TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northern Plains

frydguy79

Hey Taxfree. I am a new Shelby owner too (2008 SGT coupe). I am near Omaha Nebraska. My wife and I drove right by Grand Island on I-80 on the way back from California. What color GT500 did you get. Did the dealer bring the car to your house? You should be excited. What a car. The Shelbys are better than you even imagine. Maybe I will catch you at a show and shine or something.

I work right on the banks of the Missouri river here in Omaha, and the river is four feet over flood stage. The levee is built well , but many are worried about storm water back-up that could really mess things up. Many have spent big dollars to prevent that. The National Gaurd is patroling the levee.

Is your 65 Orange? If you had it at the all Ford show in Lincoln today I think my Uncle snapped a picture of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going up to Mt. Rushmore ? Go see it at night for the lighting. Your wife will love riding in the Shelby.

I was not at the Mustang show in Lincoln today. I still have levee flood watch here along the mighty Missouri.

Here is a picture of my 65' fastback. Here is how I resize my pictures. Go to Paint - file - open the picture click on image at top bar select resize/skew change sized to what works like 50 percent. then rename and save it.

post-14450-0-81693000-1310254276_thumb.jpg

Are you going up to Mt. Rushmore ? Go see it at night for the lighting. Your wife will love riding in the Shelby.

I was not at the Mustang show in Lincoln today. I still have levee flood watch here along the mighty Missouri.

Here is a picture of my 65' fastback. Here is how I resize my pictures. Go to Paint - file - open the picture click on image at top bar select resize/skew change sized to what works like 50 percent. then rename and save it.

Here it is at home. Thanks for the resize tip! post-32681-0-26102800-1310291388_thumb.jpg We are going to Rapid City. I have been to Rushmore a few times as a kid. It will be nice to take my family up for their first time. I just hope the ride isn't too harsh.

post-32681-0-26102800-1310291388_thumb.jpg

Now that is one fine looking Shelby. You will like Rushmore more now as an adult. In the evening they do a lighting ceremony that I think is the way to see it. As far as the harsh ride. I drove mine back from California and it was a little choppy at times, but just being in that car, and having the power to pass by eighteen wheelers at will, more than made up for it. Plus I felt safe in the car with its stopping ability, handling, and side air bags,ect. The roads around Rushmore where made for a Shelby. Drive through needles highway and the badlands for some of the best photo opportunities you will ever have. My problem was that I keep looking at the car instead of the attractions. That car will be a head turner up there. All the Harley guys will wish they had your car. I have noticed most Harley people are Ford people too. Are you going during Sturgis week?

One thing your wife may not like is going to be "Shelby owner parking lot ding paranoia" I tell you it is like panic time if you think you parked next to a car load of wild little kids or a beat up car. Seems like the parking spot is never good enough. I have been told to chill out a few times. And watch out for high curbs when pulling into your parking spot. . Stop short. I already scratched mine.

Glad my tip helped. Can't wait to hear about when you come home and see some pictures of your car in The Rushmore area.

New member from Ankeny, IA (suburb of Des Moines. I purchased my first Shelby back in Jan. It is a 2011 Shelby Covertible. Sterling grey/black stripes. I love the car.

I look forward to attending some regional events.

Sean

Welcome aboard Sean!

Yes welcome Sean. Your car sounds awesome. Would love to see a picture of it. Looks like the Northern Plains list is growing.

Frydguy79, is there an official list ?

Yes welcome Sean. Your car sounds awesome. Would love to see a picture of it. Looks like the Northern Plains list is growing.

Frydguy79, is there an official list ?

OFFICIAL list of????

members?

memebrs cars?

we have quite a few regional members here on this forum, but some of them don't frequent the regional sections yet.

New member from Ankeny, IA (suburb of Des Moines. I purchased my first Shelby back in Jan. It is a 2011 Shelby Covertible. Sterling grey/black stripes. I love the car.

I look forward to attending some regional events.

Sean

Sean

welcome to Team Shelby!!

OFFICIAL list of????

members?

memebrs cars?

we have quite a few regional members here on this forum, but some of them don't frequent the regional sections yet

I just thought maybe a list was posted that showed something like this..

Screen Name 2+2 ............ Car Descritpion 2008 Shelby GT # 1929 coupe, vista blue,automatic ............ Location Omaha, Neaska

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you all at an upcoming event.

I am 43, have a great wife, 3 kids.

I am technically challenged when it comes to posting pictures. Still trying how to load multiple photos.

It looks a little different than stock as I bought a set of take off wheels from a 2012 GT 500 and had them powder coated textured black to match the satin black stripe and vert top. I stored the original set. I lowered the car with a full set of steeda suspension components (amazing upgrade)!! Installing a new black shifter & knob today. Also installed new axelbacks and inlet resonator delete.

