TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

Thanks for sharing, so nice to see another Team Shelby event close to home. Sorry I couldn't be part of it this year. Looks like everyone had a great time.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone that helped make this event so fantastic. It was my fo\irst Carlisle event and I had a blast. Huge thanks to Andy and John for all their months of hard work negotiating with Carlisle, answering all the calls and emails from everyone and pulling off a super event. Thanks also to David, Jonathan, Dee and John from Florida for all their help shuttling my cars for me.

post-27177-0-83606100-1307321965_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-33616200-1307321980_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-83606100-1307321965_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-33616200-1307321980_thumb.jpg

We want to thank Andy, John, and everyone else who worked so hard at planning and coordinating the "Hall of Kings" dispay and Team Shelby reunion. We had a great time in spite of the dust and rain. We caught up with old friends from prior events, met new friends, and had the chance to enjoy great food and great cars. Even the kids (11 and 9), who are always bored unless they are playing video games, enjoyed the whole event.. They were so tired after the parade Saturday night that they started to fall asleep while we were waiting for dinner to be served. I don't think it will be too hard to convince them to come back to Carlisle another year.

Thanks again to everyone for making our first visit to Carlisle truly memorable.

Mike & Donna

Fri/Sat at Carlisle for the All-Ford Nationals. I had my camera, but forgot it when I walked the grounds. So all I have below are from the Special Display area.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/jhe12345/Carlisle%20KR%20invitational%20and%20TS%20NE%20reunion/?albumview=slideshow

Nice meeting you there man!

dadteamshelby.jpg

I have a few more pics.. but most of them got messed up since I was using my phone as a camera and it wasn't doing so good saving them to the card.

Hope to see you at a few more local events..

I gotta tell you though.. after this event.. plus seeing so many gt500's.. I am really wanting to get one now.. If my twinturbo Z guys heard me say that.. they'd kill me :)

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Though I didn't get to stick around too long, it was AWESOME seeing all of the cars in one place. The Hall of Kings blew me away!!!! John great job!!!!!

It was also nice to see Gary P again!! Sam, it's always a pleasure. Juan, was also great to see you again my friend!!!! And John, it was also great seeing you again too!!! Maybe next year I will be able to spend more time. Oh, it was also nice to run into John S. and his SS again---long time no see my friend :)

Bud

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

I think Gary was calling everybody to the car. I think this is when he started her up--sure did draw a crowd :)

Picture007.jpg

I had a great time this past weekend and had a chance to make a lot of friends.

I had a blast hanging with John, Tony, Sam (Busey), Robert, Gary, and Juan........hope I wasn't too nutty for you guys !!

Andy, you did a hell of a job. That's my pat on the back for you!

I'll be at the 2012 Bash for you "Shelby" folks.......

...don't worry, you haven't seen the last of "fiacobra" !!

Had a fantastic weekend at Ford Nationals in Carlisle. Folkin unbelievable... :drop:

Highlight was getting to meet wonderful people from Team Shelby and beyond. :salute:

But I'll never forget driving this car for 2+ hours in the Carlisle parade and beyond! :drop::drop:

IMG_2824.jpg

It is the one and only 800 hp 2011 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake... The same car displayed at the NYC auto show in April. :superhero:

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

Jim Owens of Ford SVT asked me to do a smokie in the parade. I was the first car in front of the Carlisle girls... Lucky Hunter... :drool:

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

Can you imagine the impact on a 12 year old kid? Priceless...

IMG_2838.jpg

Gary Patterson... :superhero:

IMG_2840.jpg

Carlisle Girls... :drool:

IMG_2846.jpg

I'm still numb.... :headspin:

Tony your GT350 is next! :finger:

Tony your GT350 is next! :finger:

You missed out brotha'. Sunday was test drive day for eagledriver and j&dgt500. You might want to check with them about their experience. Those who went home early were dismissed from the lottery. :hysterical:

I got ya covered next time gator. Nice hangin' with you and your boy.

But I'll never forget driving this car for 2+ hours in the Carlisle parade and beyond! :drop::drop:

Or letting the alarm go off for 10 minutes while parked at the street party during the filming of the award presentation to Calisle execs while Andy runs around like a madman to get the keys from you :rant2:

It's all good... That smile you had will take weeks to wear off from the parade! Glad you and your son had the chance to take her for a spin ( albeit sloooww) LOL

You missed out brotha'. Sunday was test drive day for eagledriver and j&dgt500. You might want to check with them about their experience. Those who went home early were dismissed from the lottery. :hysterical:

I got ya covered next time gator. Nice hangin' with you and your boy.

