TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

If you're planning to go through Baltimore, hop on 83N to 76W (toward Pittsburgh, about $1 toll each way) goes right through Carlisle. You definitely won't regret going as it's a great show especially since this year's theme is the "KR". I just hope my car's done by then.

Roger that - Thanks SSSNAKE.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's beautiful and sunny here. Not a drop of rain forcasted until next Tuesday! We have an empty area just waiting to be filled with Shelbys. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The Invitational building is set and ready to go. Just waiting on the KRs...

Will post pics soon

Andy

We have arrived in Mechanicsburg and will be at Carlisle early tomorrow morning. We did run into a thunderstorm a little East of here so the cars are a mess again. Nothing that a good bath wont take care of though. Hopefully hotel personnel will be available early tomorrow morning so we can make them pretty again.

See you all tomorrow.

Mike

We have arrived in Mechanicsburg and will be at Carlisle early tomorrow morning. We did run into a thunderstorm a little East of here so the cars are a mess again. Nothing that a good bath wont take care of though. Hopefully hotel personnel will be available early tomorrow morning so we can make them pretty again.

See you all tomorrow.

Mike

Mike,

Great news! See you in the morning once the boys are cleaned up.

Andy

Mike,

Great news! See you in the morning once the boys are cleaned up.

Andy

Just double-checking...our credentials say to use Gate 3, but we're supposed to see you at Gate 1 instead, correct? Also - I'll be there Friday and Saturday, but my car is my transport to the Travelodge for Fri nite. Will there be any saving of spots overnite? I'm guessing no - and I'll need to be there early both days...

It's beautiful and sunny here. Not a drop of rain forcasted until next Tuesday! We have an empty area just waiting to be filled with Shelbys. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The Invitational building is set and ready to go. Just waiting on the KRs...

Will post pics soon

Andy

:yahoo:

Made it to Carlisle just fine after a 11-hour drive. I wrapped the front of my Shelby in in the clear plastic Road Wrap stuff to take care of the bugs and road debris and it seemed to work fairly well. It's well worth picking up a roll if you do any long road trips in any car that you value the paint job. :shift:

250334_1751415831431_1419944110_31476555_1800256_n.jpg

Made it to Carlisle just fine after a 11-hour drive. I wrapped the front of my Shelby in in the clear plastic Road Wrap stuff to take care of the bugs and road debris and it seemed to work fairly well. It's well worth picking up a roll if you do any long road trips in any car that you value the paint job. :shift:

250334_1751415831431_1419944110_31476555_1800256_n.jpg

Very cool. A little unsightly... But... I'm sure effective. I've seen that wrap in Griots catalogue. I bought the 3m 12 mil 4 inch and cut it to protect headlights and flat portions of the bumper and along the rocker panels.

See you soon!

:salute:

Made it but I have to be honest I'm a little disappointed in the parking lot at Gate 1. The lot is so dusty, hilly, and rough. It's horrible. I spoke to a couple other GT500 owners who feel the same way. I think we are just going to park in the normal GT500 area inside the showfield so our cars don't get coated in dust.

Made it but I have to be honest I'm a little disappointed in the parking lot at Gate 1. The lot is so dusty, hilly, and rough. It's horrible. I spoke to a couple other GT500 owners who feel the same way. I think we are just going to park in the normal GT500 area inside the showfield so our cars don't get coated in dust.

Not ideal situation but it is great to hang with all the TS folks and Saturday's BBQ and TS party will make it all worth it. It is great to support TS and the local region which will help grow the events for the future - for all of us.

Not ideal situation but it is great to hang with all the TS folks and Saturday's BBQ and TS party will make it all worth it. It is great to support TS and the local region which will help grow the events for the future - for all of us.

So we need to dust off the cars a couple times. Big wup. It wouldn't be the first time someone's complained. Tho this is one of the prime spots at Carlisle and we're lucky to have it. I think it's just a really cool collection of cars and can't wait to get some shots of us all in one location together.

Yes, the dust sucks, and being so far apart from the other groups of showcars is not great, especially

for those that want to hang out. But there are key positives: having the cars parked between the KR

exhibit and the SA display is cool. Makes the whole context of being in the Shelby family very tangible.

Plus most folk coming to the event will walk/drive right past them, so it makes a nice first impression.

I'm just sad I have to cut my visit short (a severe medical issue with my father-in-law requires me to be

back in MA this weekend). But I had fun talking up the SGT as an autocross warrior to a bunch of folk who

stopped by. Plus catching up with Gary and Sam from SA was a kick (from helping out at the NYC auto

show). And wandering around the other exhibits in such great weather was a real treat. So kudos to

all the NE TS folk for putting this on, and I know you'll have fun tomorrow.

