TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AACA Museum / Shelby: A Retrospective

mywickedshelby

Here is the link to more information on the Shelby Exhibit.............

http://www.aacamuseum.org/

I know there is a cruise planned to this museum on April 17th........but I just wanted to make sure everyone knows this Shelby exhibit opens tomorrow and lasts until April 24th.

For those who cant make the 17th, that doesnt have to mean missing the exhibit.

Also watch this site for interesting exhibits at the museum all year round.....

http://www.aacamuseum.org/exhibitions/

:salute:

Where is the cruise information?

the cruise for april 17th mentioned in a post by eagledriver today as follows:

I certainly don't want to give out bad info or speak for John.

I know the Hershey/Shelby show April 17th is in the works. John and I are working on getting a TS cruise to the show. The museum itself is still finalizing some details and a formal announcement should be made soon. I attended the SAAC show here held in October and they have a great area to stage cars and an awesome display. John will post the info up here once the details are available but save the date of April 17th for the time being.

The Carlisle show info is out and I can't even begin to describe how big this is going to be!! Carlisle is in my backyard and I take for granted that a 3,000+ car Ford show is a common occurance. Well, I have a feeling that records will be broken this year! Pray for good weather and I promise you that you will see Shelbys that have never before been seen and some blow-your-mind one of a kinds. Also, the sheer number of TS cars coming is incredible. Please remember to pre-register now though as the primary area can only hold a limited number and we want that area to be 100% TS cars.

I'll ask John to get the info up on the other events ASAP as I too need to plan around them

Andy

I would imagine since eagledriver says he is working on a cruise for that day with john keller, it would be one of them making the announcement....

i am not privy to details at this time.......sorry! :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the museum on Friday to check it out and to do a recon mission for John and the museum is very cool. In addition to the Shelby cars which were spectacular, the museum houses a vast array of antique cars, trucks, buses and bikes. Well worth the trip.

More detailed cruise info will be forthcoming.

BTW - A nice man named Don was at the info and ticket counter and when I told him why I was there his face lit up. He then proceded to tell me he owns a 289 Cobra (not original) and is ecstatic about the TS event on the 17th. He believes it might wind up being their biggest spectator event of the season - to see the cars inside AND outside.

it will be an awesome Shelby weekend with the Mays Landing event Saturday and the TS event on Sunday. Sunoco will be happy.

I went to the museum on Friday to check it out and to do a recon mission for John and the museum is very cool. In addition to the Shelby cars which were spectacular, the museum houses a vast array of antique cars, trucks, buses and bikes. Well worth the trip.

BTW - A nice man named Don was at the info and ticket counter and when I told him why I was there his face lit up. He then proceded to tell me he owns a 289 Cobra (not original) and is ecstatic about the TS event on the 17th. He believes it might wind up being their biggest spectator event of the season - to see the cars inside AND outside.

it will be an awesome Shelby weekend with the Mays Landing event Saturday and the TS event on Sunday. Sunoco will be happy.

My wife and I were there on friday, about 2 oclock. I didn't see any other shelby in the parking lot.

Thanks for the dry run Tony :shift: , sounds like this event will be alot of fun with low cost. working out the details on the cruises in with you and others. We'll get it together and post details by the end of the week.

April 17th Team Shelby Cruise to Antique Automobile Club of America Museum

Cruise to the AACA Museum’s Shelby Exhibition featuring some wonderful cars from Shelby’s past in addition to the other eclectic museum automotive displays. We are welcoming cars to register for the All Ford and Shelby Car Show being run by the museum. Form to register for the car show is here. The form has all the information pertaining to the car show. Registration fee of $10 for the car show includes entrance for one person to the museum. Pre-registration is due by April 10th. After April 10th, registration is $15.

I am organizing a cruise to the event for all Shelby’s, Mustang’s and Ford powered vehicles.

Meeting Place:

Ruby's Diner Parking Lot

160 N. Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406

Located at the King of Prussia Plaza between JC Penney and Sears

This location provides the most convenient meeting place for those coming from New Jersey, NE Pennsylvania and the Greater Philadelphia Area.

Meeting Time: 7:30am

Departure Time: 8:00am Sharp

Details:

Ruby’s Diner opens at 7:00am for those that might need a cup of Joe for the road or to use the restroom.

Please PM me if you would like to participate in the cruise to the event so I can have an idea of how many cars we will have. Please send me your cell phone number to add to my participant list and I will give you mine in case you might need to contact me.

Fuel:

It is about 90 miles from King of Prussia to the Museum – Please be sure you have enough fuel for the cruise before the cruise.

Sunoco: 290 S GULPH RD KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406

Open 24 Hours – 93 Octane Available

We will meet up with other Team Shelby Members at the Museum at 10:00am.

Details regarding the Car Show and the Team Shelby Event are being finalized and will be posted soon.

Hope the friends I meet at the Mays Landing event can make this trip and I hope the folks that could not make it to the NJ event can make this one

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in! :happy feet:

Just downloaded and filled out my registration to make if official. It will go in the mail tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Z-man

Archived