TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northern Plains

frydguy79

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great, I see you are from the land of OZ. I'm in Manhattan and I just bought an 08 GT500 with 2600 miles. Hell of a storm coming our way, can't wait till spring to get some driving in.

Tim

welcome Tim!!!

i live in Great Bend and work in Larned, so your only a little over 2 hours from me, tell us about your car!!

Randy

Thanks, the car is white with black stripes with the FRPP performance pac, CAI, pro-cal, mufflers and oil filter which was in the trunk still in the orginal unopened boxes when I bought the car. And I didn't know it was in the trunk until I got home.

I was shocked when I looked in the FRPP catalog at the price of this performance pac. I bought the car Dec 30 and have only drven it twice.

Tim

Sounds great, I see you are from the land of OZ. I'm in Manhattan and I just bought an 08 GT500 with 2600 miles. Hell of a storm coming our way, can't wait till spring to get some driving in.

Tim

Welcome Tim!

And maybe I was just lucky with the weather, but I was able to take my SGT out this weekend for a little "spin" around the neighborhood shift.gif

However, it looks like the only thing "spinning" for the next few days will be the blades on my snow blower redcard.gif

Spring is just ahead, and lots of people will be more than eager to get their cars out of winter hibernation...

I'm sure there will be plenty to do once the weather turns warmer...

Gregg

07SGT0547

thanks!

i am in the process of a regional event for this fall, plus a couple others in the planning stageshappy%20feet.gif

got to get some ducks all lined up before i let a cat out of the bag, but hopefully soon

plus don't forget Shelbly Fest in Hermann Mo coming up in April happy%20feet.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone here! I'm excited about the events to come.

I no longer have my SGT - so I'd be coming as a spectator.

Perhaps one day, I'll own another - my Wife has promised me we'd get another!

Trevor

• 1 month later...

i finally got my Shelby Billet Fays 2 Watts link on and almost got my Mcleod clutch broke in,,,,, i need a road trip to somewhere,, any body want to shoot the bull and hang out :shift:

i am itchin to go race asap,, but i need the miles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm a 2012 GT500 SVT owner. Was just browsing the forums and came accross this one. Looks like this is my region. I am currently deployed right now. Should return late in the year. My Shelby is being delivered to my house today. It's been sitting at the dealership since March 19. I don't know if I should be excited or bummed at this point. I just hope my wife doesn't try to move it. She can't drive a stick. I keep having nightmares of her punching through the back of the garage. Saw that happen on a youtube video. Anyhow, hope to meet some of you if there will be any events in 2012.

uh that would be the Northern Plains Region,, Welcomehappy%20feet.gif

how are things in Grand Island?

I know....stupid question. The internet over here is terrible. sometimes the entire page appears sometimes they don't. By over here I mean Kosovo. I'm currently deployed.....again....I haven't seen grand Island since January. I hope it's not flooded.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Taxfree. I am a new Shelby owner too (2008 SGT coupe). I am near Omaha Nebraska. My wife and I drove right by Grand Island on I-80 on the way back from California. What color GT500 did you get. Did the dealer bring the car to your house? You should be excited. What a car. The Shelbys are better than you even imagine. Maybe I will catch you at a show and shine or something.

I work right on the banks of the Missouri river here in Omaha, and the river is four feet over flood stage. The levee is built well , but many are worried about storm water back-up that could really mess things up. Many have spent big dollars to prevent that. The National Gaurd is patroling the levee.

Hey Taxfree. I am a new Shelby owner too (2008 SGT coupe). I am near Omaha Nebraska. My wife and I drove right by Grand Island on I-80 on the way back from California. What color GT500 did you get. Did the dealer bring the car to your house? You should be excited. What a car. The Shelbys are better than you even imagine. Maybe I will catch you at a show and shine or something.

I work right on the banks of the Missouri river here in Omaha, and the river is four feet over flood stage. The levee is built well , but many are worried about storm water back-up that could really mess things up. Many have spent big dollars to prevent that. The National Gaurd is patroling the levee.

I'm currently deployed (with the NE Army Guard) but should be home soon. The dealership did deliver the car by trailer from Lincoln so that was nice. I am beyond excited....obsessed is probably a better term. My wife was kind enough to get all the arrangements made to get it home for me. It's titled and tagged and waiting to be driven. My wife doesn't drive a stick so it will sit till I get back. It is a 2012 SVT, Ingot Silver with Colorado red stripes. I am looking forward to getting out to some meets. I will be taking out to MPH in Hastings NE to play with it. It's only 20 minutes away from Grand Island. I'm very excited. Nice to meet you, hope to see you around!

I'm currently deployed (with the NE Army Guard) but should be home soon. The dealership did deliver the car by trailer from Lincoln so that was nice. I am beyond excited....obsessed is probably a better term. My wife was kind enough to get all the arrangements made to get it home for me. It's titled and tagged and waiting to be driven. My wife doesn't drive a stick so it will sit till I get back. It is a 2012 SVT, Ingot Silver with Colorado red stripes. I am looking forward to getting out to some meets. I will be taking out to MPH in Hastings NE to play with it. It's only 20 minutes away from Grand Island. I'm very excited. Nice to meet you, hope to see you around!

you will have a blast @ MPH!!

i have a silver red stripe 2012 sitting on my showroom floor ,, it's a awsome color combo

You might as well test your car out while it is still under warranty. I dont drive my cars super hard anymore. I am getting to old to be working on them all the time. I would rather spend my time washing my Shelby than fixing a breakdown from racing. I am happy just looking like I am going fast. Wait until that first time you wash and wax your GT500. My favorite part is cleaning the trunk deck around the Shelby letters. You will see. Its like Wow this is our Shelby.