Was hoping the frpp tvs 2.3 would work but found out yesterday that only applies to the 2010. Now trying to decide if I stick with FRPP and get a whipple or go outside and get a TVS from VMP. To date I have retained all take off parts and stored them for collectible purposes and had all work done by my local SVT dealer (yes we have one in Ankeny, IA). I have not let anyone touch my car outside of my Service director and lead SVT tech so I am still reluctant to go elsewhere.

Long story short this car is the best purchase I have ever made. I am now considering purchasing a trailer to haul it too far away places like the Sturgis Rally.

Do any of you trailer your cars to far away events?

Would you go outside the FRPP supercharger offering and get a TVS from VMP? I am concerned about pushing the envelope with too aggressive of a tune and causing harm.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you all at an upcoming event.

I am technically challenged when it comes to posting pictures. Still trying how to load multiple photos.

It looks a little different than stock as I bought a set of take off wheels from a 2012 GT 500 and had them powder coated textured black to match the satin black stripe and vert top. I stored the original set. I lowered the car with a full set of steeda suspension components (amazing upgrade)!! Installing a new black shifter & knob today. Also installed new axelbacks and inlet resonator delete.

Was hoping the frpp tvs 2.3 would work but found out yesterday that only applies to the 2010. Now trying to decide if I stick with FRPP and get a whipple or go outside and get a TVS from VMP. To date I have retained all take off parts and stored them for collectible purposes and had all work done by my local SVT dealer (yes we have one in Ankeny, IA). I have not let anyone touch my car outside of my Service director and lead SVT tech so I am still reluctant to go elsewhere.

Long story short this car is the best purchase I have ever made. I am now considering purchasing a trailer to haul it too far away places like the Sturgis Rally.

Would you go outside the FRPP supercharger offering and get a TVS from VMP? I am concerned about pushing the envelope with too aggressive of a tune and causing harm.

Trailers are for boats :D ...

call Justin and chat with him and tell him your concerns ,, he is a great guy

• 5 weeks later...

I put money down on it in October 2010 to secure a slot to order it when the order guide was released. The dealership put the order in sometime in January with the request that it not be delivered until July 2011 due to my deployed status. It arrived at the dealership on March 18th 2011. It has since been delivered to my house by trailer. It has 20 miles on it which makes me wonder if they played with it a little bit. Most of the new, still on the lot Shelby's seem to have between 7 and 10 miles. Oh-well, it's under warranty right. August 11th will be my first drive. My wife is afraid she will never see me again once I leave the driveway :speedie::peelout:

8-11-11 Hope to hear how it went.

• 1 month later...

Group:

Team Shelby Club Member Posts:

21 Joined:

02-August 10 Gender:Male Interests:Mustangs, Travel, Anything Fun!! Location:Marshfield State or Province:WI

Posted Today, 08:38 AM

d Today, 08:35 AM

Just over a week until this years "Fall Cruise for a Cause" in the Dells

This is an all Ford event that cruises through the scenic Wisconsin Dells on Saturday (Oct 8th) in the morning for a couple of hours before returning for an afternoon of fun and chances to win many great prizes.

Prizes include, books and pictures that are signed by Carroll Shelby himself, framed pictures of Shelbys, Shelby rotating lights, bean bag toss game plus so much more

A $10 donation per adult is asked and all proceeds benifit the fight against breast cancer so come have some fun and enjoy your ride one last time with others in the scenic colors of the Dells. Awards will be given for viewers choice along with a few special awards by Kenny and our host resort!

Kenny Brown will be our featured speaker on Saturday evening, he will be spending the weekend with us to offer his insight and answer questions about how to make your Mustang perform at it's best!

So join us on the 8th if not the night before for some bingo and prizes.

Contact Dan Neve for more details at dan.neve@staabco.com or call 715-305-7986

Thanks and hope you can join us

• 2 months later...

Just got our 2012 Shelby 500 this month! Please let us know about any events coming up. We live on the ND/SD border on the very western side.

Also, is anyone going to the anniversary bash in LV? We won't be able to go for the whole time but maybe for Fri and Sat and is there a way possible to buy any tickets to banquet or breakfast?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Just got our 2012 Shelby 500 this month! Please let us know about any events coming up. We live on the ND/SD border on the very western side.

Also, is anyone going to the anniversary bash in LV? We won't be able to go for the whole time but maybe for Fri and Sat and is there a way possible to buy any tickets to banquet or breakfast?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Where are you located? I was stationed at Ellsworth for 12 years. Still miss SD

quick answer! Thanks! We are 150 mi northeast of Rapid on the prairie. Looking forward to driving the Shelby but not until weather is better. I work at a hospital and drove it last Monday and nearly caused a riot!

