TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

Team Shelby & Carlisle Ford Nationals are proud to announce “Shelby Reunion” featuring “The Hall Of Kings” as an Official Team Shelby North East Region Event.

Adjacent to the building that will house the KR Invitational there will be a designated area where Team Shelby members and other Shelby enthusiasts can show and display there cars. This area will also feature other Shelby displays and events.

It is important that you pre register..... space is limited and this will reserve your spot at the Shelby Reunion area.

Click HERE to pre register. In the club drop down pic Team Shelby North East...

For more information on Carlisele Ford Nationals Click Here

See you in Carlisle!!!

STAY TUNED!

MORE GOOD THINGS ARE YET TO COME.

AND IT’S GOING TO BE A HELL OF A RIDE…

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Shelby & Carlisle Ford Nationals are proud to announce "Shelby Reunion" featuring "The Hall Of Kings" as an Official Team Shelby North East Region Event.

Adjacent to the building that will house the KR Invitational there will be a designated area where Team Shelby members and other Shelby enthusiasts can show and display there cars. This area will also feature other Shelby displays and events.

In the VERY near future there will be a link here to register for this event.

Stay tuned for more details….

Cool - subscribed to thread.

Already registered and have motel reservations for the weekend. This will be my 12th All-Ford Carlisle event but first with my Shelby. Always a great time and I look forward to seeing all my Mustang friends I've made over the years.

Below is a picture I took at the 2005 Carlisle event and a Shelby GT-500 on display at the Ford tent. At the time they had not quoted a horsepower number but 450 and 475 were numbers being speculated on forums and in magazines. As I was talking to one of the Ford engineers about it he just smiled and said, "See that number on the rocker panel, it's there for a reason". At the time I could not have imagined a regular production with 500 hp and a warranty, however I now own one with 550 and a warranty. B)

IMAG0009a.JPG

IMAG0009a.JPG

I can't even begin to describe how HUGE this is going to be! Being a part of Carlisle is big but now Team Shelby is going to be the biggest part of the biggest show in the country. Quite simply put : You need to attend this show. We have cars literally coming from all across the country for this event. We have been given the PRIME real estate for the show ( think row 1 50-yard line for you football lovers) and it will be the first thing that the over FIFTY THOUSAND spectators will see. This is truly going to be a historic event and one you can not miss! SAI and Team Shelby are going to knock this event out of the park!!

When I organized the GT500KR "Hall of Kings" display for the show I had no idea it would progress to this size. John Keller has brought this event to where it is now. He has really gone the extra mile for this event.

You need to pre-register using the "Team Shelby Reunion" option soon as this area will fill up long before June. I have a feeling there will need to be an alternate Shelby area as the primary one will be filled to capacity. You need to register now to secure a primary spot for this historic event.

And to think that this is only ONE of the events for the North East Team Shelby region this season. Whew, gas 'em up and hit the road!

Andy

I can't even begin to describe how HUGE this is going to be! Being a part of Carlisle is big but now Team Shelby is going to be the biggest part of the biggest show in the country. Quite simply put : You need to attend this show. We have cars literally coming from all across the country for this event. We have been given the PRIME real estate for the show ( think row 1 50-yard line for you football lovers) and it will be the first thing that the over FIFTY THOUSAND spectators will see. This is truly going to be a historic event and one you can not miss! SAI and Team Shelby are going to knock this event out of the park!!

When I organized the GT500KR "Hall of Kings" display for the show I had no idea it would progress to this size. John Keller has brought this event to where it is now. He has really gone the extra mile for this event.

You need to pre-register using the "Team Shelby Reunion" option soon as this area will fill up long before June. I have a feeling there will need to be an alternate Shelby area as the primary one will be filled to capacity. You need to register now to secure a primary spot for this historic event.

And to think that this is only ONE of the events for the North East Team Shelby region this season. Whew, gas 'em up and hit the road!

Andy

I would like to thank Andy for all his hard work putting together the “Hall Of Kings”

His efforts are very much appertained….

That’s Shelby Team work at it’s finest…

Decisions.... decisions..... I hate to pre reg for anything because of the great weather we have here in Pennsylvania.... :banghead:

I've been there enough times now that I tell people to bring shorts and t-shirt, sweater, jacket and long pants, plus a rain coat because you can see three of the four seasons over the three-day weekend. However, several years ago we had hail on Saturday night so now I've seen a four (LOL). It's always a great time and the few times it's rained, I've really felt bad for the vendors. I always bring back a trunk load of parts and memorabilia and leave a bunch of money behind. :spend:

... take lots of photos :camera:

... and have lots fun :dance:

May have to dig into the airline miles for this one.

