TEAM SHELBY FORUM

North East Regional Director

GT50040th

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can assure everyone that all Regions are working very hard to make memorable events! Much time and effort behind the scenes have been spent over the last year and this is ever evolving. We will grow together and learn along the way.

Remember these people have full time jobs and many own their own business. They volunteer because of the love of the brand.

Everyone is in for a hell of a ride! Hold on folks.

Roger

sounds great roger.......we cant wait.........keep us posted........

I want to apologize john, i did not intend for my comments and the basis of that thread to turn negative,

i realize now i could have handled it differently and more diplomatically. :salute:

WOW Unbelievable!!! :redcard:

Mistakes will be made, things will be said, it’s the better people that stand up for it…

Apology accepted…

Lets all work together to make Team Shelby a great place to make friend and have fun :happy feet:

I can assure everyone that all Regions are working very hard to make memorable events! Much time and effort behind the scenes have been spent over the last year and this is ever evolving. We will grow together and learn along the way.

Remember these people have full time jobs and many own their own business. They volunteer because of the love of the brand.

Everyone is in for a hell of a ride! Hold on folks.

Roger

Even if specific details arent ready for release or announcement..........are they any specific dates being considered?

it would be helpful to put potential dates aside now so attendance can be maximized and

a bunch of folks dont mistakenly plan vacations during what will become an awesome Shelby event weekend........

any dates we should consider saving?

roger?

john?

Even if specific details arent ready for release or announcement..........are they any specific dates being considered?

it would be helpful to put potential dates aside now so attendance can be maximized and

a bunch of folks dont mistakenly plan vacations during what will become an awesome Shelby event weekend........

roger?

john?

Great question Michael. My calendar fills up pretty quick with car related events.

I certainly don't want to give out bad info or speak for John.

I know the Hershey/Shelby show April 17th is in the works. John and I are working on getting a TS cruise to the show. The museum itself is still finalizing some details and a formal announcement should be made soon. I attended the SAAC show here held in October and they have a great area to stage cars and an awesome display. John will post the info up here once the details are available but save the date of April 17th for the time being.

The Carlisle show info is out and I can't even begin to describe how big this is going to be!! Carlisle is in my backyard and I take for granted that a 3,000+ car Ford show is a common occurance. Well, I have a feeling that records will be broken this year! Pray for good weather and I promise you that you will see Shelbys that have never before been seen and some blow-your-mind one of a kinds. Also, the sheer number of TS cars coming is incredible. Please remember to pre-register now though as the primary area can only hold a limited number and we want that area to be 100% TS cars.

I'll ask John to get the info up on the other events ASAP as I too need to plan around them :shift:

Andy

for example the weekend of April 16th and 17th is already filled with Shelby stuff!

hope to see you and Sandy on the 16th Dougie at the Meet & Greet....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64687-meet-and-greet-april-16th-for-all-shelbys-in-new-jersey/

heading over to the museum on the 17th with some AACA friends.......we made those plans months ago.........

so yes....that weekend is pretty full......... :hysterical: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I certainly don't want to give out bad info or speak for John.

I know the Hershey/Shelby show April 17th is in the works. John and I are working on getting a TS cruise to the show. The museum itself is still finalizing some details and a formal announcement should be made soon. I attended the SAAC show here held in October and they have a great area to stage cars and an awesome display. John will post the info up here once the details are available but save the date of April 17th for the time being.

The Carlisle show info is out and I can't even begin to describe how big this is going to be!! Carlisle is in my backyard and I take for granted that a 3,000+ car Ford show is a common occurance. Well, I have a feeling that records will be broken this year! Pray for good weather and I promise you that you will see Shelbys that have never before been seen and some blow-your-mind one of a kinds. Also, the sheer number of TS cars coming is incredible. Please remember to pre-register now though as the primary area can only hold a limited number and we want that area to be 100% TS cars.

I'll ask John to get the info up on the other events ASAP as I too need to plan around them :shift:

Andy

Here is the link......

http://www.aacamuseum.org/

exhibit opens tomorrow and runs till April 24th.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

roger?

john?

It would be nice to know things in advance....I was hoping to plan some family vacations, etc. around some of the Shelby dates, but its too late now.

I wont respond for Joh but, I can shed some light on what we have found

We decided we needed to look at what events were going on in each state prior to making a decision on holding one of our own or, supporting an existing event. What we found was a full calander. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least. In the GL Region, we are now going to look at which ones to support. Since we just got the green light for the regions in January, we felt there was not enough time to try to set up a major event. Usually, you need a good year to set things up right. If you doubt me, as some of the Mid-America folks. And, they have a template to use

I see a good 4 events in the Northeast. Outstanding job John and whoever is helping him

The ink on our agreement with Shelby wasn’t even dry when we where rolling out events in the Northeast thanks to the help from fellow members.

Within 6 weeks from the public announcement we rolled out two major events, one smaller low cost event and we are helping Shelby American with the New York Auto show. (Please see stickies at the top of our home page)

As regional directors part of our job is to help facilitate events members would like to do in their area and helping with marketing, apparel, insurance ect. This will become more apparent as time goes on and state and area directors are put in place.

