TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

Carlisle had a VERY bad storm roll through last evening,rain, golf size hail, 65mph winds.Tore the place up a bit.Man I hope the storms are done.

that stinks, at least positively that storm didnt happen next weekend with the cars on the fairgrounds

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that stinks, at least positively that storm didnt happen next weekend with the cars on the fairgrounds

Usually a small storm rolls through during the Ford event.every year something usually happens,The weather has defentially been interesting lately.I am glad I will be in a building this year,

Still no power yet. Been out for 16 hours and counting... Carlisle got lots of rain,wind and lightning. No damage !!!

Just talked to the staff out at the show grounds. Other than trash barrels getting knocked over and a few branches blown off, all is fine. The storm tracked just north of the show and the grounds made out just fine.

Mechanicsburg on the other hand a few miles away gat hammered!! Trees/power lines down and crap blown everywhere...

Good news is it happened THIS week :happy feet:

See you in 6 days!

Andy

Usually a small storm rolls through during the Ford event.every year something usually happens,The weather has defentially been interesting lately.I am glad I will be in a building this year,

:redcard:

:headscratch:

You trying to spread fear when you're gonna be all comfy cozy?

:redcard:

Still no power yet. Been out for 16 hours and counting... Carlisle got lots of rain,wind and lightning. No damage !!!

Just talked to the staff out at the show grounds. Other than trash barrels getting knocked over and a few branches blown off, all is fine. The storm tracked just north of the show and the grounds made out just fine.

Mechanicsburg on the other hand a few miles away gat hammered!! Trees/power lines down and crap blown everywhere...

See you in 6 days!

Andy

:yup:

See you in 6 days!

Andy

Andy, Sorry to hear you got hammered by the weather but I sure hope Mother Nature got it out of her system for a while (or a least a week or so). How about your Hooter's there in Mechanicsburg? Hopefully it's fine (LOL). My old group, the Mach I Registry, always meet up there on Thursday night. About a half dozen of us have since gotten Shelby GT's or GT-500's but we still hang out together at Carlisle. Drop by if you get a chance.

Andy, Sorry to hear you got hammered by the weather but I sure hope Mother Nature got it out of her system for a while (or a least a week or so). How about your Hooter's there in Mechanicsburg? Hopefully it's fine (LOL). My old group, the Mach I Registry, always meet up there on Thursday night. About a half dozen of us have since gotten Shelby GT's or GT-500's but we still hang out together at Carlisle. Drop by if you get a chance.

The Hooters made out just fine :)

Yeah, the Machs always have a strong turnout !

Flying in tonight from Louisiana. I'll be very excited to see the Hall. A local friend of mine will be there with his white '68 GT500KR, 4 speed and a/c at that. I'm not sure who'se more excited, him or me. I got him into this, so I'll take the blame, but I know how good his car is, so he'll take the trophy.

Getting the parts loaded up as we speak, It is getting hot out and it is only 8am,I have the high country special loaded and will be up their later today along with all my parts. The shelby isn't loaded up yet. in fact the rear rotors will be here tomorrow so I still have a little work to do. should have the shelby up their tomorrow by lunch time. See everyone this weekend

Just double-checking...our credentials say to use Gate 3, but we're supposed to see you at Gate 1 instead, correct? Also - I'll be there Friday and Saturday, but my car is my transport to the Travelodge for Fri nite. Will there be any saving of spots overnite? I'm guessing no - and I'll need to be there early both days...

I'm stopping by Thursday night to see how the set-up is going and will be there all three days. While I'm nearby, this is my first trip to Carlisle and I'm looking forward to meeting new friends both near and far from TS. As for pictures, I know I will be taking a lot of them and some of the other people who are going who are even better with the camera than I am will be also so, there should be no shortage of pictures for those who cannot make it

Ah good idea, just sent a message to my sister to see if she needs her mobile hotspot this weekend and if she will let me borrow it.

Your sister has a portable one of those!?!?!?!!?..... I've heard of ones that can be blown up, but not a portable one.... :headscratch:

Its soooo close! So who is coming the longest distance?

I'm driving the KR 185 miles from Southern Maryland, I hope the weather behaves itself... :peelout:

Anybody have any ideas on the best way up from the South? Haven't done this before.

I'm driving the KR 185 miles from Southern Maryland, I hope the weather behaves itself... :peelout:

Anybody have any ideas on the best way up from the South? Haven't done this before.

it's right off of route 81 so I would aim for that!

If you're planning to go through Baltimore, hop on 83N to 76W (toward Pittsburgh, about $1 toll each way) goes right through Carlisle. You definitely won't regret going as it's a great show especially since this year's theme is the "KR". I just hope my car's done by then.

I will also be there tomorrow. I just got back from the SuperFest at VIR.

I planned last winter to take 2 weeks vacation to attend these 2 Shelby

based events. Look forward to talking to some of you. The weather looks great.

I just got my 07 vert cleaned up and the Lawn guy comes to due the house next door.I put the car in garage and get the car cover on and close the door. Go to get the cleaning stuff and it starts to pour rain.Tornado watch here till 8 PM.I am 2 HRS east of Carlisle.Hope to leave early Thur.

Terry

07H350

I just got my 07 vert cleaned up and the Lawn guy comes to due the house next door.I put the car in garage and get the car cover on and close the door. Go to get the cleaning stuff and it starts to pour rain.Tornado watch here till 8 PM.I am 2 HRS east of Carlisle.Hope to leave early Thur.

Terry

07H350

Last year on Friday a bad storm went through the fair grounds, it took one on the large tents away that the events folks had put up.

It just missed a couple of the cars and my wife and I got soaked.

Last year on Friday a bad storm went through the fair grounds, it took one on the large tents away that the events folks had put up.

It just missed a couple of the cars and my wife and I got soaked.

And the 4 hour downpour and lightning show that followed complete with ground strikes was not bad either! :doh:

And the 4 hour downpour and lightning show that followed complete with ground strikes was not bad either! :doh:

Small hail also, I pulled my F250 beside the car and started covering the car with everything I could get my hands on.

Archived