-Tom

(96 FS, 2010 SCCA New England Region Class Autocross Champ, and the car gets all the credit)

Just got home from Carlisle. It was a perfect day for the show. Here are a few pictures.

th_carlisle004-1.jpg

th_carlisle006.jpg

th_carlisle002.jpg

Check out the sideways Laguna and the exhaust cut outs to the side pipes.

th_carlisle011.jpg

th_carlisle013.jpg

th_carlisle001.jpg

Just got back, great show rained for 30/45mins but felt good, walked the whole thing, from 8:30am to 6pm, got to test drive 5/6 cars over at the Expo Center. Sit in a Shelby and a V6 Convertible at the Mustang Garage near the grandstand.

I'll post up some pictures in a few minutes

Fri/Sat at Carlisle for the All-Ford Nationals. I had my camera, but forgot it when I walked the grounds. So all I have below are from the Special Display area.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/jhe12345/Carlisle%20KR%20invitational%20and%20TS%20NE%20reunion/?albumview=slideshow

Nice pics Flyboy!! My wife saw ya taking pictures and said "he looks familiar, who is that?" I said "I dunno" :hysterical: now I can say It's Flyboy!!!

I would like to thank everyone who put on the Shelby Reunion at Carlisle. I had a great time .It enjoyed looking at some great cars and meeting some great people.

The food was outstanding.A special thanks to Andy.John and Tony from Team Shelby for all the hard work that you put in to this.Thanks also to Patrick from Carlisle.

Terry

07H350

I was there on Friday with my wife (Mrs.Z) and on Saturday with my son (Little Z). Friday was nice, but the amount of cars and people on Saturday was at least (maybe three times) that of Friday.....Wow!!!

My wife has gone with me for the past few years, but had a 'previous engagement' with our daughter (and about 50 other girl scouts) in NYC at the American Girl Doll Store. My son was stuck with me for the day. He hasn't developed a passion for cars yet, and spending the day with me at Carlisle was one less day he could spend at home playing video games (he only gets to play them on the weekends so that he focuses on his school work during the week).

Once we were at the show , he started to get into it. He helped me dust off the car, and kept looking for spots that I had 'missed' when cleaning off all the bugs we hit on the way down. He really liked walking through the vendor areas helping me look for parts and some specific Hot Wheels cars to fill in the voids in my collection...he called this part of the day our 'treasure hunt'. I took him into the main building to look at the cars there, and when he found out there was a special ballot just for a 'kids choice award' he was relentless until we got him a ballot, he looked at every car, them chose is favorite (it was the number 11 car, a lime green 1961 Ford Starliner custom). He also was interested in the 5.0 coyote engine swap project, and watched that for a little while. Aside from a free ice cream cone at the Ford Test drive area, he wanted to go fro a ride in a new Ford Festiva...again in a lime green color. In fact, the t-shirt he was wearing that day was lime green.....I think I'm seeing a pattern here). He even reminded me that we needed to be back at the Team Shelby display at 2:00pm for the awards.

At about 3:00pm it started to rain, and we ducked inside the building housing the KR display to stay dry. He was doing really well up until this point, but the rain was his breaking point. He just wanted to go home. I kept trying to stall him and tell him to hang in there and the showers would pass quickly, but he wanted none of it. I got him a folding chair to sit on while I took some photos but he was not happy, and made sure I was aware of it. I tried to stall him again, telling him we could go the the 'burn out' contest at 4:00 (he likes to watch video's of 'smoking tires' on You-Tube) but that didn't help. The Miss Carlisle contest was at 5:00, but he's only nine, so only one of us was interested in that...and it wasn't him. The parade was at 6:00pm, and I even told him I would try to get him a ride in it if he would like....he didn't like. He just wanted to go home.

We left about 3:45pm, and it took us 45 minutes to go 2-1/2 miles back to the turnpike. Seems like everyone was leaving because of the rain. As we pulled through the turnpike ticket booth, the rain stopped and the sun came out. I asked my son if he wanted to turn around, but he didn't even let me finish the sentence.

All in all, he did great for his first Carlisle, and even admitted that he had fun. We talked about him going again with me next year, and he said he would think about it. I consider that progress, because just a few days before the answer would have been a flat out "No". There is a small cruise up by us once a month, and he asked if maybe we could go the that (did I hear him right? Did we just have a major break-through? I hope so!!!)

Anyway, here is the link to all my pictures from Saturday and Sunday. All the Team Shelby group shots are there, as well as the photos of the awards winners.

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/z-man1234/Team%20Shelby%20-%20Carlisle%202011/

Here are a few favorites....

Tony's GT350 and a matching Ford GT

DSC_0232.jpg

What the infamous "Limer" would look like if it was a 'Vert.

DSC_0254.jpg

"Gills" on a Series 1 Shelby

DSC_0264.jpg

Don't even THINK about it!!!!

DSC_0272.jpg

My sons favorite

DSC_0311.jpg

My favorite (next to Mrs. Z)

DSC_0315.jpg

Boss 302 R (Yeah Baby!)

DSC_0341.jpg

Just a small group of the Team Shelby cars.

DSC_0381.jpg

Do we know these guys?

DSC_0400.jpg

Here's the gang!

DSC_0415.jpg

Hope you all had fun, and I want to see pictures of what I missed on Saturday afternoon...post 'em up!

Z-man

Archived