TEAM SHELBY FORUM

36/36 warranty almost up!

I have just under 3200 miles on the odometer and my 36/36 warranty due to time will expire in ten days.

Any suggestions on anything that should be checked?

How about problems that may turn up with future mileage?

(Have had no issues at this point).

I have just under 3200 miles on the odometer and my 36/36 warranty due to time will expire in ten days.

With only 3200 miles, you may want to break the engine in :hysterical:

I can't talk, I've only put 3500 miles on in 6 months with my 2011 GT500, though it is my daily driver.

I bought the Ford extended warranty program premier version and added another 3 years and up to 36k miles for 600.00

Well, the items I had fixed under warranty were faulty clutch, bad cat converter and broken exhaust hanger. It's unlikely that you could tell if any of those items are about to happen!

Thanks for the laugh!!! :hysterical: I hear what you are saying. After this weekend of drivng to a superbowl party I found out once again why I bought this great car.

Will be putting more miles on soon. Just never drive in rain or bad weather or when I feel it needs a wash job.

With only 3200 miles, you may want to break the engine in :hysterical:

I can't talk, I've only put 3500 miles on in 6 months with my 2011 GT500, though it is my daily driver.

How about the tsb on replacing the two piece spark plugs with the one piece plugs, will the ford warranty pay for that to be done? Just wondering?

Coldfingers

Not sure about the Two piece and one piece plug bulletin.

Have some info on this?

If you look on the second page, about two thirds of the way down, under the shelby gt mod. and tech column there is a thread about spark plugs. In that thread they talk about the bulliten on replacing the spark plugs. I haven't had time to check yet to see if the dealer will do this for us or not.

Coldfingers

If you look on the second page, about two thirds of the way down, under the shelby gt mod. and tech column there is a thread about spark plugs. In that thread they talk about the bulliten on replacing the spark plugs. I haven't had time to check yet to see if the dealer will do this for us or not.

Coldfingers

Thanks for the info!

Same thing for me here. I have about 25K and my warranty will expire on 04/18

The scoop has to be replaced and maybe the strips also.

I will check the hood pins for any corrosion.

Any other things to watch out for?

What about any mechanical parts?

What TSBs MUST be done before the warranty expires?

Thanks for your help.

Load test your Battery just to make sure it's in good shape.

I replaced mine today with only 6400 miles on it.

I put the warranty replacement in the Roush and installed a light weight Braille in the SGT.

Not from rubbing, the black plastic piece that goes around the outside fades or looks like its peeling off, also the paint on the pony emblem came off on mine, the replacement looks like new again.

Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

If you have any ripples in the stripes where the hood & hood scoop meet they may be brittle & cracking open by now. If not now, then soon enough.

I too am interested in any necessary TSBs to address...I did have to replace my front amplifier last month.

The scoop was covered under the warranty and will be replaced with a newer version that does not flex and cause damage to the stripes. "If" your stripes are damaged by the scoop's movement then it's been the experience of most, including me, is that Ford will pay to have the hood stripes replaced.

The scoop was covered under the warranty and will be replaced with a newer version that does not flex and cause damage to the stripes. "If" your stripes are damaged by the scoop's movement then it's been the experience of most, including me, is that Ford will pay to have the hood stripes replaced.

Thanks for the info.

I've been taking a deep breathe and overlooking the ripples in the vinyl stripes where the scoop was riveted on. Been that way since purchased 3 yrs ago. Stupid though because I wasn't taking into account that some day those vinyl ripples will get old, brittle, crack, & start holding water. Found cracking a few days ago, with 1 week before warranty expires. Replacement job in the works...waiting to get the nod from Big Ford.

Thanks for the info.

I've been taking a deep breathe and overlooking the ripples in the vinyl stripes where the scoop was riveted on. Been that way since purchased 3 yrs ago. Stupid though because I wasn't taking into account that some day those vinyl ripples will get old, brittle, crack, & start holding water. Found cracking a few days ago, with 1 week before warranty expires. Replacement job in the works...waiting to get the nod from Big Ford.

Ford dealership ended up replacing stripes 3 times. Finally painted them on for $200 to save having to wait another month.

I would run it pretty good for a few miles at top "legal" speed. Check the rear differential for fluid overflow. I had the TSB to stop the fluid from getting all over the back of the car. I didn't know about the problem until I noticed the leak while running a "legal" 130 at the track.

If convertible, check the top. They have a TSB for that also.

I paid $700 for extended warranty to cover all original parts for 4 extra years. Considering how I use the car I'm certian it will pay for itself!

Ford dealership ended up replacing stripes 3 times. Finally painted them on for $200 to save having to wait another month.

It's important to note that if the dealership messes up the stripe installation the next set of stripes is on their dime! So, for example, if they install them and they are more than 1" apart and you object, they will need to pay Shelby full retail to get a new set and they will have to pay the labor out of pocket. So if a dealer keeps messing up the $$$ keeps going up!

I would run it pretty good for a few miles at top "legal" speed. Check the rear differential for fluid overflow. I had the TSB to stop the fluid from getting all over the back of the car. I didn't know about the problem until I noticed the leak while running a "legal" 130 at the track.

If convertible, check the top. They have a TSB for that also.

I paid $700 for extended warranty to cover all original parts for 4 extra years. Considering how I use the car I'm certian it will pay for itself!

I'll probably paint them on too if the vinyl keeps being a problem. I have a little peel on the bottom of my door Ford's taking care of (got the ok today), replacing the hood stripes & scoop because of the ripples, and have a nick in the very front. Also had the waterspots the very first time I had it out in the rain, but went home & dried it off, and have never seen them again. $200 stripes? You sure you don't want to just pinstripe that badboy?

Thanks for the TSBs. Not a vert, but I'll test that diff tomorrow.

Thanks for all the insights everybody. Thanks for the info Jeff. Real good to know. In my case the dealership is having a Shelby approved body shop do it, so will try to talk with them soon. The dealership said we have 2 days to approve the stripe color match after we receive them, they're sending the new scoop as well. They also said the car has to sit for 3 days after the scoop's riveted on. As if to cure.

Archived