TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace 2010 GT500

rba44

Hi All,

Has anyone seen a strut tower brace for a 2010 GT500? I have seen the one from FRPP but it does not look like the ones I have seen on other cars???? And if this is the only one available for the 2010's does anyone have a picture of how it looks installed? I want to paint my the color of the car with the stripes do you think this brace would look as good as the other one I've seen around.

Thanks for any input in advance

Hi All,

Has anyone seen a strut tower brace for a 2010 GT500? I have seen the one from FRPP but it does not look like the ones I have seen on other cars???? And if this is the only one available for the 2010's does anyone have a picture of how it looks installed? I want to paint my the color of the car with the stripes do you think this brace would look as good as the other one I've seen around.

ive got one from JLT--theyll paint it the color of your car--i have a vert and it has improved the handling in corners.

(2nd attempt at posting, apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate post)

When they first came out I thought they were ugly as my sister....errr, uhh, I mean.....MY DOG!

But then when I saw the first photo of one installed on a TS members car, I HAD TO HAVE ONE (mine is coming with my FR3 pack, "due to ship" anytime...soon...ever since I bought it 5 or 6 months ago!).

Here are a couple of photo's with them installed on two different cars (if they attach).

I will also include the "stock photo" off of the FRPP site which you've probably already seen but I'll attach it just in case you haven't.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the 2010 FRPP STB will NOT work with the stock/OEM inlet resonator but as the photo shows, it will work with the Kenne Bell Stage-I, II or III and from what I've been told it will clear with the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L zip tube and with the FRPP 2.3L TVS when you use the FRPP inlet tube (resonator eliminator) OR with a stock Eaton 2.1L SC if you're using the FRPP inlet tube (avaiable for around 60 bucks MSRP, cheaper at many FRPP Indy suppliers).

HTH,

Phill

post-26522-0-25283500-1296321880_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-50410300-1296321923_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-31882500-1296321953_thumb.jpg

I had a long conversation with John Griggs about this as my Cobra didn't have one. He told me not to bother with it. The bent bars basically act as a spring and you are just adding weight high above the front wheels.

I emailed Steeda and they currently do not have anything that will fit the 10-11 GT500. Their site says that 3 different ones will fit but they wont.

if the fitment issue is that the strut hits the CAI, JLT has a thinner CAI, at least they did,that'll enable a strut brace to run above it.As to does it help, i think on the vert which usually has cowl shake on most verts of any make, it helps alot--for a coupe,not so much

WOW that does look nice! will that fit the stock 2010?

No, as I said in my first post you need the FRPP intake resonator eliminator tube for the 2010 STB to work on a 2010 (and I SUSPECT on a 2011/12). The eliminator tubes come with the FRPP 2.3L TVS or you can buy one for around 60 bucks from a FRPP/Ford dealer, less at a couple of Internet FRPP indy dealers.

You see them available once in awhile from TS members in the classified section of this forum too.

If you look closely at the photo, it's the tube that goes from round to oval, just under the STB bars. It replaces the big bulky resonator inlet tube Ford added (EPA Noice Police Mandated) to help hide the SC whine.

And yeah, the "close-up" photo that GO-SVT posted gives you a even better idea of how they look. My photo's turnd out real small for some reason, so "Thanks" GTSVT.

Phill

(2nd attempt at posting, apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate post)

When they first came out I thought they were ugly as my sister....errr, uhh, I mean.....MY DOG!

But then when I saw the first photo of one installed on a TS members car, I HAD TO HAVE ONE (mine is coming with my FR3 pack, "due to ship" anytime...soon...ever since I bought it 5 or 6 months ago!).

Here are a couple of photo's with them installed on two different cars (if they attach).

I will also include the "stock photo" off of the FRPP site which you've probably already seen but I'll attach it just in case you haven't.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the 2010 FRPP STB will NOT work with the stock/OEM inlet resonator but as the photo shows, it will work with the Kenne Bell Stage-I, II or III and from what I've been told it will clear with the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L zip tube and with the FRPP 2.3L TVS when you use the FRPP inlet tube (resonator eliminator) OR with a stock Eaton 2.1L SC if you're using the FRPP inlet tube (avaiable for around 60 bucks MSRP, cheaper at many FRPP Indy suppliers).

HTH,

Phill

I think this strut tower brace is ugly.

tell us how you really feel

Just being honest. But that's what makes the world go 'round. To each his own. Everyone has different opinions. I happen to like the KR strut tower brace and the Super Snake strut tower brace. Here are some pictures respectively. FYI, the KR strut tower brace fits under the 2010/2011 stock hood...I know cuz I have one. And it fits over a Whipple 2.9 or KB 2.8 with no problems whatsoever.

post-25606-0-57458000-1296758414_thumb.jpg

post-25606-0-74592300-1296758420_thumb.jpg

post-25606-0-57458000-1296758414_thumb.jpg

post-25606-0-74592300-1296758420_thumb.jpg

Just being honest. But that's what makes the world go 'round. To each his own. Everyone has different opinions. I happen to like the KR strut tower brace and the Super Snake strut tower brace. Here are some pictures respectively. FYI, the KR strut tower brace fits under the 2010/2011 stock hood...I know cuz I have one. And it fits over a Whipple 2.9 or KB 2.8 with no problems whatsoever.

Can you Show Pics?

Hi All,

I kind of like the less is more look at times. There are a few options out there but they just looked way too "much" for me.

I was/am a fan of the JLT item:

th_DSC01664.jpg

FYI, the KR strut tower brace fits under the 2010/2011 stock hood...I know cuz I have one. And it fits over a Whipple 2.9 or KB 2.8 with no problems whatsoever.

Okay, so then the question begs....why did Ford reinvent the wheel? At least for the 2010 MY.

The 2010 STB does't work with the stock intake resonator so you have to buy the FRPP resonator eliminator to use it.

If that's the case, why didn't Ford/FRPP just sell the KR style with the eliminator tube???

I could'a swore I read early on that the old style ('07-'09) STB wouldn't work on the 2010's.

And BTW, I think the 2010 STB version looks GREAT. Hell, anyone can stick a curved bar across the strut towers...the 2010 version looks hi-tech, well engineered and well built to me.

Having said that, I do also like the KR STB too. Just not as much as the 2010 STB.

Phill

Yes, I have 2 JLT spacers under each side. I believe they are 1/8 inch thick each. You can get them from JLT. Just give them a call.

You have 2 spacers on each side...4 total? I have this brace and 1 pair (2 total...1 for each side) spacers from JLT but I cannot get the bar to clear the SC and intake tube (JLT carbon fiber). I don't know that 2 spacers would work either, looks really tight. But you got it to work, huh :headscratch:

Actually, it clears the SC easily. It's the JLT CF Intake tube it will not clear. Won't even sit on the bolts/nuts as is, so the spacers definitely will not help. Next weekend I'll try 'sliding' the intake tube further up the sleeves, towards the throttle body. It may clear then. Otherwise I'll have one to sell.

Couple of questions:

Is the brace in the pic part # M-20201-C ? ( std. on Shelby GT 500 KR ).....................it's intended for 2007 - 2009 cars, that's why it doesn't fit without shims, ( spacers ).....................the correct brace for 2010 / 2011 MY cars will clear a stock SC & a 2.9 Wipple..

The hp # you list in your sig........................is that SAE J1349 or J607 ??

.02-05-2011struttowerbrace004.jpg?t=1297015164

Yes, the brace I'm talking about is the M-20201-C.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9801

Who am I foolin'...couldn't wait until next weekend. Adjusted the intake tube and it will fit!!! happy%20feet.gif Will definitely need 2 spacers on each side though. I'll be calling JLT tomorrow to order another pair.

Archived