One thing that should NOT be our job as directors is to come on the forum and defend ourselves from comments being made about how things are being ran this early in the game. Sometimes I feel like that when I read some of the comments here and a lot of time and effort has been put into this behind the scenes and we all have families, jobs, lives and our own cars to take care of along with the hours and days we have put into this to get it off the ground…

If anyone would like to arrange an event in your area please don’t hesitate to contact me. Help is needed to get this going so everyone can enjoy a great Shelby event in their area.

Thanks for your patience and support…

I agree with Tim, this is not an instant on, perfectly executed venture. What in life is?

Creating a non profit company, lining up help, insurance, licensing, website creation, merchandise, funding and so forth, require time, patience and help. Reach out to your regional director and volunteer.

This club is only as good as the membership. It will be worth it. In spite of what is written on these forums, we all have a great time when we get together for an event!

For what it's worth, I have personally met both John (GT50040th), and Michael (MMcGuirk), both of whom are Regional Directors. They are both 'stand up' guys, mega Shelby enthusiasts, and exactly the kind of folks you would want to have in a Director position.

If you have ever tried to pull together one car event by yourself (car show, road ralley, charity display), you know how much work it is. If you haven't done it, you can't imagine, and would be very surprised. These guys are are trying to coordinate multiple events over an entire region. For goodness sakes, give them a chance, and offer a helping hand. The more you get involved, the more fun you will have, and the better friendships you will forge.

I can tell you for a fact that John has more 'irons in the fire' than he is letting on. You won't be disappointed. Offer a few ideas, and you be surprised at how quickly your thoughts translate to actions.....but its not a 'flip of the switch' process.....it takes time to run down all the details and make sure all the bases are covered.

Hang in there. You're in for quite a ride.

Z-man

For what it's worth, I have personally met both John (GT50040th), and Michael (MMcGuirk), both of whom are Regional Directors. They are both 'stand up' guys, mega Shelby enthusiasts, and exactly the kind of folks you would want to have in a Director position.

If you have ever tried to pull together one car event by yourself (car show, road ralley, charity display), you know how much work it is. If you haven't done it, you can't imagine, and would be very surprised. These guys are are trying to coordinate multiple events over an entire region. For goodness sakes, give them a chance, and offer a helping hand. The more you get involved, the more fun you will have, and the better friendships you will forge.

I can tell you for a fact that John has more 'irons in the fire' than he is letting on. You won't be disappointed. Offer a few ideas, and you be surprised at how quickly your thoughts translate to actions.....but its not a 'flip of the switch' process.....it takes time to run down all the details and make sure all the bases are covered.

Hang in there. You're in for quite a ride.

Z-man

EXACTLY!

P.S. the Ponies in the Pocono event was announced in October of last year and we did say at that time that we were working on making it an official Team Shelby event. Sometimes it just takes longer than expected to get something done when working with multiple organizations.

Sorry if it was me who caused the defensive responses. That wasn't my intent. Just like you Directors and volunteers, I have a full plate of work, life and family, and need to plan in advance. So, I did not think it unreasonable to request some dates to hold open, but now I understand why its not possible. So, I'll shut up. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one of these events someday. Keep up the great work you're doing, we all appreciate it.

Sorry if it was me who caused the defensive responses. That wasn't my intent. Just like you Directors and volunteers, I have a full plate of work, life and family, and need to plan in advance. So, I did not think it unreasonable to request some dates to hold open, but now I understand why its not possible. So, I'll shut up. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one of these events someday. Keep up the great work you're doing, we all appreciate it.

Dont ever feel like you have to shut up. Misundersandings happen :doh: . Team Shelby is you club Ilmor and I hope you express yourself more!

Ilmore,

Please don’t take it personally that was not my intent, this was not directed just to you.

I sometimes get frustrated when I see some post and we’re work hard to get things done.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event soon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very new to I haven't go my car yet 3 or 5 week I'll get my GT 350 . I was thinking I WAS PLANNING to go to the MUSTANGS AT THE BEACH at the NATION SHOW AT SANDS POINT N.Y and maybe we could meet at the show .

I'm very new to I haven't go my car yet 3 or 5 week I'll get my GT 350 . I was thinking I WAS PLANNING to go to the MUSTANGS AT THE BEACH at the NATION SHOW AT SANDS POINT N.Y and maybe we could meet at the show .

1sgt -- when is that Sands Point show? I'll definately go to that...love to meet up! Jay

As of now I have planned to go to the NEW YORK AUTO SHOW and help SHELBY both weekends .I'm also going SANDS POINT to. I hope to meet the DIRECTOR to . Oh do we have a REGIONAL PATCH ???? If we do how do I get one ??

Ilmore,

Please don’t take it personally that was not my intent, this was not directed just to you.

I sometimes get frustrated when I see some post and we’re work hard to get things done.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event soon!!!

I understand and all is well! Thanks for the post. Sorry I didn't see it until tonight; Thanks for all that you're doing!

Archived