Have a great Christmas!

quick answer! Thanks! We are 150 mi northeast of Rapid on the prairie. Looking forward to driving the Shelby but not until weather is better. I work at a hospital and drove it last Monday and nearly caused a riot!

Have a great Christmas!

Plenty of places to drive that Shelby, just watch for Goats

The deer are hazardous for sure but lots of open roads-only problem is HP knows where we live!

Reminds me of the time my boss was driving in your area, doing 90 or so. If it had been me, Im sure I would have been facing disciplinary action. He was one of those who got away with everything. SDHP officer just gave him the thumbs down. Im sure it was because we were in a US Air Force truck. Still

Hi Everyone,

I'm also a first time Shelby owner. Just purchased (well, August really) a 2010 GT500. Performance White with Red Stripes and it is as stock as it came from the factory. I live in Abilene, KS and it's nice to see that there are other Shelby people in this state.

I plan on getting some track time with the car at Heartland Park as soon as it warms up and I am also planning on going to the Team Shelby event in Tulsa. I hope to see some of you there.

One last thing: I LOVE THIS CAR! Who needs a pacemaker or defibrillator when you own one of these......

Mark

Hi Everyone,

I'm also a first time Shelby owner. Just purchased (well, August really) a 2010 GT500. Performance White with Red Stripes and it is as stock as it came from the factory. I live in Abilene, KS and it's nice to see that there are other Shelby people in this state.

I plan on getting some track time with the car at Heartland Park as soon as it warms up and I am also planning on going to the Team Shelby event in Tulsa. I hope to see some of you there.

One last thing: I LOVE THIS CAR! Who needs a pacemaker or defibrillator when you own one of these......

Mark

Welcome to the Team Shelby forum from a Great Lakes member. And your choice of going to Tulsa coudn't be better unless you were to attend the Bash in Vegas.

Thank you for the welcome message. I'm still thinking about the Shelby Bash in Vegas, but I don't think time and money will allow me to attend. Spending too much money on a new garage for the car.

Welcome Mark and Verlyn 12. Mark do not forget about the Shelbyfest in Hermann Missouri. We will be going there for sure at the end of April. It is a nice easy drive across I-70, and Hermann is a neat place to go even without the Shelby's there. I have only owned my 2008 SGT since May, so all the events will be new for me. Verlyn, I noticed last year there was a national Mustang show in Sturgis in September.

Welcome Mark and Verlyn 12. Mark do not forget about the Shelbyfest in Hermann Missouri. We will be going there for sure at the end of April. It is a nice easy drive across I-70, and Hermann is a neat place to go even without the Shelby's there. I have only owned my 2008 SGT since May, so all the events will be new for me. Verlyn, I noticed last year there was a national Mustang show in Sturgis in September..

Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO. Sounds real interesting. All I have to do now is google Hermann :happy feet:

This ought to get you started in the right direction...

www.ShelbyFest.net

Welcome and see you around!

My wife and I are going to ShelbyFest 2012 for sure. We got our room in Hermann already. I would also like to make it to one of the 50 th year events too. I do not think we will make Tulsa, but may try to fly out to the Barrett-Jackson Vegas event in September .We have been to Barrett-Jackson in Vegas before and it is fun. It is like the biggest car show you have ever been to, but all the cars are for sale.

Welcome Mark and Verlyn 12. Mark do not forget about the Shelbyfest in Hermann Missouri. We will be going there for sure at the end of April. It is a nice easy drive across I-70, and Hermann is a neat place to go even without the Shelby's there. I have only owned my 2008 SGT since May, so all the events will be new for me. Verlyn, I noticed last year there was a national Mustang show in Sturgis in September.

Yes, there is a huge Mustang Rally in Sturgis usually on Labor day Weekend. The motorcycles are gone and the ponys take over! The weekend before is a big Classic Car rally in Deadwood called Kool Deadwood Nites. Friday and Saturday big concerts on Main Street with 60s bands and Sat morning a parade with about 700 cars. Usually 10000 people in town for that. So, everyone plan on coming to the Black Hills the end of Aug and first weekend of Sept.!

verlyn12 - I live in Pierre SD. and have attended the last 4 Sturgis Mustang Rallies and ready to sign up for 2012 rally. We don't have anything goin on due to the chilly weather but we get together for some road trip from time to time weather permiting of course. In june we get together for a poker run - some autocross - drag racing and car show at our Mustang / Corvette challenge . we also have a Pre-Mustang rally to kick off the Labor Day weekend that includes a poker run - prize drawings - burnout contest and a caravan that goes to Sturgis . We would be honored to have ya come on down an have some fun with us. where did ya pick up yer new hot rod ?

Archived