TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay Info

TomKII

First Post

I've been lurking for at least 9 months. I wanted to thank everyone in this forum for all of the great info that I have gathered along the way. I've never posted before b/c I didn't have anything additional to contribute that had not already been said.

Anyway, I think that the attached file could possibly be useful to some, when it comes time to negotiate price. The info is for every GT500 that has had an ebay aution end date of Jan 6, 2007 - March 2, 2007 (252 cars, including relists). The graphs are the way they are b/c I am buying a GO coupe in the Northeast. Feel free to manipulate the data as needed. If someone has more/better info, please share.

For those who don't believe in Ebay prices, that's fine; this is for those who believes that any info is better than no info.

If others find this useful, please let me know and I will post updates for at least another month.

Download the file, and then change the extention from ".htm" to ".xls" - I can't upload an excel file.

Shelby___Ebay1.htm

My car is to be delivered on March 13th. :headspin:

Tom

Shelby___Ebay1.htm

First Post

I've been lurking for at least 9 months. I wanted to thank everyone in this forum for all of the great info that I have gathered along the way. I've never posted before b/c I didn't have anything additional to contribute that had not already been said.

Anyway, I think that the attached file could possibly be useful to some, when it comes time to negotiate price. The info is for every GT500 that has had an ebay aution end date of Jan 6, 2007 - March 2, 2007 (252 cars, including relists). The graphs are the way they are b/c I am buying a GO coupe in the Northeast. Feel free to manipulate the data as needed. If someone has more/better info, please share.

For those who don't believe in Ebay prices, that's fine; this is for those who believes that any info is better than no info.

If others find this useful, please let me know and I will post updates for at least another month.

Download the file, and then change the extention from ".htm" to ".xls" - I can't upload an excel file.

Shelby___Ebay1.htm

Tom

Nice Chart! Thanks.

Welcome TomKII,

I am glad you decided to chime on in. Thanks for the e-bay info. Sounds like your GRABBER ORANGE COUPE will be here just about the same time as mine. Nice choice on colors. Welcome to the GO team.

Nerd alert: Nothing sexier than a good spreadsheet (well almost nothing)!

With the exception of confirmed "winning bids" or "Buy It Now's," it is virtually impossible to determine the actual selling price. I'm assuming that for those listings marked as "Y" under the "Sold" column that it was a result of a winning bid or Buy It Now, and the selling price is therefore accurate.

I created a pivot table to compare the average amount Over MSRP for sold vs not sold. The result shows that the average of Over MSRP is about $2000 higher for listings marked as sold. This tells you that the actual selling prices are trending above the high bids. This is in fact the case for just about any car/truck, however what is telling is the relatively small difference between the average non-winning bid and the average selling price (the average spread is much larger for say an F150). I think this is a good indicator of the strength of the market.

Specifically, the average Over MSRP for sold units is $12,592 with a standard deviation of $2,960. Normally that means that you can count on 68% of units sold went for $12592 +/- 2960, however a quick glance at the data shows that one standard deviation covers all but a handful (about 80% of actual sales occured within that range). This confirms what we all pretty much know to be true and that is that these cars are selling for $10-$15k over.

In case you're wondering, the average non-winning high-bid was $10,837 +/- $3,300 over MSRP.

Excellent work! That took alot of time and patience to complete. Thank you for sharing this information and Welcome Aboard! :party2:

OMG

that's a 2 beer spreadsheet

nice work

interesting info

First Post

Shelby___Ebay1.htm

Tom

great sheet keep up the good work, would love to see it continue, i am going to purchase a 2008 so i hope when they come out you are still doing this

Archived