TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT350s

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think they could sell more than 4.

We all know they could sell many, many more than 4.

I'm just thinking 1 red, 1 blue with white stripes, 1 yellow, and 1 green with gold stripes would be very special for 2012. (For charity purposes how about 1 pink and 1 white with blue stripes)

I'm not trying to stir up anything, I just really love those original 4. This would be such a wow statement if done.

And if the 4 original cars could all be brought together for a reunion with a 2012 release that would be the ultimate story line for me! (sorry guys, I can dream right!) :drool:

Even if it did ever happen I would be the very last guy to be able to get one of the new ones (shallow pockets here), I'm just saying it would be neat to see it happen!

Rich

We all know they could sell many, many more than 4.

I'm just thinking 1 red, 1 blue with white stripes, 1 yellow, and 1 green with gold stripes would be very special for 2012. (For charity purposes how about 1 pink and 1 white with blue stripes)

I'm not trying to stir up anything, I just really love those original 4. This would be such a wow statement if done.

And if the 4 original cars could all be brought together for a reunion with a 2012 release that would be the ultimate story line for me! (sorry guys, I can dream right!) :drool:

Even if it did ever happen I would be the very last guy to be able to get one of the new ones (shallow pockets here), I'm just saying it would be neat to see it happen!

Rich

Rich...I'm right there with ya! It would be neat to have a bookended coffee table hardback to my SHELBY historical book that shows all of the originals now. The only shame is that with today's 'collector' mentality, those cars would end up under wraps in some warehouse somewhere, never seeing the light of day to be enjoyed by enthusiasts. No doubt they'd eventually wind up in Ron Pratt's garage in AZ! :(

maybe thats why Roger has his car for sale ! making room for a vert GT350 !

Great idea! I will take that to next weeks product planning meeting.

You do realize that Shelby American, Inc. will be at the Chicago Auto Show next Tuesday. This is the first time in 50 years that Shelby American, Inc. has attended an international auto show.

Roger

You do realize that Shelby American, Inc. will be at the Chicago Auto Show next Tuesday. This is the first time in 50 years that Shelby American, Inc. has attended an international auto show.

Roger

Roger....I'm takin' that as a "wink-wink"!!!? :happy feet:

Rich...I'm right there with ya! It would be neat to have a bookended coffee table hardback to my SHELBY historical book that shows all of the originals now. The only shame is that with today's 'collector' mentality, those cars would end up under wraps in some warehouse somewhere, never seeing the light of day to be enjoyed by enthusiasts. No doubt they'd eventually wind up in Ron Pratt's garage in AZ! :(

Bikeboy,

While you're probably right, you just never know. While I'm dreaming out loud, maybe there could be a transition period (say 1 year of touring national shows) before they would let the 4 new convertibles be released for sale. Then we would all get a chance to see them in person before the new owners get their hands on them and possilbly store away, modify them, or hopefully show them more.

I'd like to see Ron Pratt's collection (maybe as a Speed special), He's just too well known now to be hiding away all those great cars. Of course I'd be happy just to see the Shelby/ Cobra/ Mustangs in his collection!

Roger

Roger,

I'm sure Carroll and your gang at SAI are way ahead of me (us) on these ideas. Just looking back at the history I'm sure you can think of all kinds of concepts to move forward with. I know I sure can.

I didn't realize this is the first international show appearance for Shelby, thats great! I hope it's a big sucess for you. For those of us who can't get to Chicago, would you please consider posting lots of images here at TS of your entire display area and the vehicles included. That would be better than us hunting all over the internet for info / images.

Thanks, Rich

Roger

I sure do know this. I am wondering though if Shelby American is going to be only at the Chicago Auto Show or will you guys be at all the autoshows?

Roger,

I'm sure Carroll and your gang at SAI are way ahead of me (us) on these ideas. Just looking back at the history I'm sure you can think of all kinds of concepts to move forward with. I know I sure can.

I didn't realize this is the first international show appearance for Shelby, thats great! I hope it's a big sucess for you. For those of us who can't get to Chicago, would you please consider posting lots of images here at TS of your entire display area and the vehicles included. That would be better than us hunting all over the internet for info / images.

Thanks, Rich

Rich,

The official press release along with a web link for the release photography will be on line on announcement day.

Roger

Rich,

The official press release along with a web link for the release photography will be on line on announcement day.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

We will all be looking forward to the news release (on Tuesday 2/8 for DBowles22) next week.

Good luck in the windy city! Rich

gold stripes? Hmmm, maybe black with gold stripes....but blue or red might look a little too pimp for my tastes...

Actually Im kinda glad I didnt wait. I think the white/ blue stripe looks the best, but Im glad others will have that option now. Its good to see some flavor added to the lineup!happy%20feet.gif

gold stripes? Hmmm, maybe black with gold stripes....but blue or red might look a little too pimp for my tastes...

Actually Im kinda glad I didnt wait. I think the white/ blue stripe looks the best, but Im glad others will have that option now. Its good to see some flavor added to the lineup!happy%20feet.gif

:rockon:

Archived