TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mis-badged 2009 KR?

08KR525

If you look closely it does indeed have the 2009 badges on it. The " banner" area in the middle is about the same overall size as the 40th badges so they look very similar.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a legit '09 VB.

You can *clearly* see the "40" on the front wing.

I can't see either side wing clear enough to tell what they say, either way.

But the front one is CLEARLY a 40th wing.

The question was, is the '08 MY the only 40th Annv. or did the '09 MY's get the designation too?

I'm not a KR guy by any means but my understanding is the same as the OP...that only the '08 KR's got the 40th designation.

Phill

The only ones that should be badges as 40ths are the 2008 model year. This was might have been misbadged from SAI or a replacement piece was ordered and was sent a 2008 vs. a 2009.

At any rate, a blue 2009 GT500KR with Nav is one of 20 made.

Hmm. Thats very interesting. I e-mailed the seller to let him/her know but thinking about it, maybe I shouldn't have.

The car is in OK which isn't too far for me to drive from CO to buy it...I'm keeping a close eye on that one and if it doesn't get crazy...well, HMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm.

It would be a *really* nice stable mate to my Kona Blue/white 2010 GT500 and as I've said before, if the Sliver/blue 08 KR sitting in the showroom next to my car when I bought it had been Vista Blue, I'd most likely be driving a GT500KR right now instead of a GT500!

I've just not seen a Blue '09 go for any "decent" price yet. They really seem to jack up the price on the 9's vs the '8's.

Hmmmmmm,

Phill (I'm a impulse buyer!)

The only ones that should be badges as 40ths are the 2008 model year. This was might have been misbadged from SAI or a replacement piece was ordered and was sent a 2008 vs. a 2009.

At any rate, a blue 2009 GT500KR with Nav is one of 20 made.

Thanks Robert. I also know of a local dealership that has an "08 still for sale that is badged as a 40th, but says 1967/2007. Evidently slipped past final inspection at SAI.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Robert. I also know of a local dealership that has an "08 still for sale that is badged as a 40th, but says 1967/2007. Evidently slipped past final inspection at SAI.

This is more common than I thought as my 2007 40th Anniversary has "1968-2008".

Makes for an interesting conversation though.

Archived