TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Taking Care of the Stripes

reesej

I have never had a Mustang with stripes prior to this Black Shelby, do I need to do anything different in terms of waxing, cleaning and maintenance for the stripes to keep them looking new(which they are)? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Jim

I have never had a Mustang with stripes prior to this Black Shelby, do I need to do anything different in terms of waxing, cleaning and maintenance for the stripes to keep them looking new(which they are)? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Jim

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/65/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm

This stuff works great! Search other posts for the negative effects of using petroleum/solvent based protectants on vinyl.

post-21656-0-88673700-1297168098_thumb.jpg

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/65/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm

This stuff works great! Search other posts for the negative effects of using petroleum/solvent based protectants on vinyl.

Thanks, have to give it a try. The stripes have become a major concern of mine also.

Does the polymer products for the paint have any ill effects on the stripes or should those be avoided as well as the petro based products? I have always used mothers and maguire spray car show shine on my other cars.

Jim

Does the polymer products for the paint have any ill effects on the stripes or should those be avoided as well as the petro based products? I have always used mothers and maguire spray car show shine on my other cars.

Jim

I've always kept my stripes CLEAN. I don't drive in the rain or snow and I always keep a cover on the car when not driving it. I use Mequires wash, NXT wax and Ultimate spray cleaner and shine. I also clay bar twice a year before I wax. I've had mt 2007 black SGT for 4 years and haven't had one problem with spots or anything else with the stipes. I don't have a garage but the cover is doing a great job.

Archived