Was your car on the showroom floor, or did you order it?. I would like to hear about when you drive it for the first time. And for sure we have to run into each other at a car show or something. I am already thinking about going to next years Shelbyfest in Herman Missouri. That is not a bad drive. I wonder how many from this Region went this year.

The Gaurd I talked to on the Omaha levee tonight were Air Gaurd from Lincoln Nebraska. They where driving a four passenger four wheeler. Our parking lot got flooded and the road was three feet under water.. Good thing the SGT was safe at home in the stable.

• 2 weeks later...

you will have a blast @ MPH!!

i have a silver red stripe 2012 sitting on my showroom floor ,, it's a awsome color combo

Looking forward to spending some time at MPH. As for the color combination all I can say is GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might as well test your car out while it is still under warranty. I dont drive my cars super hard anymore. I am getting to old to be working on them all the time. I would rather spend my time washing my Shelby than fixing a breakdown from racing. I am happy just looking like I am going fast. Wait until that first time you wash and wax your GT500. My favorite part is cleaning the trunk deck around the Shelby letters. You will see. Its like Wow this is our Shelby.

Was your car on the showroom floor, or did you order it?. I would like to hear about when you drive it for the first time. And for sure we have to run into each other at a car show or something. I am already thinking about going to next years Shelbyfest in Herman Missouri. That is not a bad drive. I wonder how many from this Region went this year.

The Gaurd I talked to on the Omaha levee tonight were Air Gaurd from Lincoln Nebraska. They where driving a four passenger four wheeler. Our parking lot got flooded and the road was three feet under water.. Good thing the SGT was safe at home in the stable.

I put money down on it in October 2010 to secure a slot to order it when the order guide was released. The dealership put the order in sometime in January with the request that it not be delivered until July 2011 due to my deployed status. It arrived at the dealership on March 18th 2011. It has since been delivered to my house by trailer. It has 20 miles on it which makes me wonder if they played with it a little bit. Most of the new, still on the lot Shelby's seem to have between 7 and 10 miles. Oh-well, it's under warranty right. August 11th will be my first drive. My wife is afraid she will never see me again once I leave the driveway :speedie::peelout:

August 11 th will be an exciting day for you. Now you make sure your wife and daughter are number one. Then after you take care of that, I am sure your wife will be as excited as you to show you your Shelby. Does it get any better than this? You are living large, soak it all in. Kind of a reward for you and your family for a job well done.

The dealer in California where I went to pick up my 08' SGT , brought it out to the airport to pick us up. I will never forget when I saw it the first time.WOW. I had seen in person both the white and black 07' SGT's, and even grabber orange and black barrett-jackson 08' SGT's, but never seen a vista blue one. Turned out better than I hoped it would be. Wait until that first time you realize you are driving your Shelby. Everone keep calling the car "the new member of the family"

Make sure you tell us all about that day and post some pictures if you can.. How many miles of normal driving is advised before you go to the track? In September there is a Mustang show in Omaha, maybe you need to take " Buckeye" out for a weekend drive. And NO you are not going to put buckeye leaf stickers on it. I am sure the local Omaha mustang club that is putting on the show would be happy to see Team Shelby cars there.

Here is a picture of our 2008 Shelby GT, Automatic, navigation, HID headlights. The picture is taken in Malibu California not far from where I bought it. And yes my wife does drive it. Go Huskers !

post-14450-0-12537300-1310240871_thumb.jpg

post-14450-0-12537300-1310240871_thumb.jpg

August 11 th will be an exciting day for you. Now you make sure your wife and daughter are number one. Then after you take care of that, I am sure your wife will be as excited as you to show you your Shelby. Does it get any better than this? You are living large, soak it all in. Kind of a reward for you and your family for a job well done.

The dealer in California where I went to pick up my 08' SGT , brought it out to the airport to pick us up. I will never forget when I saw it the first time.WOW. I had seen in person both the white and black 07' SGT's, and even grabber orange and black barrett-jackson 08' SGT's, but never seen a vista blue one. Turned out better than I hoped it would be. Wait until that first time you realize you are driving your Shelby. Everone keep calling the car "the new member of the family"

Make sure you tell us all about that day and post some pictures if you can.. How many miles of normal driving is advised before you go to the track? In September there is a Mustang show in Omaha, maybe you need to take " Buckeye" out for a weekend drive. And NO you are not going to put buckeye leaf stickers on it. I am sure the local Omaha mustang club that is putting on the show would be happy to see Team Shelby cars there.

Here is a picture of our 2008 Shelby GT, Automatic, navigation, HID headlights. The picture is taken in Malibu California not far from where I bought it. And yes my wife does drive it. Go Huskers !

Beautiful car....and scenery. As for the buckeye leaf stickers. I put one on my flight helmet and had to go down to Fort Rucker, Alabama for additional flight training a couple years ago. Once I arrived I turned in my flight gear (helmet and all) in for an annual inspection. I was called into the Commanders office about two hours later because they thought that the Buckeye leaf stickers were marijuana leaf stickers. They didn't believe me until I pulled a picture up on his computer to show them. Anyhow, no Buckeye stickers on the car because I don't want people to think I am a pothead or something. My wife is not as excited as I am. We are going to take the car to South Dakota for a few days while I'm on leave. The manual suggests 1000 miles before tracking the car. I should just about have that knocked out with the trip. I will miss the Omaha Mustang show in Sept. I have to come back here for a bit. Maybe next year. I will be posting more pics as soon as I can figure out how to compress them. My Wife will also be driving mine. We are going to buy her a cheap car with a stick to learn in. Then she can drive it. Take Care!

Archived