TEAM SHELBY FORUM

help-with terlingua

redlicktrout

1)would someone explain the terlingua deal to me

2)is shelby still doing the terlingua packages for 2007 v6 mustangs

3)which v6 model mustang does shelby require to build a terlingua

4) i've got a ter;ingua brochure,have called 3 times...they say my call will be returned...so far,no one has called...

5)I own a 1968 gt 350,2007 gt/sc,would like to own a terlingua,have spent over 22,000.00 with shelby,this is no way to treat a good customer

1)would someone explain the Terlingua deal to me

2)is shelby still doing the terlingua packages for 2007 v6 mustangs -

3)which v6 model mustang does shelby require to build a terlingua 4) i've got a ter;ingua brochure,have called 3 times...they say my call will be returned...so far,no one has called... -5)I own a 1968 gt 350,2007 gt/sc,would like to own a terlingua,have spent over 22,000.00 with shelby,this is no way to treat a good customer

Welcome to the group!

1) Absolutely. It is a post title package that can be done in a base or performance package. The package is completed at Shelby American Las Vegas or one of the authorized Mod shops: Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch, Texas or Tasca in Rhode Island. Also, Sean Hyland in Canada. The packages can be seen at http://www.shelbyautos.com/terlingua.asp as it sounds like you know.

As a Terlingua owner of the performance package the car has great acceleration and even better handling. I am including my email: vorpl8@yahoo.com. I can answer a host of specific questions if that is helpful. Just ask. I am a Shelby enthusiast and registrar and here to help.

2) Yes

3) They will provide it for the 2005 - 2009 V6 Mustangs. Any color in an auto or stick for a coupe.

4) I will make every effort to get your information to the right person and help get you moving. The car is really worth it.

5) Feel free to email me with any and all needs and questions. Also, I have an extensive electronic collection of articles about this model I can send your way.

David

David is the resident expert on all things Terlingua. He also lives in the Terlingua area.

You said "1)would someone explain the terlingua deal to me". Does this refer specifically to the '05-'09 mustang conversion or were you asking about all things Terlingua, like what is it and why is it important to Shelby?

There are many here who would be happy to share what Terlingua is all about, including myself.

4) i've got a ter;ingua brochure,have called 3 times...they say my call will be returned...so far,no one has called...

5)I own a 1968 gt 350,2007 gt/sc,would like to own a terlingua,have spent over 22,000.00 with shelby,this is no way to treat a good customer

Call Roger at Shelby - but ihear #####################! I know that several of them are also gone to Chicago for the auto show...

4) i've got a ter;ingua brochure,have called 3 times...they say my call will be returned...so far,no one has called...5)I own a 1968 gt 350,2007 gt/sc,would like to own a terlingua,have spent over 22,000.00 with shelby,this is no way to treat a good customer

Give the sales department a call at 702-942-7325 and ask for Steve or Jeremy. A little hint, try calling in the afternoon PST. The sales department is quite hectic in the morning with dozens of phone calls coming in, taking visitors on the morning factory tour and then answering their questions which takes up the whole morning on many days.

Steve

Be persistent, when my banker called and said send your routing numbers and still no returned phone call guess they don't need the business,stay with it, the Terlingua is a cool package, As 500-Vert noted a slight glitch is going on, take a big swig of kool-aid and keep dialing.

Doc Scott

You could also call directly to one of the Mod Shops and work the "system" that way.

Most of my dealings were with the Tasca Mod Shop and not SAI.

Quantum Performance might be the closest one to you. Many of us had our Bunnies built at a Mod Shop and not in Las Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished my unofficial Terlingua/CS6 if you will, they no longer offer the Terlingua package as it was not selling enough, the CS6 package is available in pieces no decals are available either. I was able to get a trunk badge and a couple decals. They did piece my car together with CS and Terlingua Parts. It has the rear end, suspension, Paxton, Intercooler, rear Borla exhaust, Way too many things to list. Its been labeled a CS. I have the Terlingua hood and the new fiberglass front bumper. It handles well and makes good power for a v6 and was way less, but none the less not the real Terlingua. It was done by CJ, Gill, Carl, Juan at Shelby Autos and over at Shelby American Las Vegas motor speedway.

I just finished my unofficial Terlingua/CS6 if you will, they no longer offer the Terlingua package as it was not selling enough, the CS6 package is available in pieces no decals are available either. I was able to get a trunk badge and a couple decals. They did piece my car together with CS and Terlingua Parts. It has the rear end, suspension, Paxton, Intercooler, rear Borla exhaust, Way too many things to list. Its been labeled a CS. I have the Terlingua hood and the new fiberglass front bumper. It handles well and makes good power for a v6 and was way less, but none the less not the real Terlingua. It was done by CJ, Gill, Carl, Juan at Shelby Autos and over at Shelby American Las Vegas motor speedway.

post-32605-0-79781300-1305601848_thumb.jpg

post-32605-0-79781300-1305601848_thumb.jpg

They are no longer offering the Terlingua???

They are no longer offering the Terlingua???

Yes, this also confuses me??? The Terlingua is still listed as an available model on the home page and just as recent as a few weeks ago, SA said that the Terlingua was still available? :headscratch:

It is also my understanding the Terlingua packages are no longer being offered; although, my assumption is through rumor. I, too, would like to know what the true situation is. Roger? :headscratch:

:banghead: Guess I'll stop looking for that V6 Convertible I was looking to get done. Of course I could get my convertible, then try to track the parts down myself once I'm ready.

This is what I would do:

Buy a 2011 or 2012 V6 donor car.

Have it converted to the GTS package.

Once you get it back you can do your own "Terlingua package". All you really need is to put a graphics package on it and find/fabricate a side exit exhaust.

That will give you a "real" Shelby with a CSM # and its the next best thing. Plus with a S/C your at 475HP or so.

Yes, this also confuses me??? The Terlingua is still listed as an available model on the home page and just as recent as a few weeks ago, SA said that the Terlingua was still available? :headscratch:

I have to retract my statement. I thought it was something I read on here about the available models, but it was in a magazine last month talking about the available Shelby models, not SA. But you can always believe what the media says right?

Bummer about no more Terligua's for the folks that wanted them. I was considering it when my job situation changes here soon, but not for sure. There's some cool new stuff coming out that will be must have's some day! :) I've really got to concentrate on my current projects first anyhow. I need to finish my '93 Lightning rebuild, the '54 Ford for Carrie, the '69 Datsun 2000 roadster (which I'm thinking new 5.0 now). So I don't need any interuptions in the money supply anyhow!! :hysterical:

David,

Now that the run has ended. Can you gather the exact number? It should be somewhere north of 40 from your earlier posts.

Hi Don,

As soon as possible you bet.

David

Archived