TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT350s

Okay.... I got three tickets for all of us to go to Chicago we are flying in Friday Feb 18th and leaving Tuesday Feb 22nd. Hope Gary and Rogr are still going to be there during that time frame?

I had extra miles on my business credit card so I figured it was a good time to use them.

Gary Patterson and John Luft were the only SAI executives there last Thursday and Friday.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like the blue vert better than the red. I told Roger when I picked up my 350 that a red vert would look nice in my garage but I think the kona is sweet.

Will withhold judgement until I see one in person. Mandalay might be calling me soon. :happy feet:

Tony,

The Kona Blue vert looks incredible! The dark blue paint reminds me of the old Nightmist Blue from 1967 that was used on GT350's and GT500's.

So, all this excitment and sweet photos and such aside..................................................how long is it gonna take to get a car, after the donor is dropped in Vegas...from that day?

Any faster than the '11s rolled out?

Just askin'?

So, all this excitment and sweet photos and such aside..................................................how long is it gonna take to get a car, after the donor is dropped in Vegas...from that day?

Any faster than the '11s rolled out?

Just askin'?

Really good question! Roger, what's the current timeline now that all the logistics have fallen in place?

Really good question! Roger, what's the current timeline now that all the logistics have fallen in place?

swa, I spoke with Jeremy at Shelby today. He said the wait from order date could be a year or more. They are still building the 2011 ones now. I am seriously considering getting one of these. Was set on the convertible, but don't think I want a super charger on the vert. That leads me to the coupe. Anyone have any thoughts on putting this much power on a vert? Any one else considering the coupe at this point? Seems all the attention and interest is in the convertible. Oh, and new to this forum :beerchug:

swa, I spoke with Jeremy at Shelby today. He said the wait from order date could be a year or more. They are still building the 2011 ones now. I am seriously considering getting one of these. Was set on the convertible, but don't think I want a super charger on the vert. That leads me to the coupe. Anyone have any thoughts on putting this much power on a vert? Any one else considering the coupe at this point? Seems all the attention and interest is in the convertible. Oh, and new to this forum :beerchug:

Welcome to Team Shelby. You should receive many many replies to your question.

I would buy the coupe, I feel much safer on the track with a roof over my head. Get the coupe, and go BIG power.

Chris

Welcome to Team Shelby. You should receive many many replies to your question.

I would buy the coupe, I feel much safer on the track with a roof over my head. Get the coupe, and go BIG power.

Chris

I love the blue vert, but a coupe is closer to my price range.

Wait, is it the vert i like, or the blue shelby?

:headscratch:

I love the blue vert, but a coupe is closer to my price range.

Wait, is it the vert i like, or the blue shelby?

:headscratch:

Thanks guys. I can't decide, LOL. Blue vert, or blue coupe...... I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show this thursday, so hopefully that will make it all clear.

• 1 month later...

Long wait for sure, I put deposit on announcement date, and I am told to expect delivery spring or summer of 2012. It will be worth it! I beleive upto date I will be the only Canadian with one.

I have already expressed my opinion about the GT350 convertible. I don't like it. You are correct, any of the three variations on the 5.0 will shake a convertible to death.

Ford sells plenty of GT500's verts and no complaints about shaking to death. Hell the 2011 puts out 550 hp+. So why would the GT350 Vert be a problem ?

Archived