TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT Interior Options?

GT500-2007

Did the 2008 Shelby GT come with different interior options? At a show today I saw an '08 with an all black non-leather stearing wheel, black dash inserts (not textured silver), a slightly different gauge package (missing water temp and oil gauge I think?) and no Shelby floor mats. Otherwise the car looked correct with all badging, suspension, under hood parts and Shelby plaques in place. The owner said that there was an interior upgrade option and that his vehicle was not fitted with this option. He said the mats were swipped at the dealership before the car was delivered and the dealer never made good on them.

I thought the interiors were all the same for the 2008 model year. Any of the experts have any insight on this? Was this a real 2008 Shelby GT or a very good clone?

My friend got pictures which includes the dash plate and series number. If you think it's a clone I'll post the CSM # for the registry.

Thanks!

GT

What you saw was a car without the IUP. Believe me, they made them because I have one. I was not taken with the way the IUP interior looked overall. So, I got the one you saw and then had the IUP steering wheel put on and the IUP gauge package retrofitted (a mega PITA as it turned out).

Jim

What you saw was a car without the IUP. Believe me, they made them because I have one. I was not taken with the way the IUP interior looked overall. So, I got the one you saw and then had the IUP steering wheel put on and the IUP gauge package retrofitted (a mega PITA as it turned out).

Jim

Thanks...it's the first time I saw one and although it didn't look bad I thought it was strange. Besides the dash pieces, steering wheel and the center gauges was there anything else that was included in the IUP? At times I am asked to judge the Mustang/Shelby class at local shows and I like to make sure I am up on all the nuiances of all the packages.

Thanks

GT

The SGT's were supposed to be all the same, however some did squeak by with tan leather, tan cloth, light grey leather and cloth, as well as black cloth and black leather.

Jim Clark is correct about the non IUP cars. They included black rubberized steering wheel, the base gauge pack and no dash aplique.

The IUP cars were available with a bright ( satin ) dash or a charcol dash aplique.

Chris.

OK...using my experience going through the ordering process VERY carefully with my dealer, the official 2007 Ford Hero card (later modified for 08) and the 2007 Ford Field Communications message EFC0601190, Ford and Shelby window stickers, 08 Order Guide and price list, etc., and 5 years of this back and forth, anyway, here is my understanding....so take it for what it's worth! :confused:

First you need to begin with what base car (body code) was ordered.

GT Coupe (T82)

GT Convertible (T85)

Then what version (Array code)

Deluxe (130A, 170A)

Premium (140A, 180A)

If you ordered a Deluxe you start with cloth seats, rubber steering wheel etc. If you ordered Premium you got leather seats, steering wheel, etc...

Next is the interior options you could order the IUP, which has already been outlined and most dealers just put that on the order. This said a dealer that wasn't the brightest bulb could order, for example, a Deluxe car and put on the IUP, or order a Premium car and not the IUP. Also IUP came in two flavors, the satin aluminum and a darker one called Woven Charcoal. A dealer could order all kinds of crazy combinations as long as they didn't order the following:

Interior Sport Appearance Package (18M)

GT Appearance Package (54G)

Premiere Interior Trim (68B)

Driver Ornamentation Package (18R)

GT Cal Special (54C)

Comfort Package (53B)

etc.

All this said, were however plenty of cars that made it though, for example the "Comfort Package", which made no sense to exclude anyway, where you got two heated and powered seats rather than one. This was a ordering software rules issue, and while the dealer would be told it wasn't allowed, if you entered it into the order it would have taken it and no one was the wiser. There were others like this as well.

Now...the interior color, contrary to popular belief, there was no interior color restriction. I've seen it said elsewhere here but no Shelby or Ford SGT documentation I have speaks to any sort of restriction because it's a Shelby GT. If someone has such documentation I will stand corrected.

There were however Ford restrictions based upon the above which I was told at the time I ordered but I can find no documentary evidence. When I ordered I was told the typical configuration was charcoal, but I could order charcoal/dove, or charcoal/parchment interiors. Again this in on top of the base car above. If you bought a Deluxe with a charcoal/parchment and no IUP you got a plastic dash inserts and cloth seats.

There are plenty of Mustang GT's with similar variances and it's the nature of these things. We are a closer knit group that talks and compares so the inconsistencies are more apparent to us than most.

But to be clear, all the documentation I have, and what was offered to me when I ordered, there were very few restrictions and no mandated single interior color for the SGT, it was as a dealer ordered it and different dealers ordered them differently, many with less care than you would hope hence some of the crazy combos I've seen.

Again this is my understanding from when I personally ordered my car and the supporting documentation I have.

BTW: Enclosed is the Ford info for 2008 that can be used for reference in addition to the info posted in the sticky Owner Information thread.

