TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Underdrive Pulleys worth the $?

Kerry, Your 01 Bullitt came with underdrive pulleys from Ford. Did you feel Steeda pulleys were better? I'm just curious because I used to own 01 Bullitt #2371.

IF I remember correctly, Ford only reduced the alt and oversized the water pump and used the standard 2v OEM balancer pulley.

I only used the Steeda balancer and water pump and left the Bullitt alt pulley alone. Mine was Black Bullitt #2343

IF I remember correctly, Ford only reduced the alt and oversized the water pump and used the standard 2v OEM balancer pulley.

I only used the Steeda balancer and water pump and left the Bullitt alt pulley alone. Mine was Black Bullitt #2343

Thanks..I never checked them out closely, so I can't confirm. I did install Steeda underdrive pulleys on my 05 GT, and for sure noticed an improvement with no negative issues. My #2371 was True Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Any words of wisdom for the install?

Rent, borrow, or buy a GOOD pulley puller. No Harbor Freight tools!

While I'm perfectly willing to get certain things there, a good puller is worth spending a few bucks on.

Also, I think NAPA/Advance/AutoZone have good ones they loan out.

Jer

Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys arrived yesterday.

Now just need to find the time to install them.

Any words of wisdom for the install?:headscratch:photo-22669.jpg

The right tools makes the job pretty easy-

Here is the Puller and Installer #'s I borrowed from Autozone on two occasions-

(the tools will be listed in their information to be used for Chrysler applications, don't let that stop you)

27139 - 3 Jaw Style puller

27144 - Installer tool

Here is another set of directions for your review, it also confirms the puller/installer numbers I provided

http://www.stangnet.com/2007/02/12/s197-ford-mustang-underdrive-pulley-install/

Also if at all possible pick up a new FORD pulley bolt and follow the torque streach torque procedure carefully-

GL

The right tools makes the job pretty easy-

Here is the Puller and Installer #'s I borrowed from Autozone on two occasions-

(the tools will be listed in their information to be used for Chrysler applications, don't let that stop you)

27139 - 3 Jaw Style puller

27144 - Installer tool

Here is another set of directions for your review, it also confirms the puller/installer numbers I provided

http://www.stangnet....pulley-install/

Also if at all possible pick up a new FORD pulley bolt and follow the torque streach torque procedure carefully-

GL

Great info!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived