TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Southern Ontario Shelby and Mustang Owners

rba44

Hi All, I have a question I would like to post here. If this is not the right place to post it please direct me to the right location.

I am a partner at a small ad agency/Commercial Photo studio in the Toronto area, My partner is a member of the Triumph Club here and every year he picks a weekend and does a Show and shin and photo shoot session with his car club buddies. It is a fun week end and everyone gets some fantastic shots of their cars and we do some great retouching and fun things with them and print out posters and calendars and all kinds of great stuff, and because we have the capability to doing most things in house we can keep the cost down. Well at least compared to what it would cost the average guy to get this kind of work done on their own. It is a 5,000 Sq. Ft Studio with a big car cove and plenty of empty parking on the weekends so it can accommodate lots of cars. I am currently not a member of the Mustang club here but am going to join I think, I have only had the Car for 6 months and it has been stored in the studio for 3 of those months.

Anyway back to my question, What I am wondering is do you think there would be any interest in doing something like this this summer for us Shelby/Mustang guys? Please let me know your thoughts so I could get a feel for what kind of interest there would be if any, If I get a good response I would also love some input on how to put it all together as well.

Attached shots are with my i-phone during my cars photo shoot Please don't judge these shots as anything other then to illustrate the studio. I will post some final retouched shots once I'm done having fun with them!

Thanks for any input

post-29707-0-78659600-1296314658_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-92451900-1296314660_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-26049400-1296314662_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-68535500-1296314663_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-26119400-1296314665_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-78659600-1296314658_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-92451900-1296314660_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-26049400-1296314662_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-68535500-1296314663_thumb.jpg

post-29707-0-26119400-1296314665_thumb.jpg

Hi All, I have a question I would like to post here. If this is not the right place to post it please direct me to the right location.

I am a partner at a small ad agency/Commercial Photo studio in the Toronto area, My partner is a member of the Triumph Club here and every year he picks a weekend and does a Show and shin and photo shoot session with his car club buddies. It is a fun week end and everyone gets some fantastic shots of their cars and we do some great retouching and fun things with them and print out posters and calendars and all kinds of great stuff, and because we have the capability to doing most things in house we can keep the cost down. Well at least compared to what it would cost the average guy to get this kind of work done on their own. It is a 5,000 Sq. Ft Studio with a big car cove and plenty of empty parking on the weekends so it can accommodate lots of cars. I am currently not a member of the Mustang club here but am going to join I think, I have only had the Car for 6 months and it has been stored in the studio for 3 of those months.

Anyway back to my question, What I am wondering is do you think there would be any interest in doing something like this this summer for us Shelby/Mustang guys? Please let me know your thoughts so I could get a feel for what kind of interest there would be if any, If I get a good response I would also love some input on how to put it all together as well.

Attached shots are with my i-phone during my cars photo shoot Please don't judge these shots as anything other then to illustrate the studio. I will post some final retouched shots once I'm done having fun with them!

Thanks for any input

rba44,

I see you are not getting any response here. I am gonna jump in simply because I just moved down here from Toronto. (Oakville) You need to contact the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Assoc. of Ontario. They hold many events throughout the year, and are widely viewed there in the GTA as the 'major' Mustang club. There is a show every Saturday night at the Canadian Tire (weather permitting, of course) on the 427 and QEW interchange area. Around the West Mall. I went once. It has the ability to have alot of cars on nice evenings.

There is another car show on Tuesday afternoons at the Boston Pizza on Dorval just north of the QEW. Right near the North Service rd. You can't miss it...it's right on Dorval.

Hook up with these guys that frequent the GHMAO club and ask them what they think. From my personal experience, this forum has a very few guys on it from the GTA. That is the reason for a lack of response. It's NOT because we are douchebags...I can assure you!

Personally, I have thought about your idea in the recent past, as a business opportunity. I am a camera nurd, and know alot of guys that are as well. I think that we car guys can't get enuf pictures of our babies. If you could do this as a business for a reasonable price...maybe offer different pkg's. I think it could be a great money maker, and create alot of goodwill. Good luck dude!

:salute: BIKEBOY

Hey guys thanks for the responses I figured it was because low numbers of guys in the GTA on this site, but figured it was a good place to post the question. Not sure if I want to do it to make money???? I would need to cover my costs, but thought it would be a great way to meet like minded people and have some fun. I myself am not a photographer but am the guy that works in post Photography fixing all the problems and making everything look perfect for ads! I have owned a commercial photo studio for 20 years but can't take a picture to save my life, but when it comes to retouching and color that's right in my wheel house! Bikeboy thanks for locations My studio is at 427 and 407 so I'm very close. Shelby001 I have been thinking about joining the Mustang Club I know there are 2 around here, I guess you would recommend the Golden Horseshoe! If you get a chance to talk to some of the members and think it's something of interest please let me know. I am hoping to get to some of the events around here this summer so hopefully we can meet in person.

Thanks again

Archived