TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Eagledriver,

I don't know if you remember me ,but I met you at the hershey show.

I got my stuff for carlisle and they say to come in gate 3. You say to come in gate 1. This is my first time at Carlisle,can I get in gate 1?

Should the window sticker be a certain color, not sure how it is done, by class or area?

edgoods,

What car were you driving? I met so many members at that show! Yes, the info does say gate 3. The ONLY people allowed through gate 1 are the TS reunion owners period. Gate 1 is the main spectator entrance and the main Shelby entrance. So, the most direct way is to come through gate 1 and you'll check in with me to park. If traffic is crazy or you get funneled to gate 3 NO worries. You'll get to meet Mrs. Eagledriver who will show you the shortcut from gate 3 to gate 1 which is only about 300 yards long.

You'll have to pass us at gate 1 to get to gate 3 so you can't miss us.

David,

Yes the stickers are color coded according to class and area. so in reality there will be 6 to 10 colors in the TS area. The stickers are printed all at one time according to the individual car type and date registered and don't specify Team Shelby on them. But no worries because I will be personally verifying the TS member cars as we park them. Your GT500 and your Boss will most likely have 2 different colors which is fine. Normally on the showfield you are assigned a specific area to park with your specific car class. But since TS is taking the reserved area we have a lot more freedom to group cars as needed. I have a real good layout to park the cars by classes but if need be we can modify it as we see the parking filling up.

Also, I don't want to give too much away yet but as TS members you will be voted on (in your own class) by the rest of the showfield (as if you were in the general showfield) and be eligible for a TS only event/show. John Keller is going to post the details soon once everything has been completely finalized.

Eagledriver,

I have a 08 gt500 vapor w/black stripes and flush mount side louvers.We got there earlier than you and where already parked in a different area when i saw you. Thank you for the info. My son fast_eddie1968 will be at the Ford Racing area and will be doing installs all weekend. Are you going to the event on May 29 in Kimberton,Pa I think it is held by Valley Forge Mustang Club and American Muscle?

Thanks again, Ed

Eagledriver,

I have a 08 gt500 vapor w/black stripes and flush mount side louvers.We got there earlier than you and where already parked in a different area when i saw you. Thank you for the info. My son fast_eddie1968 will be at the Ford Racing area and will be doing installs all weekend. Are you going to the event on May 29 in Kimberton,Pa I think it is held by Valley Forge Mustang Club and American Muscle?

Thanks again, Ed

Ah, I remember now! I talked with your son quite a bit, nice Shelby! Weather permitting I'll try to make it out the VF show. Starting on Monday 5/30 I'll be making sure Carlisle is ready for the great Shelby invasion.

See you soon

Andy

Eagledriver,

Thanks again, Ed

AmericanMuscle holds their own thing usually in September at the same place as the May 29th event hosted by VFMC

edgoods,

What car were you driving? I met so many members at that show! Yes, the info does say gate 3. The ONLY people allowed through gate 1 are the TS reunion owners period. Gate 1 is the main spectator entrance and the main Shelby entrance. So, the most direct way is to come through gate 1 and you'll check in with me to park. If traffic is crazy or you get funneled to gate 3 NO worries. You'll get to meet Mrs. Eagledriver who will show you the shortcut from gate 3 to gate 1 which is only about 300 yards long.

You'll have to pass us at gate 1 to get to gate 3 so you can't miss us.

David,

Yes the stickers are color coded according to class and area. so in reality there will be 6 to 10 colors in the TS area. The stickers are printed all at one time according to the individual car type and date registered and don't specify Team Shelby on them. But no worries because I will be personally verifying the TS member cars as we park them. Your GT500 and your Boss will most likely have 2 different colors which is fine. Normally on the showfield you are assigned a specific area to park with your specific car class. But since TS is taking the reserved area we have a lot more freedom to group cars as needed. I have a real good layout to park the cars by classes but if need be we can modify it as we see the parking filling up.

Also, I don't want to give too much away yet but as TS members you will be voted on (in your own class) by the rest of the showfield (as if you were in the general showfield) and be eligible for a TS only event/show. John Keller is going to post the details soon once everything has been completely finalized.

I don't know how many 40ths are coming, but is there any attempt at grouping us in the TS area?

I don't know how many 40ths are coming, but is there any attempt at grouping us in the TS area?

That's the plan. There are several registered now. Depends how many show up but if enough do they will be grouped together.

Don't worry , we have the 40ths covered.

Shelbyera08,

Thanks for correcting me .I thought that American Muscle was to be there

Ed

AmericanMuscle ppl set up a booth at the VFMC show, i think they are building a 2011 5.0 Mustang, so that would probably be there with their other project cars

This will be our first time at carlise should be there around noon on thursday should we come to the fairgrounds first and see how its set up .Sorry newbie any help would be nice. thanks DAVE

Yeah,thats usually what I do.Take care of any registration/goodybag stuff, then check out who's there early & what vendors are there!

I'll be pulling in round 12:00 Thurs as well,swapping my Registration checking from the Brown 70' Mach (ate a Cam Bearing) to the White 07' Gt500. I'll look for you....

Chris

This will be our first time at carlise should be there around noon on thursday should we come to the fairgrounds first and see how its set up .Sorry newbie any help would be nice. thanks DAVE

Dave

We could always use an extra hand setting up the TS area. I'll be there all day at Gate #1. When you get there look me up. Thursday is also a good day to see the layout of the area without thousands of cars and tens of thousands of spectators.

See you in Carlisle!

Andy

Dave

We could always use an extra hand setting up the TS area. I'll be there all day at Gate #1. When you get there look me up. Thursday is also a good day to see the layout of the area without thousands of cars and tens of thousands of spectators.

See you in Carlisle!

Andy

OK then iam bringing a buddy of mine with me if you need some help we can do that so thats what we will plan on doing then .Cant wait to meet everybody

I received mine too...

:yahoo:

Car is ready to roll. :shift:

11 days to go...

:salute:

Any one driving in Friday morning via 176 from the east? And/Or is there a local place we can meet up and roll in together? Have breakfast? Suggestions please....

Archived