which as far as I know is the *current* price for a KR hood from Shelby, unless something has changed since the article was written.

Iike I said to the other poster, I can only repeat what I read. And yes, I know...just because "I read it on the Internet" does NOT mean it's true!Phill

Phill...does this mean there's no Santa Claus? :cry::hysterical:

Phill

This thread needs to go away. Do a search, there are dozens of threads about the hoods and it's the same 'ol song and dance. Speedyman even came out of his hole to post....just like the groundhog.

We don't need a new thread every time a hood is posted on eBay. We know they're there.

This thread needs to go away. Do a search, there are dozens of threads about the hoods and it's the same 'ol song and dance. Speedyman even came out of his hole to post....just like the groundhog.

We don't need a new thread every time a hood is posted on eBay. We know they're there.

Who's "We"?

Sure we do! It breaks the monotony between the "oil" threads and the "widest tire" threads. :banghead:

I guess I don't fully understand the importance of a carbon fiber hood and splitter that combined cost half of a GT500.The Cervini fiberglass hood on my Cobra weighs half of the original and is tough as nails. The quality is also outstanding, as well as the price. Once its painted, what's the difference...especially on a car this fat!

It's a great looking hood! I would love to have one, but I'll wait for the 'glass version, and the 'glass price. It'll go nicely with my headrests...

post-21656-0-82776600-1298331254_thumb.jpg

post-21656-0-82776600-1298331254_thumb.jpg

Archived