--------------

Chris is a Registrar so I will bow to his knowledge but while consistency may have been a goal I can find no documentation that any set of single interior options were "required". While I do read in the 07 and 08 dealer communications on the SGT state that a "deluxe" car, cloth and all, was allowed.

mustang08.price061307.pdf

2008_MustangOrderGuide.pdf

mustang08.price061307.pdf

2008_MustangOrderGuide.pdf

The IUP also gives you the info center and My color gauges. For what it's worth, I've also seen some light gray leather and tan cloth interiors out there. I think those were on '07s. Not sure if I've seen that on any '08s.

I have the light gray IUP interior. I have been told by sources that color is a relatively lower number produced and made into SGT.

So how many of you other SGT owners of 07 black or white cars have that color interior? Just curious!

Rich

Did the 2008 Shelby GT come with different interior options? At a show today I saw an '08 with an all black non-leather stearing wheel, black dash inserts (not textured silver), a slightly different gauge package (missing water temp and oil gauge I think?) and no Shelby floor mats. Otherwise the car looked correct with all badging, suspension, under hood parts and Shelby plaques in place. The owner said that there was an interior upgrade option and that his vehicle was not fitted with this option. He said the mats were swipped at the dealership before the car was delivered and the dealer never made good on them.

I thought the interiors were all the same for the 2008 model year. Any of the experts have any insight on this? Was this a real 2008 Shelby GT or a very good clone?

My friend got pictures which includes the dash plate and series number. If you think it's a clone I'll post the CSM # for the registry.

Thanks!

GT

post-18733-0-62653700-1297628103_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-79100000-1297628134_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-62653700-1297628103_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-79100000-1297628134_thumb.jpg

I had a thread here about a year ago regarding the steering wheels on the SGT's. From the responses I received, several of the cars that did not have the IUP upgraded interior had the leather and aluminum trimmed steering wheel, while others had the rubber steering wheel. I never have figured out the ordering code for this anomaly.

I had a thread here about a year ago regarding the steering wheels on the SGT's. From the responses I received, several of the cars that did not have the IUP upgraded interior had the leather and aluminum trimmed steering wheel, while others had the rubber steering wheel. I never have figured out the ordering code for this anomaly.

It was my understanding that if you bought a Deluxe GT with no IUP, but bought the leather seats, you also got a leather steering wheel. I only say that because this is what happened with my 05 GT but who knows! :headscratch:

Found it! I think! :headscratch:

You would leather seats and steering wheel if you ordered the:

18M

Sport Interior Appearance Package w/Color Accent (incl. leather-wrapped steering wheel w/satin aluminum spokes, aluminum pedal covers, satin aluminum-plated shifter lever w/automatic or bright shift knob w/manual transmission plus Black interior components (seats, carpet, mats, and front door panel inserts), Cloth or leather trimmed seats providing contrast in Graphite & Parchment Interiors)

Such fun!

:happy feet:

When we went to look at our black 07 the owner let us know it had cloth seats. My first response was to replace them with lather as soon as I could. But I will have to say these are the best bucket seats I have ever had. They are two toned charcoal with hundreds of little racing ponies on them. I am 6-4 235 lbs and leather buckets become very uncomfortable quickly. The guy I bought the car from was a engineer for FORD in Detroit and probably special ordered what he wanted. My question is, most of these had to be ordered with leather so just how many have the fancy cloth.

Sorry, should have said "fancy" cloth!

;-)

BTW, any 07 owners need a PDF of the 07 product guide? The one you would have picked up at the dealer? I can upload. Has a picture of the "fancy" cloth, which is cool looking! Ford did good with the Mustang GT cloth seats which are different than the V6 "not as fancy" cloth seats.

Sorry, should have said "fancy" cloth!

;-)

BTW, any 07 owners need a PDF of the 07 product guide? The one you would have picked up at the dealer? I can upload. Has a picture of the "fancy" cloth, which is cool looking! Ford did good with the Mustang GT cloth seats which are different than the V6 "not as fancy" cloth seats.

Email it to me please Jeff, just in case I don't already have it. Email link in my sig. Thanx

Chris

Jim

I also have a 2007 without the IUP. Because I too didn't like all of the IUP features. I changed the steering wheel and shifter boot with the GT500 version (with black stitching). I added the Shelby gauge pod and SGT headrests (not covers) and console cover. All this with Shelby's sig on the airbag cover and I have quite an awsome looking interior.

BTW, I was watching reruns of the Barrett-Jackson autions and I saw the sale of serial number one of the 2007 black SGT. The shot of the interior looked like it didn't have the IUP. It sold for $600,000 .

I have Dove Gray interior in my black SGT. I was told only about 300 have the Dove Gray interior. Not really sure but it looks fantastic.

Jim

I also have dove gray interior in my white SGT.

Did the '08's also come with a choice of the 3 interior colors or only black?

Chris,

Does that link only work for Shelby Team Members(Paid)?

Rich

Yes that link is from one of the "Club Members" only areas on Team Shelby. Below is a link to the benefits of being a Team Shelby Club Member.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/forum-110/announcement-21-join-team-shelby/

Steve

Archived