TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Mustang Survey

ShelbyPilot

I apologize if this has been debated already. I received an invitation to complete an online survey regarding my prefrences in future Mustangs. Here are some of the interesting options they asked about. I wasn't smart enough to write them down as I was completing the survey but I have a fairly good memory.

First and foremost, They asked about engine choices.

#1 a normally aspirated V6, it struck me as the standard V6

#2 370 HP 5.0 V8. We know about that.

#3 370 HP twin turbo V-6. I don't remember the displacement but I remember it had better milage.

Second, do you care who makes the engine: Mazda, Volvo, and there were two other Ford MoCo makes. Not Ford itself.

Third would you be interested in the following items and then they followed up if it cost this amount (and each had a value):

--steeringwheel paddle shifter

--six speed manual (it was like $150)

--Independent rear suspension

--adaptive speed control

--heated windshield washer fluid

--heated and cooled cup holders

OK, maybe my memory isn't quite as good as I thought. However, the I got the parts that struck me as interesting. They had the normal why do you choose a speciifc car (ie. performance, style, cost, mileage, name). There was nothing specific about styling changes. Again I apologize if this is old news. I hadn't seen it and it was interesting to me.

#1 a normally aspirated V6, it struck me as the standard V6 I don't care - not interested but I'm sure countless people are. Use the new 3.5.#2 370 HP 5.0 V8. We obviously know about that. Whatever.

#3 370 HP twin turbo V-6. I don't remeber the displacement but I remember it had better milage. No thanks.

Second, do you care who makes the engine: Mazda, Volvo, and there were two other Ford MoCo makes. Not Ford itself. Not necessarily. Personally I prefer DOHC, but whatever it is, make sure it's reliable and sweet sounding!

Third would you be interested in the following items and then they followed up if it cost this amount (and each had a value):

--steeringwheel paddle shifter. Great idea....I need radio controls there too.

--six speed manual (it was like $150) Yes!!!

--Independent rear suspension Reasonably priced? I'll take it.

--adaptive speed control No

--heated windshield washer fluid Huh?

--heated and cooled cup holders WTF?????

Archived