I know I will have a Shelby to drive when I get there - right John? - Fadi?

Michael

I'm trying to figure out how to get both Shelbys there. I'm working with Andy on something but if you can get here, I think the 500 will be yours to drive. Just promise you won't shift before the redline. I live about an hour away from the venue and could pick you up at phl if needed.

I can't wait, it's going to be a road trip to remember with my 11 year old son as my co pilot. If there are any TS members near Ottawa going, let me know, we can start a Canadian convoy.

Thanks Andy for all of your help with putting some of the details together.

See you there!

I'm bummed...this event takes place on a weekend between two weekends I've already planned, namely the Lime Rock Grand Am race and the Pocono NASCAR race...I just can't swing it... :banghead:

I am really looking forward to this. Thanks Andrew for all the work that went into it. I will pray for good weather!!!

When will a flyer for this event be ready? I want to forward it to the two car clubs here in NY.

Gary

Michael

I'm trying to figure out how to get both Shelbys there. I'm working with Andy on something but if you can get here, I think the 500 will be yours to drive. Just promise you won't shift before the redline. I live about an hour away from the venue and could pick you up at phl if needed.

Hey Tony,

I'm working on getting Michael out here but if he can't make it and things don't work with Andy let me know I can help you get your 500 over

When I registered the Shelby reunion option was not available, but club affiliation was and I put Team Shelby.

Do I need to chang anything, and how do I?

I tried to PM you but I got the "member can't access PMs" error.

When did you pre-register? Also, if you could PM me your registration info I'll get it changed to the TS primary area.

I'll need (if you have it):

Full name

Regis #

Car type/year

when you registered

and I assume you selected "other" under club and typed in Team Shelby?

Let me know and I'll get your registration switched over with no problems. Just PM me the above info and consider it done.

Thanks

Andy

When I registered the Shelby reunion option was not available, but club affiliation was and I put Team Shelby.

Do I need to chang anything, and how do I?

I did the same as you. Maybe we're both wrong? Any recommendation on accommodations, I was looking in Mechanicsville, since Carlisle looks full.

I did the same as you. Maybe we're both wrong? Any recommendation on accommodations, I was looking in Mechanicsville, since Carlisle looks full.

The online registration for the "Team Shelby Reunion" just went online Monday 2/7. Please register under that option to secure a primary spot.

If you had previously registered before that date and typed in Team Shelby for the club affiliation under the "other clubs" category you will be fine and can relax until June.

If you registered before 2/7 and did NOT indicate Team Shelby as your club affiliation please let me know ASAP so we can get your Shelby in the primary area and registration corrected.

I am really excited for our area this year. For those who haven't been to the show yet I can't stress enough the pre-registration. You'll get a small window sticker that will allow you drive in entrance to the show in a matter of seconds vs. the loooooong wait to register at show time. Think 3000 cars trying to register at one time vs being able to drive right in without stopping to your spot.

As far as hotels I'm finding the same thing. I'm working to find available rooms for TS owners. Mechanicsburg not ville is a fine location and probably the best all around area to stay at. Very secure,well patrolled and a bit nicer hotels. A bunch of new hotels have just opened in the last 12 months or so within 20 mins to the show so I'm checking those out.

See you in June!

Andy

Woohoo! I'll register asap...

Also, do you have a hotel? Some place we can all stay together?

Working on this now. It will certainly be a task to say the least as most groups reserve their rooms a year in advance. I can assure everyone though that this is at the top of the list for next year. I'm working with John and will keep everyone posted.

oops - almost forgot about this. Just registered. Do we know how many are signed up at this point?

Not sure yet, working on getting other Shelbys owners who are "dual" club members (TS member and member of a local mustang club) aware of the TS reunion area. I can say though that this is increasing at an awesome rate!

Just registered... looking forward to the event. Thanks for getting this organized.

I was very excited to read about the autocross portion. I've been happy to represent Shelby for

New England Region SCCA events with my SGT, so I'm hoping to repeat success there as well.

Now if you ever want to experience the SGT in its native element, sign up yours to play when

you're there.

In fact, if there are any other events planned in the Northeast that involves autocrossing and

Team Shelby, I'd love to hear about them.

-Tom

Does anyone know the rule for when you can arrive or depart? I would like to do this but might have to leave early on one or more days.

Thanks

I don't know the rules but, I have seen cars come and go at all times of the day. I don't think leaving early would be an issue but, it gets filled up quick so I think you should get there by 9AM. (I usually attend there on Saturdays only since I'm only about 2 1/4 hours away.) Sunday is a much quieter day and most people leave early.

Rich

Archived