TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Start of a makeover!

My buddy Jarred and I spent a little time with the Shelby today putting some things I have acquired during winter. I have a bunch more so I will continue posting progress in this thread. Opinions are welcome and thanks for looking.

Today, SD accessories black billet grille and tinted vht'ed tinted foglamps from new take offs, and a Shelby pony from American Muscle. Here are the before and afters.

Before:

IMG_2461.jpg

A couple of the process:

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

After:

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

I love it!

Looks mean man, I guess the SD part works on our grille, I will be purchasing mine this week sometime-I have had the fog lights in my trunk for like two months now or so. Your car is coming along nicely. :rockon:

If your shelby grille is mounted without the help of the old plastic one I think it will work out great. With the plastic one in there, there will be nowhere for the fogs to fit.

If your shelby grille is mounted without the help of the old plastic one I think it will work out great. With the plastic one in there, there will be nowhere for the fogs to fit.

Great, I got the new one without the plastic honey comb on the back.

What is the stuff you used to black out the light, is it permanent?

• 2 weeks later...

This may sound like a dumb question, but does the SD grill mount to the same points that the Shelby grill mounts to? I noticed that you had very little (if any) of the original plastic GT grill. I know that mine is partially there, looks like most of it was removed with a saws-all. So, this may work only on a case by case basis?

Thanks,

This may sound like a dumb question, but does the SD grill mount to the same points that the Shelby grill mounts to? I noticed that you had very little (if any) of the original plastic GT grill. I know that mine is partially there, looks like most of it was removed with a saws-all. So, this may work only on a case by case basis?

Thanks,

Old plastic grille comes out completely and new mounting points are established. Super easy directions.

• 4 weeks later...

dammit..... now i really need to paint my splitter area on mine...

Yeah ya do! It makes the front end look much more complete IMO.

OP, your front end looks dramatically better than it did with just a few tastefully done mods. Well done man.

That SD kit is definitely on my to do list now.

Very nice, not sure about the Cervinis but they will work with the Kaenen 3".

051.jpg

I was hoping you would chime in, I saw your car on another website. Are you ever going to get that hood painted. LOL I have an email into Cervinis, we will see what they say!

I was hoping you would chime in, I saw your car on another website. Are you ever going to get that hood painted. LOL I have an email into Cervinis, we will see what they say!

It sure didn't seem like it, but it's in the paint shop now, got tired of waiting on the best of the best to get around to it and found one who works for a living. I'm having all the stripes done and everything recleared along with a set of SHR 1/4's. Nice work and those 40's are looking good too.

Archived