Yeah and it looks I'll be needin' to Call Gary P about scheduling a build date now. Thanks again Tony, SAI should give you a part time sales job! My wife said she knew when I pulled back in what the look on my face meant! :happy feet:

Yeah and it looks I'll be needin' to Call Gary P about scheduling a build date now. Thanks again Tony, SAI should give you a part time sales job! My wife said she knew when I pulled back in what the look on my face meant! :happy feet:

Ah yes, "the look". My wife has seen it many times but I had to learn to disguise it for obvious reasons. (wives don't need to know everything).

Thanks for putting this together guys! My son and I had a great time and the parade was really cool too as we didn't know what to expect.

Nice meeting you there man!

dadteamshelby.jpg

I have a few more pics.. but most of them got messed up since I was using my phone as a camera and it wasn't doing so good saving them to the card.

Hope to see you at a few more local events..

I gotta tell you though.. after this event.. plus seeing so many gt500's.. I am really wanting to get one now.. If my twinturbo Z guys heard me say that.. they'd kill me :)

LOL. Good meeting you, Shawn - and thanks Craig for parking next to me. I thought the two black vert 40ths together looked great. You don't see that very often.

Anyone have the story on this car:

100_1154.jpg

I was talking to someone and he told me it was a fake Super Snake. So how did he get the stripes and hood for the car since its fake. Guessing he had someone make it for him?

I know Marc... I'll confirm for sure and post

Great Job Andy and all - Loads of fun. Great meeting the Team. We just got home and unpacking. Some guy in a Honda was video taping us going down highway 15 south during a long strech, thought the guy was nuts. :finger: I'll post some pics later.

Fred and Teresa

The car is a fake SS; Gary pointed it out to me. You will also notice the stock supercharger, Brembo breaks, the funky strut tower brace and no CSM plate on the strut tower. Also when talking to the owner he said he had about 8k in to the car at this point also and has the look but not the performance for far less than getting the SS package which he was not really interested in because he had no plans to track or race the car.

As for the hood, I see Cruizin Concepts has them listed, though I doubt they have any in stock. I suppose it is possible he got one from them before there was a supply issue with them. I should have asked him about the stripe, looked pretty good.

Anybody catch the vert that was parked up next to the building early in the day with the polished SS supercharger, he says he ordered a supercharger from Shelby and when it arrived and he opened the box it had the SS branded version in it, pulley and all. He only guessed that whoever pulled the mistakenly pulled and shipped this one because the box was labeled as a regular supercharger on one side but a SS supercharger on the other. I also noticed that after Gary saw it and talked to the guy he left before lunch, not sure where he went but guessing he went in to the show field.

The car is a fake SS; Gary pointed it out to me. You will also notice the stock supercharger, Brembo breaks, the funky strut tower brace and no CSM plate on the strut tower. Also when talking to the owner he said he had about 8k in to the car at this point also and has the look but not the performance for far less than getting the SS package which he was not really interested in because he had no plans to track or race the car.

As for the hood, I see Cruizin Concepts has them listed, though I doubt they have any in stock. I suppose it is possible he got one from them before there was a supply issue with them. I should have asked him about the stripe, looked pretty good.

Anybody catch the vert that was parked up next to the building early in the day with the polished SS supercharger, he says he ordered a supercharger from Shelby and when it arrived and he opened the box it had the SS branded version in it, pulley and all. He only guessed that whoever pulled the mistakenly pulled and shipped this one because the box was labeled as a regular supercharger on one side but a SS supercharger on the other. I also noticed that after Gary saw it and talked to the guy he left before lunch, not sure where he went but guessing he went in to the show field.

nice write up about the fake SS, the car looked good. Just not a fan of the guy putting the word SuperSnake around, i just dont like clones, but to each their own.

It just reminded me of a White GT500 that was in the Car Corral during Spring Carlisle in April. Guy placed SuperSnake decals on the car (custom decals) and on his price sheet he put Shelby GT500 "SuperSnake" the thing was ugly(in my opinion) due to he had huge White wheels and red pin striping everywhere

Like I even need to say it... Thanks Andy for putting on this incredible display! Had a great time even though I could only be there on Sunday with my 2012 Shelby GT500 SVT Convertible (silver with red stripe). Glad to have met everyone, Andy, Robert, Helena... Hope to see you all soon. I did get some good pics that I will post as well.

Thanks again,

Adam Schiavi (Westminster, Maryland)

Archived